1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone try those Template packages?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by TommyD, May 26, 2005.

Hello Everyone,

Was looking for information about templates cd's you see on ebay, and even sold by a few members here. I've seen a few that contained templates that I was interested in, but shy'd away. Since the cd-roms were so cheap for like 100's of templates, I was trying to figure was I getting what I paid for. Some files, no license, or a license requiring too many strings attached.

Are this cheap templates usable? Are their CD sellers that can be recommended?

Thank you,

tom

TommyD, May 26, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Sve your money, those things are just garbage. I bought a cd and ended up with hundreds of templates in hundreds of zip files, without any preview image, so it is impossible to know what template it is unless you unzip it.

fryman, May 26, 2005 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I bought one of them on ebay. I'm making a template site, so I thought it'd be a good start. Lots of them suck really bad. Since there are no preview images, they are difficult to work with. Lots of duplicate ones in there as well, so in the end, you get about 1/2 of what's promised and about 60% of what you do get, really sucks.

lorien1973, May 26, 2005 IP
  4. soapbath

soapbath Peon

Best Answers:
    Gimmie a day or so and I will upload a pack for free download.

soapbath, May 26, 2005 IP
  5. Talkfreelance

Talkfreelance Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, definitly don't waste your money. Most of the templates your get will be low quality and a thousand other people will have them, most you can download for free online!

Talkfreelance, May 30, 2005 IP
  6. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Soapy,

Did you get round to doing that?

I just did a search for templates in DP because I am interested to buy one of those cd packages too but didn´t know which to go for. Seems TommyD and I are looking for the same thing. Did you find anything Tommy?

e10, May 31, 2005 IP
  7. soapbath

soapbath Peon

Best Answers:
    E10, Well its kinda hard to do as its 900MB.. Mmmm. I will upload now, gimmie a 30 mins.

soapbath, May 31, 2005 IP