1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone gonna make the jump? From G to Y?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by freshprince, Aug 18, 2005.

1. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    It's a shame it's US folk only.
    As an Aussie, I feel kinda left out.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, in my view, anyone stepping up to the plate is gonna see the sweet end of the stick. I mean, if *you* wanted to gain a substantial foothold, or at least be considered a viable alternative, wouldn't you be putting your best foot forward ?

Admittedly, as evidenced by the service downtime recently, it's not just called a beta to soften the blows, it really IS a beta, but as an alternative to G's PSA's, it might be worth it.. (both G and Y would see simillar spending patterns regardless of scale, so I'm not sure what the nett result would be) but just the same, first in best dressed and all that. :)

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  2. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Why bail.

I'm coming to terms with an idea. Altenate the ad provider. Sometimes I have Bad G AS (Low CTR, Low EPC), so if I do a 50/50 split, I might be able to normalize the income level from day to day, or atleast week to week.

later,

tom

TommyD, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would probably consider some A/B testing. If Yahoo's ECPM turns out higher, I'd switch eventually, but it'd be difficult. I don't like dealing with yahoo very much, overture is a pain in the butt to use, and I have a feeling their publishing network would be just as difficult.

lorien1973, Aug 27, 2005 IP
    Shoemoney likes this.
  4. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:

Jsource, Yahoo has MORE advertisers at this point than Google. Don't forget, they own overture which was around LONG BEFORE adwords, therefore they have a lot more advertisers. Also, I was reading in an IT mag that many advertisers get frustrated with the complexity of Adwords and enjoy the simpler to use Overture. Just my .02, I use both and find them both easy.

Henny, Aug 30, 2005 IP
    Shoemoney likes this.