1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone plan on buying the Stompernet SEO package

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by herbalclicks, Oct 3, 2006.

I have been following thier videos and emails over the last few weeks, they are launching today. I am cosidering buying their program. Did anyone buy thier last CD course? I think it was jsut call "Stomping the Search Engines"

The videos and testimonials at convertlinks.com were pretty convincing.

Anyone who has experience with them let me know!! They seem to have Google wired.

herbalclicks, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  2. Keone

Keone Peon

Best Answers:
    *yawn*....

Keone, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  3. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just.....$26 a day or $700 a month!

Well I donno bout you but to me that is a lot of money. I am sure their advice is problily worth a good amount but comming up with this is to much for me.

Edynas, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  4. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    With $700 in my pockets I would buy 3 PR8 links and sit back and relax.

Bombaywala, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  5. IndieRetailer

IndieRetailer Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been following their hype as well. I'm also on the Rich Jerk's list. Rich Jerk has been "bad mouthing" Brad and Andy for several weeks and Brad and Andy even posted a "rebuttal" on their blog with some older woman really "letting him have it...". RJ was supposedly really pi$$ed off that Brad and Andy "stole" his ideas for HIS upcoming ebook program and he was going to go to destroy Brad and Andy if they didn't succomb to his demands. He really made it out to be a vigorous and malicious hatred thing and tried to convince us all that Brad and Andy stole all of his ideas and were 'good for nothings' and other such bad names....

RJ sent several emails talking about the wrath that B & A were going to suffer if they continued on with RJ's ideas and program. All the while, RJ also attached affiliate links to their videos, and subsequently their program order site. I thought it very suspicious at the time that someone so angry at feeling "wronged" would send links and send traffic to the very source. Suspicious until yesterday when RJ announced that Brad and Andy quivered and succombed to his Godliness and decided to cut him into the profits (thus all the affiliate links).

So at first, I thought RJ was just being a jackass and Brad and Andy sounded like they had some kind of integrity and this program may have some promise if it's priced reasonably. Even if it's in the upper end of reason, there is probably some very helpful and useful information to be had. Not having any knowledge or experience with Brad and Andy, I was ready to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Here's where they lost credibility with me. One, the whole RJ rivalry was a big farce. Initially, it appeared one sided, as RJ was clearly the aggressor. Then Brad and Andy posted their "rebuttal" video and scoffed at RJ. This deception alone left me with a bad taste. Then, there was the concern about how much this program was going to cost. Although Brad and Andy were (too) elusive to that end, they assured everyone through their blog and emails that price should not be a concern for anyone. Of those concerned were mostly smaller business folks just trying to get ahead, eager to learn, and very likely willing to spend a few bucks; even if it meant stretching their budget somewhat beyond comfort. Brad and Andy again assured the little people not to worry about price, saying "Here's the deal - to join StomperNet tomorrow, you're NOT going to need $25,000.

You're NOT going to need $10,000

You're NOT going to need $5,000.

Heck, you won't even have to pay $1,000.00 tomorrow so PLEASE STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE PRICE!"

Of course, the keyword here is "tomorrow". No, you won't need $1000 "tomorrow", but you WILL need $797! And then, you'll need another $797 next month, and the month after.... until you've paid $9564.00 for the year long program. And if that's not enough, it comes with a tactful guilt trip about how they're only accepting the people who are truly dedicated to becoming successful online, and unless you invest in your future blah blah blah...

OR, you can invest in the year long plan with one easy payment of $8498.00 and SAVE 10%! Whoohoo!

In fairness, there is a money back guarantee. I would imagine that they have enough sense to honor this guarantee; for one, not to have any legal issues to worry about, for two, they will certainly be making enough money off this program that losing one or two by refunds will be no sweat.

They will make money and lots of it. Not only did they have Rich Jerk pumping hype for them, but also Jeremy Burns, Armand Morin, and probably several other of the well known gurus. Now imagine, Rich Jerk, Jeremy, Armand, Brad and Andy, and who knows how many others send this week long series of hype about this program to each of their subscribers lists. You're talking about tens of thousands, or likely more. This is not to mention all the folks who just surf around, get messages forwarded, see posts in forums and find this series of hype on the Stomper blog. Now, of course like any other campaign, not everyone's going to bite. Especially a $8498.00 bite. However, if they only get 1000 (their target number I believe), they've just pulled in nearly $ 8.5 million!!!! Not bad for a week's worth of hype, some videos, booklets, and even if they have to maintain a forum community and lend some distant support for one year. And even if they have to cut RJ, Jeremy, and a few others an affiliate commission.

Again, I haven't seen the program (because I'm not in a position to toss around $8500 bucks). Even if I was, I'm a real stickler for integrity and I don't believe any of these folks have any judging by their tactics. So essentially, the bottom line here is; there is likely some valuable information in this program. However, "valuable" is a very relative term and as it relates to us, I firmly believe that $8500 can be wiser spent on other legit techniques and time.

