1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone having trouble making their first $1 with Azoogle?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by scottmweaver, Nov 10, 2007.

1. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    KeywordSpy and others like it are pretty decent.

scottmweaver, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  2. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, 10k keywords would definitely be better. where'd you hear that many keywords = bad ?

3. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I pretty much agree with all you had to say. Except, YSM has a per-adgroup limit of 1k, I believe and adCenter is 2k.

But AdWords requires much more finesse and customization. Basically, you really need to build quality material (or fake it well) with AdWords in order for it to work and keep working and to keep your bid prices low.

4. iamben

iamben Active Member

Best Answers:
    Scott -

Thanks for offering some advice. It's all too easy to read pages and pages and still have no idea where to start. Can I ask a question about landing pages?

What sort of content is it best to put on them, and how do you 'set it up' for the click through? By that I mean - if the visitor gets to your site, are they just supposed to click on an ad to take them to the landing page of the promotion you're plugging? Or is there a better way?

I hope that question makes sense!!

thanks, ben

iamben, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  5. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thought that was a general rule, that was like having 10,000 keywords its hard to imagen that all of them would be relevant. But i guess that means start out with 10,000 keywords and then cut them down into what ever you got left that converts.

any who so far 72 clicks in azoogle but no converts, Using YSM for most of the campaigns but i would like to use adwords instead but i throw up like 500 keywords in google and i can't even get any clicks for any of them and they are targeted. I think i need to work towards relevant site content to lower the bid price and then push it up a little. How do you do that? just write about the product with key keywords right?

killafawk, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  6. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    The content you put on your landing pages all depends on the product being offered. In general, the content you place on your site is going to be purely informational on the product (vs. having articles about related information). What's 'best' is difficult to say though, as it depends on how you're relaying the information. If you have, say, a review site-- the content is going to be brief and from a personal perspective. Overall, it's whatever content is necessary to move the customer to the next step (sell, sell, sell).

As far as setting your landing page up for click through, I think you just mean putting links on the page. The links you get are provided to you from the network (AzoogleAds, Neverblue, Commission Junction, etc.). They give you what are called jump-links, which basically just means the customer will get bounced to the page for the particular product or offer, but in-between the jump-link will tag that jump with a unique identifier that will allow it to track your sale.

I hope that helps to clear things up.

Scott

7. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's pretty much the right idea.

Depending on what you're doing, YSM can be easier to start out with than AdWords. Adcenter is even easier than that. The trade-off is the bulk of traffic.

Relevant site content is a huge part of it all. Most, if not all, of these ad engines are looking at the site content and using it to determine how much you pay per click, ultimately.

And yes, including keywords is an important part but moreover, you want to provide good information about the product and allow people to get what they want quickly and easily. (That's what I learned from reading up on how AdWords determines your QS).

8. Drwealth

Drwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    hey Scott thanks much for your extensive knowledge seen in your response. I am slowly getting a hang of adwords, and I'm trying to get a keyword analyzer to help generate such keywords. I really want to go in bigger, and just waiting to get some money to put towards advertising which appears to be key. Where would you suggest getting mailing lists from?
    I'm now up to $6.50 which might not appear much but thats $4 more from my last post. I feel like I have a good niche, just need to figure out how to increase traffic and exposure to it.

Drwealth, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  9. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you use a capture form to grab them on the fly using a service like Aweber (http://www.aweber.com) to do all the hard work for you. All you do is sign up, create a mailing list, grab the code and slap it on whatever page you want to collect emails on. It's pretty easy.

That's great man. Just keep pushing and using your resources. Don't be afraid to open up the flood gates a bit either. ;)

scottmweaver, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  10. searchfordeal

searchfordeal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so how do you come up with keyword? Just using KW tool and dump it and wait and see? Way to create good long tail keyword?

searchfordeal, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  11. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I come up with keywords using this mostly:

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

But you can also subscribe to services, such as KeywordSpy (www.keywordspy.com) and grab keywords that other sites have used in the past.

And yes, the only way to truly know if they convert or not for you is to test them yourself over a reasonable period of time.

Hope that helps. :)

scottmweaver, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  12. searchfordeal

searchfordeal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so how many campaign are you running now?

searchfordeal, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  13. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you mean by campaigns, but if you mean how many products am I running ads for-- it's about 15 or so.

:)

scottmweaver, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  14. quamism

quamism Active Member

Best Answers:
    im a bit perplexed by azoogle. I had a pretty decent day yesterday in my testing of an offer making about .20 CPC for a return of just over 100%. I trimmed my keywords and increased some bids and today my traffic was almost cut to 25% and only one conversion. Is it normal to see these traffic swings?

quamism, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  15. elpen

elpen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Scott.

How do you go about testing offers until you decide its unprofitable? 100 or 200 clicks?

And whats the depth of the testing? Do you just track at the ad group level at first?

thx

elpen, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  16. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic swings are almost unavoidable in this business. And depending on what you mean by 'trimming' your keywords, that may have had a large affect on your traffic overall, which in turn would affect your conversions.

On top of this, if you're using a search engine like Yahoo, they will give you a decent amount of traffic right off the bat to see what kind of CTR you get and to give you a quality index score so they can properly place you thereafter. So in most cases, your traffic will spike initially and then die down (unless you can keep high CTR and a high QSI).

Hope that helps. :)

scottmweaver, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  17. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I generally set a dollar limit per campaign. Usually I won't go more than $300 into debt for a single campaign.

Also, If I see that a particular campaign isn't profitable but it is making sales, usually I'll tweak a few things here and there (usually, that includes removing the top keywords that don't convert after, say, 150 clicks or so) in hopes that it will turn into a profitable campaign.

scottmweaver, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  18. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm starting a blog that I"ll use to explain the things we've discussed here in more detail. I've created 3 posts so far and plan to create more based on your feedback. Thanks guys. I hope you dig it-

http://www.afftoolbox.com

Please check it out. I'm not trying to whore it out for publicity at this point. I'm more interested in actually helping people get started making money.

If you guys have any suggestions for topics, let me know.

Scott

scottmweaver, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  19. alligrand

alligrand Peon

Best Answers:
    I have trouble getting approved with Azoogle. I was told that it takes forever to get approved with Azoogle. I have a website redirected to an affiliate site but Azoogle still not accepted my application. Can somebody help me?

alligrand, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  20. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    For some people, it does take a while. Azoogle dislikes two things about what you're probably doing:

1. Redirect sites (no landing page to speak of)
    2. Free hosted sites

Solution? Buy simple hosting from somewhere.

I'd say HostGator, but they are just bad lately. They shut down one of my databases because the website was too successful. What? Yeah, I was pretty alarmed too.

scottmweaver, Nov 19, 2007 IP