1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone get ripped off with Lenders block cj affiliate?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by rjhere, Aug 2, 2005.

I started promoting Lenders Block on a high traffic refinance site I have last month. Things started doing good.. they were giving me credit for 10+ leads a day at 280.00.. This month they reversed about 95% of these leads.. Has anyone else dealt with these guys?

Their advertiser page states that all I have to do is to drive a lead to them that fills out an online one page application and get to the "thank you page". That's easy enough.. I put their large banner removing all my other affiliates AND adsense.

I think if I use their banner and users click on it and fill out an application, I would be legally entitled to these commissions. How could it be that 95% of the leads I sent filled out that one page and never got to the thank you page?

I am just curious to see if anyone had any experiences good or bad with them.

Thanks

rjhere, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  2. Andrei

Andrei Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you sure they don't pay for approved only?

Andrei, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  3. rjhere

rjhere Banned

Best Answers:
    Nope.. It's a lead..... It states in clear english that you get 28.00 for every customer that fills out an online application and get's to the thank you page. It seems to me that they need to reword this if they are going to reverse charges even when the affiliate meets his end of the bargain.

rjhere, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  4. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    send them an email and ask.

thebassman, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  5. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    I while back I was jipped by CJ, but never a company itself through CJ.

zman, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  6. rjhere

rjhere Banned

Best Answers:
    I sent them an email and haven't heard a response... I am just curious if anyone else have dealt with them before..

Needless to say, I have replaced their ads with other affiliates.. And I turned on adsense on this site.

rjhere, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  7. altoid

altoid Guest

Best Answers:
    Before you decide to use and affiliate link you really out to look at their payment history with CJ first. The merchants pre-pay CJ to pay all of the affiliates and their payment history is clearly shown before you join.

They have graphs that kind of look like googles PR. If it is not good, I wouldn't work with them, pick another CJ merchant.

altoid, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  8. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    My problem was with CJ itself. I actually had friends order travel items from the affiliate and CJ didnt even register the hits. Life goes on...

zman, Aug 4, 2005 IP