1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone notices great ranking in MSN?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by linkgangster, Jan 22, 2005.

1. M2D

M2D Peon

Best Answers:
    I was indexed in two days and am pulling off top tens almost accross the board for jewelry. My competition is sometimes over 100,000,000! :eek:

M2D, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  2. brainmass

brainmass Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems like the new MSN is putting high value on the actual page content and not stupid back links like google.

Go Microsoft!

Now, get going on the advertising so people start using it.

msnbot sure is busy, hit stats over the last 5 days:

msnbot 4,224
    Googlebot 180

Die google, die :)

brainmass, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  3. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am quite excited about MSN as well and I do believe that Google would probably lose a bit of the market share. But, I can't see them losing their top-spot at least in the near future.

P.S: I am now ranked #1 for "new zealand photography" on MSN for my 17 day old site! :D

dfsweb, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  4. tom22

tom22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am getting great ranks too! #2 in MSN for my newer site that's page 2 in Google. Everything else is #1. :D

Wow, I just did some more searching, and one of my sites is ranking #6 for a term that pulls up 2.6 million results, and I wasn't even targeting it. (The term that I am targeting only gets 60,000 results.) Insane. Microsoft is really in my good books right now. :)

tom22, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  5. craige

craige Peon

Best Answers:
    I am positioned at #5 for my main keyword at MSN with only a few anchor backlinks.
    My site has very little SEO, I only use my main keyword once in the title tag and once in the body text.

I bet if I optimize my site a bit more I could probably get up to #1.

craige, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  6. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    for my site on google with PR2 i am not even listed in the top 200 Results 191 - 200 of about 6,570,000 for sexual health advice. so google hates me. ha ha

same search on msn = 51-59 of 9,288,093 containing sexual health advice. my site is listed on page 6 at the top. msn loves me ha ha

same searcg on yahoo = Results 191 - 200 of about 2,550,000 for sexual health advice. not even in the top 200 on that, yahoo hate me to.

they are the results for my main page. once i start looking for other stuff on them, (i have about 150 pages on my site) then things change somewhat. most pages are in the top 5 pages of results, and a few come back as #1 or page one. my site has never come anywhere on google i get most hits from msn, then yahoo, then google.

samantha pia, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  7. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yippie Skippy. So you get great rankings on msn. I do as well. But msn is such a small percentage of the overall search traffic that comes to our site that, yea it's nice, but certainly nothing to get all shook up for. If the serps can be so easily manipulated by IBL's and H tags, the index is doomed to become a spamdex as the se spammers gear up for their barrage of msn.

mopacfan, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  8. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are so right, if MSN starts to grow the spamkings will hit big time! I hope they make changes in their algo to make it a little harder to spam. But as far as traffic goes, MSN might become a big player, IF, they can keep the results from being completely spam filled.

I just found that a site linking to us golfclubgifts (dot) net is some sort of redirect to golf gods . com They have no cache for googlebot and the linking I have seen before but never to our site. I am trying to determine if this would cause any problems like a 302 would. They are not copying content but they are copying link anchor text linking to our site??? just looks strange. You would have to look at the cache on MSN to see.

debunked, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  9. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    time for sammie to go back to sleep, coz she dont understand any of the talk talk, or google, they just hate me, but i dont care, msn loves me for now, at least its something. :D

10. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    erm i dont wanna seem stupid or anything, (aint to hard huh?) but down in the very bottom right hand corner there is an orange thingy with RSS on it, what happens if i click it? whats it for guys? spill the beans please.

11. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    RSS is an xml site feed that you can use with an RSS reader to keep up with the ever updating content from a website. Do a search for RSS in google for this site and you'll find a wealth of knowlege on setting one up and using the feeds. :)

mopacfan, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  12. roadies

roadies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Firefox is great. Click the orange icon and subscribe. it will put all the latest posts in your bookmarks for easy browsing. It will periodically check the digital point RSS feed for new posts and automatically update your bookmarks for you.

roadies, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  13. rex_b

rex_b Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN has been very good to me in the rankings. I just hope they start pushing their service more. So far they only account for 9% of my traffic.

rex_b, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  14. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think they will begin to shove their weight around a little more in the very near future. And I really hope I am still enjoying the high rankings when that happens.

SportsOutlaw, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  15. Oppenheimer Group

Oppenheimer Group Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone see the TV add - I'm sure their serious about capturing market share.

Oppenheimer Group, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  16. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it does seem that they are pretty keen on gaining some (or most) of that SE market. We'll have to wait and see how successful they will be in their endeavours though.

I am surprised that they haven't created a MSN bar and intergrated it into IE, so that all searched go through MSN by default. Or have they??

dfsweb, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  17. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If MSN gets more popular, I will be rich :) I'm #1 with all of my competitive keywords. Couple of my sites receive #1 traffic from MSN which is a good sign.

onestop, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  18. THonscha

THonscha Guest

Best Answers:
    MSN will be getting popular - new pages show up much faster in MSN than in google :)

THonscha, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  19. Ichibanda

Ichibanda Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all-

I have a question for everyone here. I want to see what you think. I am ranking number #1 in MSN now also for the keyword photography website template. This has provided some traffic for me which is great and I have no complaints with msn at all.

However MSN is using that keyword and linking to my main page. http://www.crowntemplates.com. The weird thing is there are no meta tags or keywords with "photogpraphy website template" on that page just a link to another page on my site that I have optimized for the key words. Why does MSN use my .index hope page and not the optimized phtography-website-templates.html page? Any ideas? Do I need to submit more of my pages? It seems like MSN has been spidering my site regularly and is picking up all kind of changes and new pages added really rapidly. However they all direct to my index page. Is that common?

Thanks
    Ichibanda

Ichibanda, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  20. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    ok update, ^^^^up there or a page back i said my site was on page 6 on msn for "sexual health advice" 60+ out of 9.2 million, not bad i was very happy with msn for that. i looked again today, and guess what? i moved, i aint on page 6 anymore eek :(
    look here and see where i am. #1 out of 9.2 million wow no shit huh? i beat the UK NHS US planned parenthood for sexual health advice...... oh boy i am happy i am so happy i wanna kiss bill gates' butt, hmmmm no i dont, i dont even know how i did it? gezzz i gotta learn this stuff, i am so soooo happy yeah go me lol :D

samantha pia, Feb 10, 2005 IP