1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

anyone know linux? urgent help needed.

Discussion in 'Services' started by hippo_dance, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Copy the completed adduser script from the chp6/lab/solutions directory, and then modify the script to do the following.
    a. Take exactly one command-line argument, which is assumed to be the new user’s name. Output a USAGE message and, exit the script immediately when the script is executed with more or less than one command-line argument.
    b. Either assign the value of $1 to the name variable or change the grep command to search for $1.
    c. If the user name already exists in the mypasswd file, print a message, print the actual mypasswd entry for the user, and then exit the script.
    d. In the previous lab, you used sed to create a file of UID numbers. Numerically sort the contents of this file, and store the output into currentuid4 file.
    e. The last line in currentuid4 has the maximum UID number currently in use. Increment that number by 1 for the new user.
    f. Print the new user name and UID.

anyone could help me with this using Red Hat korn shall.

hippo_dance, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  2. cPAce

cPAce Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Your gonna need a developer for this with Linux experience. I can take a shot at it. I am a qualified Level II Linux Server Administrator, doesnt sound overly complicated.

cPAce, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  3. zxvff

zxvff Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Glad my first post get's to be to ask what the fuck is a "qualified level II linux server administrator"?

Also @ OP, why are you trying to get someone from an internet forum to do your homework for you? Sounds like about 10 minutes worth of scripting work for anyone who paid attention to the lecture.

zxvff, Jan 19, 2012 IP