1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone recognizes this song?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by JEET, Jul 17, 2015.

Hi,
    I'm trying to find a very old song, but I only remember the music, nothing else.
    I found a video online with a similar music in Hindi language, but I need the english version of this song (same music)

If I remember correctly, the english one was sung by a lady. I can't remember the name of the singer of the english song. It was not exactly english either, some other language.

If you can remember the song (english or whatever language it was), please post the name of singer or album name etc so I can find a downloadable mp3 somewhere.

JEET, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The song is called "Lambada", like in the movie "Lambada, the forbidden dance"... which is in many ways a more trashy pop take on the tango.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambada

A more accurate proper translation would be "Bitch Slap", or "Femdom cuckolding" in more extreme cases.

Original versions are in Spanish, this is the most commonly known of those was done by a group called "Kaoma":

Most popular (and professionally done) English language recording of it was by Kid Creole and the Coconuts for the movie -- Which my google-fu is failing me on, (blocked in my region) but here's the clip from that dreadful movie:

It's on their album "Private Waters in the Great Divide" if you can find a copy...

Amongst my bizarre mix of music tastes running from Aerosmith to Zepplin, I'm also a big Kid Creole fan so I knew the tune right away... Though I'm more a fan of "Funky Audrey and the Coconut Rag" and "Pardon my Appearance"... or even better "Laughing with our backs against the wall"

Really good for a laugh, for some jacked up reason the local ice cream truck has a version of the song in typical ice-cream truck bells muzak... Now I'm NOT saying the song isn't exactly child appropriate...

Originally Dini/Timm wanted to use it for the WB "Mystery of the Batwoman", but couldn't get the rights much less the suits to write off on it, so they did an in-house sound alike "Betcha-never"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76BF2pOzcC8

Which ended up on Cherie's 2004 album a year later:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEfb6i0DkAI

... and PM inbound, wink wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    deathshadow, Jul 19, 2015 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much! :) :D
    I had no idea that this song was so popular. A quick search says that this song sold over 5 million copies in those times. Wow!

JEET, Aug 9, 2015 IP