1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone Living Off Adsense?

Discussion in 'Payments' started by JamieH, Mar 13, 2007.

1. NewBoy

NewBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    For a very average, well optimized content site (not a forum) to make $6000 with AdSense a month you will need 6000 unique visitors per day.

6000 of targeted unique visitors a day is not that much traffic when it comes to sizable niche with a lot of searches. It sure takes effort to come up with all the bells and whistles to collect that traffic from major search engines, but it is well worth it.

NewBoy, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  2. davert

davert Banned

Best Answers:
    I get 600,000 visitors a day - but apparently it doesn't scale perfectly! To be fair I do live off AdSense in a metro area. But it took me 15 years to build the site up.

davert, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  3. Canadianbacon

Canadianbacon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I would live like a king...

how does it work with things like electronics? are they more expensive there?

Canadianbacon, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  4. pauldp

pauldp Active Member

Best Answers:
    so many people living off adsense ,they got enghou money

pauldp, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  5. LegendaryPosting

LegendaryPosting Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it matters how much time you want to actually put into this and if your into certain niches. I would rather have one crazy website than 100 sites that are crapy

LegendaryPosting, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  6. Vadym

Vadym Peon

Best Answers:
    I love how these threads are made every day.

AdSense by itself is not profitable for the majority of people. Most who make a living online do freelancing.

Vadym, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  7. NewBoy

NewBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Majority is the keyword here. Although be assured there are a lot people who have no other income aside from AdSense. :)

And are happy with that I might add.

NewBoy, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  8. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. There are guys bringing in thousands per month in Adsense, but they are the minority rather than the majority. I personally find freelancing to make a lot more within a short period of time.

To make a substantial amount with Adsense, you either have to spend many months or years working on it, or, you simply cheat. Anyone who thinks most of the people earning $5,000 a month in Adsense are honest is naive. More often than not, they are involved with click fraud, and it is only matter of time before they are caught.

tesla, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  9. ethanwa

ethanwa Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a $3000 mortgage and my Adsense earnings pay for at least half of that per month. I earn nearly $100k at my day job so the extra $25k I make from Adsense is not nearly enough for me to quit. I wouldn't quit my day job unless I made $20k/month off of Adsense.

BUT my wife is a stay-at-home Mom because of Adsense :) So maybe that counts?

ethanwa, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  10. NewBoy

NewBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    This is soooo untrue. You can not make any real money with click fraud. But you can make a heck of a sum every month if you are honest and have a quality site (content leads to backlinks, backlinks lead to more pages in the index and better positioning, that in turn leads to larger daily traffic, traffic = money).

NewBoy, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  11. Vadym

Vadym Peon

Best Answers:
    That really goes to how planned out and extensive click fraud is. "Click Clubs" were intensively thought out, with people making easy-life money who belonged to the biggest ones.

Vadym, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  12. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    NewBoy, I think you underestimate the power of click fraud. From the very first day that pay per click programs were available, people tried to figure out how to cheat them. While these methods were simple at first, and companies like Google have now exposed them, every day new techniques will be invented.

Click fraud is very similar to Black Hat SEO techniques. They continue to evolve with the time. I personally find it hard to believe that all these webmaster pulling in $5000 grand per month did it honestly and played by the rules........especially if they haven't been in the business for at least three or four years.

tesla, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  13. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I live from the internet and when i say i live from the internet
    Means mainly freelancing
    Adsense links got me few hundred bucks untill now

But i'm living from the internet never had a real job and i whant to never had one

w3bmaster, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  14. Vadym

Vadym Peon

Best Answers:
    God, this is what Im looking for. Everyone time I hear the words "9 - 5", I cry inside. I will never be able to hold a job like that.

Vadym, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  15. ethanwa

ethanwa Peon

Best Answers:
    My highest month was over $12,000 from AdSense. It was only 4 months after I started. I got some big articles about my sites posted around the internet and ever since I have been making $1000's (many months at that $5k mark). Although click-fraud is out there, you can't automatically throw everyone who makes over $5k into that bucket. I've been with Adsense for 2 years now and I haven't been committing fraud.

E

ethanwa, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  16. NewBoy

NewBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Same thoughts here. I understand it is very tempting to call everybody making $5000 a month a cheater, but the truth is that only an honest site can be making a solid income. Cheaters just don't last long however sophisticated they are. I am with you, ethanwa.

NewBoy, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  17. adigital

adigital Peon

Best Answers:
    adigital, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  18. Dempsey

Dempsey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I earn 2/3 of my full time wage from Adsense, so if I can increase it by a 1/3 in theory I could quit my full time job and spend even more time working on my websites.

Dempsey, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  19. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Notice that the big earners don't usually post in threads like these. There are plenty of people on this forum who make a few thousand on Adsense every month and they are not cheaters.

Most just don't care to post in these kind of threads or to show off their earnings. They see a thread like this, grin and move on :)

You find it hard to believe at first but when you reach your first $1k you realize that it's really not that difficult.

All it takes is work, patience and some money always helps to get things moving.

Also, if you're making thousands off Adsense you've probably spread yourself out a bit into affiliate marketing/cpa, etc so all your eggs aren't in one basket and you can certainly live off this.

m0rtal, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  20. tyros8000

tyros8000 Peon

Best Answers:
    i get around $500/month which in the UK isn't much so can't live off it.

tyros8000, Mar 25, 2007 IP