1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

anyone here tried thumboo for website thumbnails

Discussion in 'PHP' started by dirtydoug, Apr 1, 2010.

I have a project which has the option to display website thumbnails its some kind of a directory listing, its manual, if you add website you have to print screen the website first, resize it, then upload to 3rd party image host and then insert the link to the thumbnail URL input box :D but my client does'nt want manual he wants it to be automatic, to make it less hassle and doing it all the time is a little annoying well i agree with my client.

I have searched the web looking for thumbnails and i found thumbshots, snapcasa and several others but my problem with these guys if you are not a paid subscriber or lets just say you are a premium user creating the thumbnails takes awhile and sometimes overtime, geez.

So i keep on searching and searching until i found this site accidentally when i almost loose hope haha thumboo.com i think its owned by goingup too just not sure, anyway i tried it and voila its the one that i and my client looking for, it automatically creates thumbnail and as fast as 2 minutes and freeeee! yes for free.

I had a hard time applying my style since i have a custom style for the images, like adjusting its width, height, border via css since the image is called via this piece of code

"@readfile("http://counter.goingup.com/thumboo/snapshot.php?".$thumoo_params);"

what is this somekind of an iframe? :p i tried to apply the width and height but it leaves white background and i cant figure out how to replace it, i tried
    SEMrush
    .divclass img{background-color:#000} no luck :confused: so i left the default size anyway the border works fine though, so i left the simple issue behind.

But, yes but :( sadly there is a disadvantage about this thumbnailing, since it acts like an iframe it loads first before the next line of codes. check this site online investments programs or http://iagentz.com before it completely loads it loads the thumbnails 1st, for now it loads faster since the site is not done yet but what if its online? and has many programs listed? geez

And worst is, there is no support on the website they have but its not working 404 not found hahaha so i posted here, maybe you guys have an idea? like create a javascript to load the whole site first before the thumbnails etc. etc. etc. or anyone have an experience with this?

I know, i know im a paid designer but im limited to coding. I wanted to ask my co programmers at work but they are on vacation geez what a crazy day.

hope to get some help here.

dirtydoug, Apr 1, 2010 IP
    SEMrush
  2. dirtydoug

dirtydoug Member

Best Answers:
    no one ever tried thumboo? geez

dirtydoug, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  3. ialeliemli2

ialeliemli2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used many different website snapshot generation tool and thumboo might me one option. Tool I would love to recommend is w3snapshot.com. It provides best services but unlike many other tools, you just need to pay as much as you use it. No monthly charges. Good for startups.

ialeliemli2, Dec 15, 2010 IP