1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone used paid ads eg Facebook, Google etc?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by broombroom, Jul 25, 2014.

I have always relied on Google and my own man power for my traffic and to be honest I have had many ups and downs. I am now focusing on gaining more traffic without relying on Google i.e. commenting on forums, twitter etc etc. I am now toying with the idea about paying for advertising. Since I started internet marketing I have always had the idea that paying for ads is bad or only for the uber successful marketers. The way I see it now they are successful because they advertise and at the end of the day if I spend £1 to make £2 it is a profit right?

So what are your experiences with paid advertising? I believe Facebook is a gold mine with its super targeted ad service. I saw a case study were one successful marketer picked a golf dating service affiliate product and promoted it to all single male golfers in the US using Facebook ads. It was only a test over 3 days but his $17 in advertising fees made him $44 in sales. This seems like a highly profitable venture or am I missing something?

broombroom, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  2. joshbrown

joshbrown Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Advertising on any network I feel is profitable if you know what you're doing. Of course, depending on niche, target audience and your overall plan, you may find marketing on one network, for example Facebook, to be preferable as opposed to trying on all. On the other hand, if you have no idea what you're doing, it can be quite costly.

joshbrown, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  3. cborrx

cborrx Member

Best Answers:
    After having poor luck using paid advertising ( google, bing, 7 search) I have switched to something I should have started 3 years ago when everyone was telling me that the money is in the list. I now spend money on traffic that will bring me subscribers like solo ads and funnel clicks. We shall see.

cborrx, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  4. broombroom

broombroom Member

Best Answers:
    I know the money is in the list but if there is money on the table with paid ads then I certainly don't want to leave any there. See Googles changing ways crippled my web traffic to practically nothing thankfully forcing me to not completely rely on it. Now no one knows about my site basically and my facebook page hasn't got of the ground. I am going to test facebook ads tonight but although I was excited about them I am now likely going to make nothing of it.

broombroom, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Facebook ads didn't work well for me. Too pricey. They wanted double of what I paid on AdWords for a similar ad, yet the conversion rate was dismal. Maybe it will work better for you. Bing is actually not that bad at bringing relatively cheap, yet targeted traffic.

qwikad.com, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  6. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As an Internet Marketer, especially if you're an affiliate marketer, there is no doubt you have to use paid advertising sooner or later.

There are no guaranteed results in paid advertising, but only optimal. You will have to go through the initial stage of trial & error (which may cost quite a sum). If you've no experience in paid advertising, then it might cost you some $ to become familiar - you become familiar through practice.

On a good day, when I tested a product and bought solo ads (spent $34), I made $200 in sales.

On a bad day, simply no sales.

The case study you mentioned is probably based on CPA marketing.

Ethan Alvin, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  7. michaelreyes

michaelreyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook doesn't allow landing pages or affiliate links anymore. Google is the same thing. I personally use Bing Ads since they are relatively low competition and always automatically approve my ads on demand. Well, accept when it comes to medication type products.

michaelreyes, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  8. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends where you are going with ads. Some campaigns can turn costly if they are not setup well! end of story.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  9. NewJoe

NewJoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's convinient if you feel that you could get all the use from the high payement ads.

NewJoe, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  10. ketan725

ketan725 Member

Best Answers:
    users do not really want to be sold on social media is what i feel. it depends on the recommendation engine however.

ketan725, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  11. Alex Leizerovich

Alex Leizerovich Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used bing, Fb ads, youtube paid ads, solo ads.
    You can get good results but you need a clear strategy and a funnel in place.
    Else you'll be running around wasting money.
    It depends on your goals really and your niche.

Alex Leizerovich, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  12. Elvis Wong

Elvis Wong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is the best choice these days regarding search engines. Go for it but they only accept credit cards as payment.

Facebook is great but with their new TOS in place, you really, really need to know what you are doing to actually make REAL money

Paid QUALITY soloads (not the free crap) but this could be pricey ! I got a list i can submit too but it costs 8k !! Can you imagine ?
    but the results are insane if you got the right thing to advertise. The volume of traffic they can send is astonishing. Heck the first time it busted the VPS i was running the offer on (talk about a bad move from my part here...)

Elvis Wong, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  13. TangoMan

TangoMan Peon

Best Answers:
    I publish a small newspaper with about 15,000 readers. We have had trouble building traffic on our website on which we sell advertising space. Without decent traffic, we were not able to attract advertisers. What we did was boost our facebook page using paid boosts to increase the "likes" on our page. This gave us good results as we could then tease content from our main website on our facebook page. This drove unique visitors to our website increasing our attractiveness to advertisers.

TangoMan, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  14. ld_west

ld_west Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used facebook ads recently and will continue to use them from time to time. They are pricey but if the stats provided are real, then it's worth it. As far as actual ROI, it has generated more sales for us than what it cost us, every time and has also gained us more "likes" to our page. We only recently started pushing facebook and it seems to be promising, but like everything else, there is a formula and it's a learning curve.

ld_west, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  15. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Manual submissions always work for me, paid service can be very helpful but it still beneficial to work on your websites on a regular basis.

Dario McNut, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  16. Jeanymn

Jeanymn Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've used Bing/Yahoo quite successfully for the past 2-1/2 years. The beauty of paid advertising is that you can get very targeted traffic and you get it fast. If you have some money to spend on advertising this is the way to go in my opinion, just make sure to research your keywords, learn how to compose a good ad, etc. You can also set your daily budget as low as $5 per day I believe? It would be worth your time to learn as much about PPC advertising as you can before you go that route. In my experience, PPC advertising on Bing (adcenter) has made me more money faster than anything else I have tried!

Jeanymn, Aug 8, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  17. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use Google, FB, and Linkdin.

enous, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  18. shaniusmang

shaniusmang Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used google adwords for my classified sites and result was really amazing of my campaign but on these days competition was low in classified sites but in these days competition is high and CPC is also high so i stop using google adwords.

shaniusmang, Sep 19, 2014 IP