1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone used Blogitive or PayPerPost?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cldnails, Sep 7, 2006.

1. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bad press is good press for a new company like PPP.

Has anyone received any kind of invoice from them? I emailed but no answer.

mad4, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I used PPP with great ranking results. And all those links arecurrently PR0 so it can only get better.

No surprise. I've been in a slo-mo dialogue with them for many weeks. On Friday I told them what I thought of their efforts to promote, while the current service is sub-standard. Why go and get new custom if the current folk aren't happy and the system leaving much room for even basic improvement?

Any Web company that doesn't respond within 2 working days goes down in my books as Mickey Mouse nowdays. PPP are quickly becoming one of them.

And they approved a blog post in one of my opps that had 2 broken links. Ironically I marked it as link building :eek:

T0PS3O, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  3. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    PPP's model is so flawed its not true. When I post an opportunity there are straight away loads of bloggers ready to pounce on it. There is no incentive for me to bid higher to attract better bloggers as it will just mean all the crappy bloggers will get paid more for doing exactly the same.

I bid $10 per post at the moment. If I could choose a blog then I would bid $50.

mad4, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I just hope they spend their 3 million wisely. On their system, solutions and personnel first, promotion second.

Like you I'm sitting here ready to spend 10 times more than I already have but won't do until I get some answers and see some improvements.

T0PS3O, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  5. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of them are blogspot blogs. Do you think putting something in the description saying "No blogspot bloggers please" would remove some of the MFPPP blogs?

How hard is it to get a blog into the PPP network?

Edit: Basically what I want is text-link-ads.com inside the content of a blog!

mad4, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    They have decent enough quality standards on paper. MFPPP wouldn't work because they don't allow back to back PPP posts. Blog also needs to be 90 days+ old and have a minimum number of posts over the last N weeks. It's just that they're not enforcing their own rules right now. Or at least being slack. Could be greed, could be new staff I don't know but it sucks for us advertisers.

Their site also needs improvement. After logging in there's no route to the opps, no route to a meaningful FAQ - they just dump all that in the forum. Navigation is piss poor. Opps list randomly re-sorts which is annoying the hell out of me.

T0PS3O, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  7. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    It must be hard to strike a balance.

On one hand they are boasting about bloggers who have made $1000 already on PPP. While this is very appealling for bloggers it makes us advertisers think "Shit, don't want to appear on that guys blog."

mad4, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  8. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    That's why I block all bloggers after they do one of my Opps. But then I found they went and did the next Opp anyway, negating the whole idea of blocking them. They said they'll look into it; that's been a while now.

It's a shame because there's so much potential both for advertisers and bloggers.

T0PS3O, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  9. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're likely to get better blogs making your offers here on DP.

hextraordinary, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  10. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Yes but then you loose the convenience of managed payment, approval etc. On a large scale that doesn't work out. For my niches it doesn't work well either.

T0PS3O, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  11. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe, but they tend to get buried (mine do anyway :()

Maybe given the attention PPP is getting and the negative points posted above we should create a seperate section on the B/S/T forums for paid blogging. The thing I like about paying DP members is I can ignore them if they are low quality blogs and pay more for better blogs.

Controversial.

mad4, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  12. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    If you spend 2 grand on a bunch of freelancers you can easily clone their concept and then some. In no time. Would just require a couple of people who can tap into a large community like DP to kick it off. If there's demand (us webmasters), supply will follow. If there's supply (content writers/freelancers) demand will follow.

T0PS3O, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  13. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I would be surprised if somebody doesn't do it.

I would have a go but customer support (an essential aspect of this system) is not something I am prepared to do. :)

mad4, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  14. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Mad4 let me take care of customer support :) Just do it what things do you think should be done better?

TheSyndicate, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  15. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lot of things to consider when using their system. Also, keep in mind...they are in beta.

cldnails, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  16. hextraordinary

Best Answers:
    On the other hand you have much more control over the blogs it will be on and in what way the information will be presented. And a direct connection with the blog owner who can edit things according to your wishs.

hextraordinary, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  17. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Still not beein approved by them been 48 hours now. Saw that a girl made 1750 $ but in how long time? Also saw some blogs calling it "evil" website. Well i guess they do not like adsense either or any other program that makes money. Kind of like getting money from the goverment to make newspapers nobody reads :)

TheSyndicate, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  18. dirtisbetter

dirtisbetter Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey everyone,
    Thought I'd jump in. I have a blog and I use both PPP and blogsvertise. I care about the quality of my blog so I don't make a ton of money. If you look at the people who are making the top dollar, they are taking every opportunity and if you read their blogs it is just ad after ad after ad.

Which is great for them, I guess, but their blog is not going to keep it's readership if it had any to begin with.

I also try to make my paid ads sound natural. Almost always my readers do not know I am advertising something. If it has to be a blatant advertisment, I'll do it if I believe in what is being advertised.

I'm not too proud to make money (single mom and all) but I also have put a lot of work into my blog to make it interesting and to keep my readers.

I've jumped to a PR5 blog after just starting this new blog this summer.

I wish I had people like you who would pay bigger dollar for their ads! Hey..if you ever are looking.....

Blogsvertise pays more usually but they don't have as many opportunities.

dirtisbetter, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  19. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think about moving to your own domain - especially if you are trying to bring in advertisers. The extra $10 a month you spend can make a big difference - especially since you clearly have a quality blog (I just took a look).

Phynder, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  20. hextraordinary

Best Answers:
    Very true, I will never advertise on a hosted blog.

hextraordinary, Oct 11, 2006 IP