1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone In The Tattoo Niche? Best Affiliate Program?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by gogetta, Jun 21, 2010.

Hey Guys,

I have a site in the tattoo niche and the traffic is growing rapidly at the moment. I have been promoting "Chopper Tattoo" on Clickbank and have sent many hops but no sales yet!

So, I was just wondering if anyone else promotes this?

Or, anyone else in this niche know of any other decent converting products? CB or CPA?

Thanks

gogetta, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  2. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    Tattoo Me Now is another site that has got good gravity apart from chopper tattoo in that niche.
    I've tried many a time but no result, so left it.

markov, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  3. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried promoting tattoo stuff before but never really had any success. I must've just got the angle wrong though.. plenty of people are doing well with it.

If I were to move back into the niche, I would set up a guidebook to your first tattoo (based on my own experiences) and deliver it in stages via an email newsletter. Each email would promote the various tattoo products on CB.

TigerPublishing, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  4. silverpoint

silverpoint Member

Best Answers:
    Average conversion rate for a tattoo product is about 1/1000000000000000000000000, so knock yourself out.

silverpoint, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  5. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I promote the tatto niche. I wrote articles and made sales and still to this day, even though i have not promoted my site in months, I still get a few sales here and there.

in the past 30 sales i have not gotten one refund! I just hate writing and to outsource only makes be break even.

I have a review site that seems to convert pretty well. I am about 1:112 for conversions which is not great but also no horrible.

You just need to hit the right buyer. I did PPC with my site and had $0.10 CPC. I had over 1,000 clicks with a CTR of 4.9% but not one sale. When i switched to articles i made sales......

PM me if you want to partner up. we can both bring something different and make this work.....

rjd1265, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  6. dtang4

dtang4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried promoting a tattoo CPA offer before. I wasn't able to gain much traction.

dtang4, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  7. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The tattoo niche is a tough one with low conversions..

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  8. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup - unfortunate because I'm getting around 500 (free) visitors per day in the tattoo niche and conversions are basically non-existent.

dlm, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  9. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I personally have 3 tattoos and I'll tell you something

If I want a new one I'll just go down to a professional tattoo saloon and get it, there's no need to spend like $60 to get some designs .. (lol not getting any new ones very soon)

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  10. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    Very true. I am tattooed and there's no way I'd buy a book of designs. I think the tattoo products are aimed at people getting their first piece.

TigerPublishing, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  11. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried tattoomenow and the conversions were worse than 1:200. Chopper tattoo seemed a bit more promising because they bill a small amount first and the rest after like a week. But my conversions with chopper tattoo seem to be the same as tattoomenow. I get around 50 visitors per day but the sales are almost non-existent.

My suggestion is: don't waste your time promoting this niche.

jacky8, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  12. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The conversions can be low but someone above nailed it! You must aim at people getting their first tattoo. I offer a free guide "10 Things You Must Know Before Getting Your First Tattoo" and i get almost 40% sign up rate.

From here, i have a pretty decent mailing list.

But Ya, if you just do PPC or do not target the first timers, you will get nailed with very low conversions....but i will tell you, the refunds, for me anyway, are almost non existent.

rjd1265, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  13. silverpoint

silverpoint Member

Best Answers:
    and what if you would focus on the following keywords: "buy tattoo" or "buy tattoo design" in exact match...

silverpoint, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  14. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    That's probably too obvious - I'd expect the profit margin would be razor thin on those keywords.

dlm, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  15. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those are too generic even know you are talking about "buy". In a normal niche those are usually good but not here. Not too many people are out to buy tattoos but rather find a source or membership to get ideas. You need Market Samurai to help you with that. My keywords, which i will not reveal are pretty tight nit and focus on what people are looking for.

An example would be tree tattoos or dragon tattoo ideas. Here, write an article about dragon tattoos, the meaning and where the best place to put it on your body would be then link to a site that will show your new buyer where the best place to find thousands of ideas on dragon tattoos. I have had success with this.

If you give them what they are looking for, they will buy. FYI: i have about 13 different lading pages for my site that concentrates on male/female- types of tattoos and locations of tattoos on the body so send them to the right page (in corlation with your article) so they do not have to search. your conversions will be a lot better...somtimes up to 30%

sorry my spelling may be a bit off...get over it :)

rjd1265, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  16. pamlovelyone

pamlovelyone Peon

Best Answers:
    I make about $300 a month on a tattoo removal product called Wrecking balm.

pamlovelyone, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  17. pamlovelyone

pamlovelyone Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone have a tattoo related site and want to trade links? If so, email me at . Thanks!

pamlovelyone, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  18. itliberty

itliberty Peon

Best Answers:
    What about anything else just geared toward tattooed people? Any luck there?

I also see very low conversions, but get a good deal of traffic (thousands of visits per day) and have been considering switching advertising entirely to more things like music downloads, things like that...anyone with thoughts on that angle?

itliberty, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  19. diggyisking

diggyisking Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, yeah it is a crap niche.
    I built a couple sites around it but have not done any more work to them lately. Making around 2-4 sales a week on autopilot.

Tattoomenow sucks because people always want refunds.
    Chopper hardly gives refunds.

I'm getting like 1k daily uniques for one of my sites, can't convert it for s***. 300 daily hops to chopper and hardly 1 sale if I'm lucky.
    Started trying to take advantage of the traffic, built a list of 1800 and getting 40-70 optins a day, but only made 2 sales off the 8 followup emails sent to every member.

Very hard niche imo, but good practice. If you can master this niche, anything else will be a joke:)

diggyisking, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  20. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Probably people that don't want something unique :)

evelinawilliams007, Jul 22, 2010 IP