1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone use Shoutserv hosting?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by techlady, Aug 16, 2007.

hey guys,

well I am already a user with shoutserv, my experience has been great, as a noob the guys really help me out alot and i havent had much downtime. i know they had a problem sometime ago, but i see that's sorted out.

anyway, I have a few friends that wants to go on their service, but want some more opinions.

let me know your experience so far.

I appreciate it!

techlady, Aug 16, 2007 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  2. coldgansta

coldgansta Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I was with shoutserv about 2 months ago i was with them for about 4 weeks.
    I had a bad experiance with them so i left.
    While i was with them for 1 month my site was online for a total of 5 days max out of that month.

To be fare to shoutserve the merged with the company i was with and they had some isues with the servers.

They moved me to a new server and was beter but uptime still suked.
    i here they have got the isues resolved now and i hope thats true.but after 1 month of a total crap service it was time to move on.

When i left them i canceled my subscription sent them a email,that was over 1 month ago and i can still login to the account as they havent closed it.

Hope you have beter luck with them than i did.

If you or your freinds need hosting and shoutserve let you down like they did me,Give me a shout i will set you up as i now sell hosting with %99,98 uptime on fast servers.

coldgansta, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  3. Chris Blood

Chris Blood Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Shoutserv are scammers and liars i advise everyone to stay away from them. If you need real hosting thats up 99% and super fast try...

unlimitedhoster.com

Chris Blood, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  4. Freddy

Freddy Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have a friend on Digitalpoint, But he have come to be several times complaining about his website being down!

Therefor he moved host, i advice you and your friends to get away from Shoutserv.com as soon as just poosible.

Freddy,

Freddy, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  5. lightstarm2k

lightstarm2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    I've never kept shoutserv on my mind. I had my sites there and i decided to move to another host. I could not let my sites down everyday like that. Many other good hosting company.

lightstarm2k, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  6. submitter999

submitter999 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    same here. i purchased 1 yr proxy reseller hosting, not even a very little time i was up.. i had many name server issues and for asking a return.they deleted all my tickets and now my login also not working.

stay away from these scammers . -5 / 5 .

their service has became worse after move from numberonehost -> shoutserv.

submitter999, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  7. coldgansta

coldgansta Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ye there data base was down so my site had no data base for 2 weeks.
    Suport said they would move me to another server again.
    Still waiting for that lol.as it never happend.

My list of the worst hosting companys
    shoutserve
    homeworkershosting

keep well away
    Pay that extra $$$$$ for good hosting
    When you pay $2 for a reseller account you get what you pay for

coldgansta, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  8. Chris Blood

Chris Blood Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thats not always true as UnlimitedHoster.com offers Shared Hosting for $2/mo and their service is great and has 99% uptime. I would recommend UnlimitedHoster.com for anyone needing shared,reseller, or master reseller hosting!

9. coldgansta

coldgansta Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yes somtimes there are good hosts that offer cheap plans.
    But they need the good reviews and i hope They have some.

There cheap plans are spoilt by the scammers that just want your cash on over selling servers that run slow.
    So some peeps avoid cheap plans
    As i do
    I curently pay $9.00 for my reseller plan and ive yet to find 1 folt with the service.

coldgansta, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  10. sentest

sentest Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Shoutserv are great now theyve got rid of any illegal websites and any proxy's their server load is averaging aroun 1 if you ask them they give you an account to look around the server their uptime is good on server one its been up for 14 days now no downtime and on server 2 its now been up for a total of 38 days with no issues as i said if you have any problems ash gives his msn to his customers so he can personaly help them and make theyre stay with shoutserv pleasent as can be.i think this company's done well from what it used to be i hear now theyve got a cabinet in the uk and are selling servers i wonder how cheap they are i mite actually go buy one. i got quoted for a 8 core server from them just now its going to cost $350 a month with cpanel now you cannot beat that the server i got quoted was the following specs:
    2 x intel Xeon quad core 1.86ghz
    2gb ram
    2 x 500 gb hdds
    cpanel
    managed
    unmetered transfer
    100mbps port
    and they even threw in a copy of their billing system they created i think it was called i bill im certainly going to buy.
    the only thing is i had to sign upto a 12 month contract but they did say if their was any downtime caused by them then i would get a months free server rental how cool is that you cannot beat that for service.

sentest, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  11. lightstarm2k

lightstarm2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    There is only one peon with 3 posts like you who like shoutserv.
    For me, no more!!
    I had very very bad experiences there.
    Now i host with a company with good uptime with live chat support 24/7 and help me all of my issues.
    No more shoutserv from me even how good it is.

lightstarm2k, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  12. Chris Blood

Chris Blood Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    only 1.86ghz, that sucks.