By the way, also be mindful of some of their testimonials regarding the search terms that their students are able to achieve high rankings for:
    "money clips" - Hmmm... Is there really big money in selling 'money clips' online?
    "chatroom monitoring software" - Uhmm... what?
    "exclusive resort wedding" - Sure, very niche, but how much revenue can you expect if you're a resort in Colorado using this search term? Wouldn't a more likely search term be, "Colorado wedding" or "Colorado wedding location"? or anything with 'Colorado' in it. I mean that's your target demographic isn't it? By the way, this site is nowhere to be found for these phrases.
    "cheesecake delivery" Okay, how often to you call the cheesecake delivery shop for your Sunday football party?
    "crib teething rail" - Okay, I have three children and have never heard of such a thing, let alone search for one online. C'mon....

Again, to be fair, there were some very good terms that ranked very well. But somehow, I get the sense that they could do well without buying into an $8500 program. And here's the big problem with this demonstration; they could have just listed the 'good' terms, the ones that really made sense, and that would have done wonders for their credibility. I think they blew it here. To give you a further example of this, type in "big kitchen" into Google and look at the top listing. You'll find that it's for a popular restaurant in San Diego called "Big Kitchen Cafe" and the URL is BigKitchenCafe.com and it's listed number 1 out of 74.9 million sites listed. This is a site that I built for this restaurant and used basic techniques, nothing really advanced and I certainly didn't spend $8500 to learn, nor am I a guru.

I'm all for encouraging people to make their own decisions, but I feel better when I can do something to help them make an "informed decision". I hope this has helped. Good Luck to All!

IndieRetailer, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  6. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    More hype than substance, but fair play to them in a marketing hype job well done.

Old Welsh Guy, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  7. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I got on the stomper business:
    If you are a newbie to internet business, SAVE YOUR MONEY!
    If you know seo and what you are doing, SAVE YOUR MONEY!
    If you have one or more sites making you money now, good money, SAVE YOUR MONEY!
    If you have money to burn and want to move up hopefully, BUY!
    If you are a guru with one HUGE mailing list, BUY!

Yes, the rj, brad, etc connection is there...they are all in bed together in this one.

It always has been, and still is now, and will be for a good long time, easy to get number one rating on a search term if you pick a search term rarely used, never used, etc.
    Try it out...build a site around a keyword phrase like "jumping on a gold trampoline".
    See what happens.

iowadawg, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  8. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The whole 'guru' scene and the hype that goes with it is one of the things that really piss me off about the online marketing scene.
    If you want to meet a true 'guru' then go to caht with Aaron Wall at SEO Book or something like that, of course he doesn't need to hype himself up in the crazy way these clowns do.

MattUK, Oct 4, 2006 IP
    eXe likes this.
  9. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think with the little amount of money I have
    I cannot afford to buying it

Freewebspace, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  10. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    $800 a month? Wooo wheee boy! I think I'll pay my mortgage instead ;)

Lexiseek, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  11. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You mean you still have a mortgage ;) WORK HARDER LOL

Old Welsh Guy, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  12. fireworks-styles

fireworks-styles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hiyya,

I also have read there marketing emails over the last week and watched the videos.

I can imagine that those two would very well on one of them satellite channels that sells country and western cd's...or a food slicer that you will not ever need....lol.

I think after you've read the courses and watched the videos (well worth it for entertainment value!)...the same stuff gets re-spewed all the time...

1. keyword research
    2. good quailty back links.
    3. relevant anchor text in the back links.
    4. good content.

But then most of us knew that anyway.

Regards, Debra.

fireworks-styles, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  13. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    I've been receiving some emails from them...can't say I really follow though. But I do feel it's a lot more hype than substance. Don't hold my word for it though. I , for one, am not going to jump on the wagon. But if there's anyone out there who signed up and am really convinced that they have something that really works, pray tell.

projectw3, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  14. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds about right. People on forums such as DP have forgotten more about online marketing than snake oil salesmen like that will ever know.

MattUK, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  15. whiteshark

whiteshark Peon

Best Answers:
    Someone give me an example of WHAT these guys are going to give you that you can't already do on your own? Are they going to link you together with relevant sites, and then just give you basic seo advice that everyone already knows?

I watched a couple of their videos and it seems pretty basic. Linkbuilding, anchor text, good link partners ... what's new here??

whiteshark, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  16. theinfonet.org

theinfonet.org Peon

Best Answers:
    google says that you dont need to buy packages... as long as you have links going to your site and not to much cluster you should be find. i would even spend money on submitting it.

theinfonet.org, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  17. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    What I have picked up as the main advantage is that they say they have about 12,000 ppl in their networdk and all of them have websites. Those sites are indexed by them and c-blocks themes are known so if you join them you have the "unfair advantage" to have instant (I guess they have an interval for it as instant wouldn't be good) themed linkpartners. I think that is the main part that can take a website from page 80 of google to a top position...but you are right it's all known stuff. Good linkpartners keywords in the links etc etc
    ...it's an advantage but is it worth the $800 a month....not to me

Edynas, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  18. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not so sure it is. I'd be incredibly wary about that. 12,000 sites all interlinked could well get flagged as a link network.

MattUK, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  19. wizardofx

wizardofx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I said before. If you had two dynamic guys that knew how
    to crank out $10M a year web based companies working for you
    would you have them create a guru network or would you have them
    cranking out $10M a year web sites?

Well, they have those two gurus and their approach is to "teach
    instead of do."

All they would have to do is start the business, hire a manager
    teach him what to do and then create another one. In no