1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone know how to remove a watermark from a .DOC file?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by skunker, Mar 28, 2007.

A friend sent me a Microsoft Word file that is about 130 pages long. However, each page has a watermark on it and I can't read the content due to the watermark.

Do any Microsoft Word gurus know how I can remove this watermark so I can read the content?

The DOC file was converted from a PDF.

Thanks.

skunker, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  2. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Generally watermarks are added for a good reason, if someone did that then ask your friend for a copy without the watermark.

sji2671, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  3. Phlegm Jar

Phlegm Jar Peon

Best Answers:
    I've upgraded to 2007 and now can't find a flippin' thing, but perhaps this link might help?

Phlegm Jar, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  4. s_saha

s_saha Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm intresting :D
    is it not possible to urself make the document without the watermark ?
    i mean .. copy from pdf and paste the text in a notepad file.... then from notepad copt the stuff and paste it back in word again ... and convert it into pdf :D

i hope that u can do it that way ... :)

s_saha, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  5. gro11ver

gro11ver Peon

Best Answers:
    under the format menu, background link, printed watermark...open that up and see if you can select no watermark

gro11ver, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  6. Umesh281

Umesh281 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey ...it is simple dear...just click on the header footer in the menu and then you will see that all your text is freezed and only the watermark is highlighted then simply select that watermark and delete it and then close the header footer toolbar...just do it on one page it will be removed automatically from all the pages...i do it so many time...if you face any problem do not hesitate to PM me..:)

Umesh281, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  7. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Peon

Best Answers:
    safe as rtf !!

LuckyLuke, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  8. skunker

skunker Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys,
    I have a document that was written and published by the US MILITARY in 1944 and it is in the public domain. However, some stupid commercial company watermarked it so you can purchase a copy from them

Screw that. This is public domain material and I am allowed to copy the text from it, however, since there's a watermark on it, I have to manually go through each page and highlight the text , etc.

skunker, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  9. abushoeb

abushoeb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all.

I solved my watermark problem. I simply copy the whole text from ms office 2003 and past into wordpad then copy the whole text from wordpad and paste into word again. simple :)

abushoeb, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  10. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is interesting, the thread started in Mar, 29th 2007 and some one from other country and user id, replied it yesterday, saying the problem has been resolved. Frankly I have a question for you, can you please reply me honey ? How did you searched such an old thread to reply ?

China_girl, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  11. abushoeb

abushoeb Peon

Best Answers:
    I just google with "How to remove a watermark from a doc" and got the link. Hope you have got your answer, right honey?

abushoeb, Mar 3, 2011 IP