1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone used Blogitive or PayPerPost?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cldnails, Sep 7, 2006.

1. danrua

danrua Peon

Best Answers:
    Regarding link quality, I've found the links to be interesting, quality links that won't disappear because they were legit in the first place -- not some link farm. That begets branding and direct marketing benefit, and organic search benefit along the way. Just one of the keyword/website combos I've been tracking is speedtv.com's ad opportunities referencing keyword, "nascar", one of the most prized brands in the country. SpeedTV moved from position 12 to 5 in two weeks on a valuable keyword with great content -- that is ROI across the board: http://www.floridaventureblog.com/uploaded_images/nascar.png

I think the phrase "don't waste your time" is best addressed at the idea of chasing down blog owners by hand now that PPP exists. It could be of interest, but there is only so much real estate you can buy at a specific blog and the time to chase it down would be better spent optimizing results as the PPP platform disperses your message across hundreds of interested, entertaining publishers.

Then again, I don't claim to be an expert, just a guy who has been researching this new model (a bunch)...I'd love to synch a hundred advertisers who would like to try it, share their keywords and their resulting data for all to see...LMK and I'll do the number crunching...

danrua, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  2. danrua

danrua Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, blogsvertise states the following when I attempt to create an opportunity: "Your Advertising Rate is set to: $50.00 per blog entry." I don't know if that is a bug or whether they are truly expecting us to pay $50/post when we can all do PPP for an order of magnitude less expense. If the results are an order of magnitude better I'd love to know -- please share real data (i.e. a graph similar to the one I provided for SpeedTV). DigitalPoint tools make it easy.

If you know them (and I have a feeling you do), I'd love to get my hands on their true advertiser results data. I put a lot of emphasis on the numbers and what platform/cultural elements make the numbers possible. PayPerPost has high marks on both of those measures.

danrua, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  3. ronjonbb

ronjonbb Active Member

Best Answers:
    It could be a bug, most of mine were $20-30 each... and some were discounted at $5 each, however the cheaper ones, their quality isnt as good... and i prefer the better quality ones.

ive also been able to search, pick and chose which blogs i would like to advertise on. By category and pr.

Regardless, if you asked a high quality, high traffic blogger to write about an advertiser in their blog for cheap, i'd say the blog isnt of any value to begin with. Both for traffic and search engine value. i'd pay $100 for an advertiser review on a high traffic/popular blog, then 100 $1 ads on blogs nobody reads.

ronjonbb, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  4. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using PayPerPost and I think it's fairly decent for both parties..

I'll sign up for blogitive and see how it works too!

sixty6, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  5. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cool, let us know what you think.

cldnails, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  6. gilbertcross

gilbertcross Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used Payperpost from both the advertiser and publisher perspective.

As a publisher, I have several blogs attached to Payperpost, ranging in PR from 0 to 5 (and I work on increasing the low ones, so they won't always be PR0). I've made about $800 in the last month, and they've started paying out which is great. I go above and beyond on every post, offering more links than what the publishers ask for (especially if I'm posting to one of the low PR blogs). In all, it's a pretty great service for a publisher.

As an advertiser, I've seen mixed results, leaning towards the positive side. With cheap opportunities, it's definitely harder to get higher PR bloggers. Once you start offering $6-8, though, you can usually get quality. I make sure to be VERY specific, giving keywords, anchor text, and my assurance that good posts will receive good feedback (this is going to start mattering more in their system).

On several fairly competitive keywords (Several million results or more), I've gone for 3rd and 4th page rankings to 1st page rankings without any changes but PayPerPost. And that's with just 20-30 opportunities. I'm sure you'd need more for some keywords (think gambling, real estate, travel, prescriptions...), but it's been great for what I'm doing.

Overall, if you're using it as advertising for a direct-sales type of product, you'll probably be disappointed. If you're using it to build traffic, you'll probably be moderately pleased. If you're using it for SEO purposes, you'll be thrilled. Just look at the one month text ad costs on some text link broker services and you'll see what I mean.

