1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone Know Anything About .Clubs?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by James Harper, Sep 15, 2015.

Yes, as we all know, it's almost impossible to find a short, one word .com anymore without having to pay like 10K.

I was just curious? Does anyone know anything about .Clubs? And if so, what's your take on them?

My next membership site is going to be a .Club and it's a one word domain name, but I'm not sure how that will sit with people since it's .Club and not .Com?

Thanks,
    James Harper

James Harper, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  2. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's just another one of the hundreds of new gTLD's to hit the market. If the word/niche fits, then use it. You probably won't see many huge .Club domain sales individually, a developed .Club with a nice site would still hold plenty of value even though it's not COM.

FPForum, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is just another pretty useless TLD designed to make more money for the domain registration industry. I typed in a bunch of one word domains (computer.club, book.club, movie.club, video.club, adult stuff, etc.), and they were all taken. I don't know why anyone would want to register fart.club (unless it is deliberately not available to the public), but they did. At least there is interest in those TLDs from cyber squatters.

The de facto standard TLD is still .com and probably will be well into the future. If you absolutely cannot find a suitable .com, then work your way on to the other TLDs. As far as .club goes, at least it is descriptive. Other than that, is about as useless and unmemorable as the other new TLDs.

billzo, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  4. James Harper

James Harper Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you both for your feedback. I agree with both of you in many ways.

For my new site, it is relevant since it is a "club" like membership. My intent isn't to make money of the URL itself from squatting.

Thanks,
    James

James Harper, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  5. alexanderpaul

alexanderpaul Member

Best Answers:
    "Club" is a generic term with numerous meanings, and the applications for the top-level domain .club are just as limitless. This is an ideal choice for chess club, tennis club or foreign language club website, local sports team, community gathering place or VIP association.

alexanderpaul, Oct 24, 2015 IP
  6. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd only be interested in strip(.)club and I'm sure that was one of the first to get registered.

kjh-08, Oct 24, 2015 IP
  7. CheapWebhosting.lk

CheapWebhosting.lk Member

Best Answers:
    The registry usually reserves top single word domains such as gold.club, soccer.club for later premium sales in the after market. They will sell at 6 figure range.
    Then the remaining .club domains will be available to TM holders at the sun rise period. example IBM.CLUB.
    Tthen at the Land Rush phase, domainers (also known as cybersquitters) register the remaining good once for a bit hire price.
    Finally at the public release, we get the crappy once.
    So if your trying a one word .club domain, hmm chances are less. But give a try, if not try making it to two words or try thinking of making a one word bit catchy. ex: soccerz.club

CheapWebhosting.lk, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  8. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your best bet, invest in a premium .com, I would not rely on .club, at least not now. Good luck!

Webcenter, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  9. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I personally don't like any of the funky tlds. I'll better buy xxxxxclub.com instead of xxxxxxxxx.club

Mr_Kumar, Nov 26, 2015 IP
  10. PrimoNX

PrimoNX Peon

Best Answers:
    .com is always better.

PrimoNX, Dec 7, 2015 IP