1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone got this working?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by sbongo, Jan 12, 2007.

sbongo, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  2. mike42

mike42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it absolutely can work. But before you do it, talk to the product vendor.

I've heard some horror stories where people didn't do that first, then the vendor figured out what they were doing, and complained to CB. Without the vendor's permission to bypass the salespage, you run the risk of having your account terminted.

But if you can write a better salespage than the vendor, it could be worth following through.

mike42, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  3. sbongo

sbongo Peon

Best Answers:
    where can i contact the vendor?

i have turned the faqs section upside down but cannot find anything.:(

sbongo, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  4. Northie

Northie Peon

Best Answers:
    Doubt it will work

Clickbank state that the tracking process is done on the hop link, rather than the pay link.

I expect clickbank will match the hoplink to the paylink and then finally the sale.

If they can't find a match then there won't be any commission.

I looked into this last year as we wanted to sell products inside a membership area which is not supported by the clickbank logistics.

ClickBank also state that commissions are paid at their discretion (or words with a similar meaning).

Northie, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  5. mike42

mike42 Peon

Best Answers:
    What Northie is saying is true -- I don't remember all the details, but there's some risk of the cookie not being set, particularly if the visitor doesn't buy right away. So you run that risk.

Sbongo - Does the vendor have any contact information on their salespage? Do they have an affiliate page on their site where you could track them down?

If not and you can't find anything, I'd move on to another product. Skipping directly to the payment page without talking to the vendor is much too risky. At least in my opinion.

mike42, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  6. sbongo

sbongo Peon

Best Answers:
    I cant find contact information on their page and i guess i have no choice but to look for other affilate network since i cannot create my own landing page with direct order form.

sbongo, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  7. Northie

Northie Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure it's a requirement of ClickBank's that the vendor supply contact info....

Northie, Jan 12, 2007 IP