Even if you spend $60 and get just 2-3 one month stays on the front pages of PR 5 blogs (my experience has been in that range) and a couple of 3s and 4s, it's cheaper than a lot of the other places that sell links.

gilbertcross, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  7. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These new services need more then adword to get famous .
    I think that they don't worth the try, It will be better for me if I make my own blog and place Adbrite and adsense out there .

wissam, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  8. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know if PayPerPost pays more for higher PR? I don't think that's the case, since then they would have to offer different opportunities (unless they make it so that the higher PR gets a certain amount of extra money?

sixty6, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  9. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can specify any requirements that you like in the opportunity description, so you could offer say $8 per post but specify that the blog home page must be at least PR 5.

Dan, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  10. Keith Taylor

Keith Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know they're looking into that for the future. I'm sure I saw something on their blog a few weeks back.

The problem with these big links selling resources, of course, is that the middleman takes such a large cut that it often makes it worthless for both seller and buyer. Most of the 'opportunities' on PayPerPost at the moment pay around $5 - and the post has to stay up for a month before the blogger sees any of that cash. I wonder how much the buyer paid for that post.

Are there any people here who are currently buying links on PPP? Lemme know how much you're paying per post so we can get an idea of PPP's cut.

I maintain that the best place to buy links is right here on DP. You can deal direct with the blogger and, if you're not happy with the resulting post, you can go back and ask for changes. Every penny you pay goes to the blogger, and as a result you get a better product and a much better deal.

Buyers aren't wanting for sellers, either. Hell, as of today I've got 6 blogs selling link space - 1 PR4, 4 PR5s and a PR7. There are dozens of bloggers here with similar sites on offer.

Keith Taylor, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  11. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buyers pay PPP an additional 25% of the offer price on top, so it's pretty reasonable really!

Dan, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  12. Keith Taylor

Best Answers:
    That's not too bad, but if the buyer doesn't specify a minimum PR for the blog (and I haven't seen a buyer thus far who has) a hell of a lot of their posts will end up on on low-traffic, 0 or 1PR blogs.

It's an unfortunate fact that the bloggers who have built up a solid readership (and, along with that, backlinks and a good PR) will tend to be those who don't want to whore their blogs to the highest bidder. The guys with the brand new, poorly written and just plain useless blogs tend to be the ones who are in it for the money.

I know people with abandoned PR7 blogs that still pull in great traffic who are content to leave the blogs as they are, despite the possibilities for monetizing them. I've also seen 1 day old blogs whose first post is an Amazon affiliate link. That's why I think it best to pick your blogs personally. If I was a buyer I'd want to see where my money was going before I signed the checks. Still, I suppose it takes a lot of the hassle out of it.

13. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Except AdSense, that is.

I wonder what the AdSense pollution percentage is on blogs? It seems there are very few blogs that do NOT have AdSense on them (well, minus those that have been booted from the program).

Phynder, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  14. Keith Taylor

Best Answers:
    As far as I know, much of the Adsense that's displayed on blogs is placed there by the host (Blogger, f'rinstance) in return for the free webspace. The affiliate program of choice for those bloggers who want to make a few dollars has traditionally been Amazon, while the bigger blogs like Blogads. Neither pay particularly well, but bloggers haven't yet realised the full potential of their sites, income wise.

The fact is, most blogs don't get enough traffic to make Adsense worthwhile. Getting 100 visitors a day makes a blog reasonably successful, but it would only bring in a couple of cents Adsense earnings (unless the blog is niche oriented and the ads served are very good). Even very successful bloggers who attract thousands of visitors daily wouldn't make anything like as much as they could make by simply selling a few text links in their blogroll.

15. bookworm-seo

bookworm-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't know if this is of interest, but a while ago I bought hirebloggers.com. It's had a few hits according to my namedrive stats, but I don't have plans to develop just yet. If anyone wants to buy the domain and create some competition for blogvertise, pay-per-post etc, PM me, or write bookworm.seo at gmail.

bookworm-seo, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  16. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you have more then one blog can you enter them all on Pay Per Post right now i can not do it. I Enter one and i am waiting for them to approve :confused:

TheSyndicate, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  17. txmarketer

txmarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience watch out for spam blogs. The sites are semi verfied by payperpost. Always remember you get for what you pay for.

txmarketer, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  18. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    If these services let spam blogs into the network it will die pretty quickly.

mad4, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  19. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    payperpost are just getting more and more bad press in the blogsphere

hextraordinary, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  20. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Other than seeing anger because Advertisers are paying for posts...duh!?, what other badpress are they receiving?

cldnails, Oct 9, 2006 IP