1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone having trouble making their first $1 with Azoogle?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by scottmweaver, Nov 10, 2007.

1. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey from reading scotts blog i think i might be able to answer this for you, You are spending 50 cents per click which is a lot, most people only pay like 25 cents a click max, so i think you found a good niche you just gotta find the sweet spot at which it converts good at. Your doing fine you just gotta get a fix on that target.

killafawk, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  2. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    As one of my friends used to say "that's the market fluctuating."

Classic rookie mistake. I've made it enough times to know. Your EPC isn't based on your PPC clicks, it's based on the clicks on your actual Azoogle jump link. PPC clicks are generally unique while people can click multiple times on your jump link or none at all. In other words, it's not accurate for bidding purposes.

In fact, you'll notice on Azoogle's site, it says you need (I think) at least 500,000 impressions to reach statistical significance. This means exactly what it sounds like. Unless you get a crap load of impressions to your jump link, you can't accurately use it as a basis for anything valid.

What you can do instead is use the calculators found on this page:

http://www.afftoolbox.com/2007/11/25/how-much-should-you-bid/

First, you put in how many clicks your PPC tells you that you received. Then, you put in your Azoogle clicks and it will give you a Bounce Rate.

After that, you plug your Bounce Rate into the calculator above it and your average cost per click from your Search Engine of choice. That should give you a good estimate for how much you should bid.

It happens to the best of us. Hang in there.

Damian, you're doing well. You just have to learn to tweak your campaign to profitability. Check out the article I posted and see if it helps you. I don't mean to boast, but I've written some other things I think might help as well.

Best of luck.

scottmweaver, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  3. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Outstanding. :D

scottmweaver, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  4. SebastianSanjistan

SebastianSanjistan Guest

Best Answers:
    My problem seems to be not just with azoogle but, if I get sales here and there with PPC and any time I increase my bids to get more traffic so I get more conversions (these are keywords that have already recorded conversions), I end up just getting more traffic and no conversions and end up losing. So I have to change my bids back to minimum bid, and continue to get sales here and there.

This happens with every campaign I run. Example I started a campaign and raised all my bids to $1.00 since some people say to raise your bids high in the beginning. I got up to $80 spent in a day, no conversions. So I changed all my bids back to $.15 and daily I get 200%-300% or more ROI. Doesn't make sense to me. If I'm bidding a $1 do I need to be spending more than $80 in a day? Theoretically if I'm getting 200%-300% ROI (consistently at minimum bids) I need to try to invest $500 in a day and see what happens? I'm just worried about spending that much and ending up losing, so I always bid minimum bids but I'm starting to think lately that I should raise my bids and put more money into the campaign initially. I understand some people throw hundreds and even thousands into their campaign before they start making money.

Although a problem I'm worried about is, if the keywords that are converting at minimum bid are long tail keywords, so that could be the reason I end up losing when I raise bids, if you start bidding on competitive keywords, you could be in a completely different ball game, right? With all the competition and what-not.

SebastianSanjistan, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  5. damianm2

damianm2 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi There,

Thanks so much for all your help. I just wanted to ask - You say that my EPC in Azoogle isn't the real thing. I don't quite understand what it means to click my "jump link". I'm not using a LP or monkeypage, so all the PPC clicks I get become direct hits on my Azoogle page. I don't see why my EPC in Azoogle is therefore inacurrate. Also, all the impressions are usually very if not exactly the same to my PPC stats.

Thanks again for all your help. I like your blog alot so I'll try and read the most I can. Thanks to people like you, giving motivation and inspiration, many of us will get where we want to get to.

Thanks!
    Damian

damianm2, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  6. grwolz

grwolz Guest

Best Answers:
    When I find a campaign that converts well at low ppc I just let it run, your making money afterall. Its slow and not a ton on money but its working. What I try to do is repeat this success with another offer and another and another. If we can get 20-30 offers all making money that will lead the income you want. I am sure these guys that a pulling huge numbers are not just promoting one offer, they must have tons, and I bet they are looking for the next one at the same time.

grwolz, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  7. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on which engine you use, if you don't set your spend type to accelerated, the engine will take your daily budget and divide it out by your max CPC. That's how it determines how many times to display your ad. When you lower your max CPC, you're going to get more impressions (albeit in a worse location).

It's somewhat logical to think that by increasing your bids alone, you'll see more conversions but that's not always the case.

If, however, you have a large daily budget (say $500, as you said) and you also increase your max CPC, the search engine will display your ad just as much (if not more) and you may or may not receive a higher conversion rate or more conversions, period. You'll have to test.

Yes, you are definitely in a different "ball game." :) Competition gets rough when you start bidding on high-volume keywords.

scottmweaver, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  8. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Damian,

What is your Azoogle page?

Are you saying you use your azjmp.com URL as your destination and display URL in your ads? If so, you should know that's discouraged.

But aside from that, the azjmp.com (Azoogle Jump Link URL) is still subject to the issues I previously described. People may click back and forth and Azoogle will count the jump multiple times.

Or here's another point- ever received sales on Azoogle and saw 0 hits for that subid? I have. It just goes to show that unless you have a large amount of statistical data to make inferences from, the chances are that you're going to make wrong guesstimations due to the shaky nature of the jump link (recording all hits, not just uniques).

That's exactly why Azoogle states "500,000 impressions to reach statistical significance" right on their stats pages; they know it's true.

Hope that helps and glad you're reading the blog.

Looking forward to seeing your comments on it. :)

Scott

9. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, you should promote more than one offer. The idea that putting all your eggs in one basket is bad still holds true in the affiliate marketing business.

However, there are ways to increase conversions for campaigns that are getting a small amount of traffic for what you can afford. You can always try different ads, try new keywords, split test different landing pages, etc.

Never stop testing.

10. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    agreed, slow and steady wins the race don't jump into PPC expecting to become a overnight millionaire. If you got a campaign thats low cost and good conversion stick with it, thats 2 conversions a day at like 800% ROI, thats really good, do that for 5-10 more offers next thing you know your spending 100$ a day and your making 500$ off your conversions every day.

killafawk, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  11. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im just starting out, Im putting together my first yahoo search marketing campaign today. Its with ringtones. What other offers do you guys suggest for a first timer?

bigdad, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  12. elpen

elpen Peon

Best Answers:
    Not ringtones.

elpen, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  13. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Ringtones aren't dead.

And it's great you asked cause I just launched a forum for n00bs-

http://forums.afftoolbox.com

And there aren't any ads yet, so you know it's made out of altruism. :]

scottmweaver, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  14. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great info here.Subscribing:)

speed100, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  15. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome. Glad to have you. :]

16. hawksrnm1

hawksrnm1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey scott do you have a template you use for your landing pages? This is where I am stick on the most because Im not a designer and I dont really want to pay someone $50-$100 for each landing page. Any tips?

hawksrnm1, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  17. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't use a template; I usually design mine by hand, but if I were you, I'd just learn how to "alter" other peoples' landing pages so that they look just different enough to not piss that person off. That way, you don't have to come up with the whole theme, you don't have to spend any money and you will slowly learn how to create your own pages.

Other than that, I've been scheming up ideas of Wordpress-based landing page templates. That would make it incredibly easy to create a landing page.

Hope that helps.

18. hawksrnm1

hawksrnm1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Scott, I am a subscriber to your website and I love what you share. I am new to affiliate marketing. I recently sold my web business and I am trying to break into this game a bit.

Right now its not a money issue to begin its more of a how to thing. Even thought the two are very similar, affiliate marketing is still very much different from what I was doing.

hawksrnm1, Jan 27, 2008 IP