1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone is making a live only with adsense income?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by trikr.com, Apr 30, 2007.

1. AmaZulu

AmaZulu Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a simple series of equations, really:

Traffic = Market

Market = Trade

Trade = Profit

The first and last entities are not mutually exclusive, meaning:

Traffic = Profit

If you increase traffic you should increase profit. I've been doing this with a photography site for about 18 months now and this last month was the first time I ever cracked three figures in Adsense revenue (excluding the decimal points). I don't think I can live on that just yet!

AmaZulu, May 2, 2007 IP
  2. lawrenz

lawrenz Peon

Best Answers:
    what is the best content of the site? :D

lawrenz, May 2, 2007 IP
  3. BOptiz

BOptiz Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe it is possible for many of us. But we need to work hard to achieve that.

Eventhough there is a risk if they ban you at some point of time.

So I don't want to take risk now. So, i will keep doing my day job and also concentrate on my sites.

BOptiz, May 3, 2007 IP
  4. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear that. Keep your day job and keep earning as much money as possible from adsense.

rmartish, May 3, 2007 IP
  5. lucasnet

lucasnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes that is a big risk of ban from google. And what then ? No money :)

lucasnet, May 3, 2007 IP
  6. msubmission

msubmission Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to live with adsense :)
    Generally when a person starts getting money worth living with adsense, he is earning much more money in activities other than adsense.

msubmission, May 3, 2007 IP
  7. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Life after adsense. Means where going to have to get our own sponsors.

rmartish, May 3, 2007 IP
  8. scuzzy

scuzzy Peon

Best Answers:
    don't count on google paying you every month.... I got banned out of nowhere and once you're domain is banned they don't give a crap

scuzzy, May 3, 2007 IP
  9. dougadam

dougadam Active Member

Best Answers:
    You sleep better with multiple streams of income.

dougadam, May 3, 2007 IP
  10. movidalatina

movidalatina Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know of a couple of guys macking 30k a month....
    and Markus of plenty....is bringing in a cool 200k a month
    Lol..i can live off that ;)

movidalatina, May 3, 2007 IP
  11. Fabian.JH

Fabian.JH Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thousands are making a living off it, that should say something.

However, I would say it is a risky business because you are really depending on Google's algorithms and what alterations they make to Adsense.

Fabian.JH, May 3, 2007 IP
  12. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For the life of me I don't understand why people are always so conscious of only having one or two major income streams. AdSense on your site isn't want makes you money - traffic flowing through your site is what makes you money. Having all your sources of traffic is one basket is a BIG risk but monetizing it through the best means possible isn't a big risk.

If you get 10,000 visitors a day from a range of sources and AdSense bans you but you retain all your traffic you can still monetize your site through YPN, affiliate ads, private ads, selling your own products. It is far from the end of the world.

If you have 10,000 visitors a day but 90% of it comes from Google then when they tweak their algorithm and you drop off the face of the SERPs so does your income. You still have your AdSense account - but your not earning any money.

Moral of the story is AdSense is just one form of monetisation and the reasons it is so popular is because it pays reasonably well and it is simple to apply to your site. I mean at the end of the day isn't still probably isn't the best form of monetising a site - and if you look at most of the big players on the web they don't use AdSense because they can better monetise their site through other means. AdSense is only great because it get's your 80% of the return for 20% of the effort which allows webmasters to focus on other, more important, things.

So personally I'm all for sticking my monetization mostly into one basket because it allows me to focus on the real money spinner - building sustainable traffic.

And don't tell me I don't know what it is like to have your AdSense account disabled or I'm running a big risk - because I too have had my AdSense account disabled - but during the process the AdSense team contacted me, explained the situation, I said I'd fix it, which I did, then a few days later they reviewed my sites gave me the green light and reactivated my account. I was happy, they were happy, the advertisers were happy.

Google isn't evil and they don't ban people for no reason - so if you are get banned there was a reason for it. Do the civil thing, find out what it was, fix it, approach them saying you have made the correction and it will never happen again, and make sure it doesn't. Don't blame Google because you couldn't manage to stay within their policies and TOS or were attempt to game their system.

I mean Google aren't stupid - if you are making $10,000/month, then they too are probably to make $10,000. So does it really make good business sense for them to disable/ban a client that is making them $10,000 month just because they might be unwittingly in breach of an aspect of their TOS. Seriously guys - there is so much fear of Google, but Google isn't stupid - they are running a business, don't cheat them and they won't screw you.

So Google are happy for people to make a living via their system, they are happy to make millions a year via their system - they want more publishers, they want more advertisers, and they actually spend big dollars every day running seminars and conferences trying to get larger websites owners to join their program. So you can rest assured that they want your business if you are willing to play within the rules.

Burta, May 3, 2007 IP
    poseidon likes this.
  13. Vadym

Vadym Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah. Well put. For those to lazy to read, here's a summary:

Google makes money from you making money, and since it's a business, it won't disable you just to fuck with you.

Vadym, May 3, 2007 IP
  14. ghosthost

ghosthost Peon

Best Answers:
    i pay $20 for hosting a year
    i pay $8 for domain for a year
    and i make $1200-$1300 a year from adsense :p

its not much but its ok with me :D

ghosthost, May 3, 2007 IP
  15. Vadym

Vadym Peon

Best Answers:
    At a point, you have to ask yourself if it's worth it. I mean, how much time have you spent on your website? If at the end, it pays less than $8/hour... I suggest a real job.

Vadym, May 3, 2007 IP
  16. chum112

chum112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Im not making a living from it. But i am making more than a living from doing up websites, getting a good PR, selling links, banners. and then selling the site itself. I suggest you go into that if you guys are struggling with adsense.

chum112, May 3, 2007 IP
  17. zerk

zerk Peon

Best Answers:
    I design sites because I like too, I like to manage/ promote the websites.

I am only 18 years old and clearly have alot of learning to do about the subject, but I get about 200 bucks a month from a website.

When you are 18 and only working one-2 days a week, 200 bucks is alot of money. BUT I still try to put it back into the website or buy scripts or lately I am really working and looking into buying websites and then continueing to host and expand them. My guess is if I do it right, get the right websites, talk to the right people, and again, do it right , I could make a pretty decent profit from hosting/managing websites.

zerk, May 3, 2007 IP
  18. chum112

chum112 Guest

Best Answers:
    My theory is though, even if im not making a living from it. Its a hobby. And im going too put it towards my retirement fund for 30 years time. By that time it should be great.

chum112, May 3, 2007 IP
  19. Vadym

Vadym Peon

Best Answers:
    Im 17 myself ;)

EDIT: And Chum, how the hell is your Banned ass making posts? :p

Vadym, May 3, 2007 IP
  20. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As many of members already said "don't put all your egs in one basket"

Try to find multiple source of income insted of only depending on Adsense.

getjimmy, May 3, 2007 IP