13. InFloW

InFloW Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "Unlimited Hoster was founded in late December 2006 by Chris C. The company then went strong providing quality Shared Hosting. But in April 2007 Unlimited Hoster was forced to close. After the end of Unlimited Hoster Chris C slowly began collecting enough money to reopen Unlimited Hoster. Finally in early August 2007 Chris C reopened Unlimited Hoster. But this time it would be even better and not only offer Shared hosting but offer reseller hosting and the awesome Master Reseller hosting!"

So basically you closed then came back when you personally collected enough money and have just been running again since August. I don't know how to can say yeah we're reliable with an about page like that.

InFloW, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  14. Chris Blood

Chris Blood Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thats because we were doing bad and had about only 8 clients. Now we have about 31 (not accounting out resellers sub accounts), plus we have the Master reseller which we didn't have back then.And we're about to start selling Dedicated Servers soon. On top of that we've only had one outage since reopening (99% uptime like we say on our site). In addition we're about to have our server costs funded by a private person. Now you can't say thats unreliable!

Chris Blood, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  15. blackjack

blackjack Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Shoutserv is the worst Hosting i have ever used!! i bought a reseller account from them just a few weeks back and the guy who was the seller to me was Bilal Ghouri .. a DP member (Now banned). I was looking for proxy hosting and found a thread on DP ...

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=410244

I was interested and I talked to Bilal Ghouri through PM and MSN.. he said proxy is available and he showed me the following sites as example..

http://prxy4.us/
    http://pretty-inside.org/
    http://bestmyspaceproxy.info/

As you can see these sites are not working or something wrong.. but they were working that time.. I didnt check them well and this is the only mistake i have done.. I trusted him and paid for 6 months in advance for the hosting...

Now what happened next?? first 1 week they were ok.. good uptime, good server speed.. and then?? one day i saw my proxy sites blocked and the account suspended!! when i open a ticket to resolve the problem, the answer was i have overloaded the CPU!! To speak the truth i have a few new proxy sites that doesnt get more than 1k visitors a day... so only for this small amount of traffic their server got overloaded!!! then how can they offer proxy hosting??? I have been using another proxy network on another host for about 6 months without any objection or overloading... and finally the main point.. they also said.. "We do not accept proxy sites" Now what is the result?? should i say Bilal Ghouri scammed me or Shoutserv??

And after that I asked them to close down my account and refund me for the rest 5 months.. but they said it against their policy/tos and they are going to hold my account suspended for 6 months and then delete it!!! they also said.. as i have overloaded their cpu and that cause damaging some of their clients accounts.. and for this reason they can sue me..

Actually i am a newbie in web sites and hosting.. so i dont know much about these.. so i couldnt do anything... Now from this situation the decision is yours if you still want to go for them or not...

I have used other hosting company and made several mistakes.. but every time they helped me.. they solved my problems and answered all my stupid questions... thats how they suppose to be...

Its not about money.. its about service, quality and reputation... My opinion is "stay away from this type of hosting... Dont go for cheap ones, rather go for quality. 1 hour of downtime can cause your web business a 100% loss... the situation i am facing right now..."

blackjack, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  16. Chris Blood

Chris Blood Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just to let you know if you want to run a proxy its best to get your own dedicated server or VPS.

Chris Blood, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  17. ultimatehost

ultimatehost Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why shoutserv.com IS A SCAM And the worst hosting?

Why most of shoutserv.com owners got banned of digitalpoint forums?

Why shoutserv.com don't give refund and sue their customers?

Do shoutserv.com own a server or run on shared ip?

Does anyone know shoutserv.com personally?

ultimatehost, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  18. ProjectHost

ProjectHost Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've heard of them, But there pretty unrealiable, "Unlimited" Makes me squeel.

ProjectHost, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  19. elbltgy

elbltgy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    stay away from shoutserv

they told me that they allow proxy then after i bought a master reseller account

1 of them told me to close my proxy site [ personal use only ] or he will terminate my account

after that they suspended 3 of my legal sites with no reason then i opened a ticket support so they unsuspended my sites

so i dont recommend thier services any more

Shoutserv = wasting money

elbltgy, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  20. gahoo

gahoo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER USED!!!!

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=447984

Ruined everything i had.. Saying they had no problem with proxies.. After i got some clients they suspended my account.. I talked to the 16 year old girl that owns the company and got my account back.. Then after no use of there server for a week they are trying to get the cops after me.

They are scum to webhosting and the owners should be shot.

gahoo, Aug 24, 2007 IP