1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone ever used Adjungle

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Clubtitan.org, Dec 31, 2004.

Is it any good. I ran accross it this morning on a car forum.
    http://adjungle.com/aj/home.jsp
    let me know if you have heard anything good or bad.
    M4ck

Clubtitan.org, Dec 31, 2004 IP
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I havent heard anything, but from looking at some of the publisher sites; the ads are in terrible positions, and since page views/day is already pretty crappy, I doubt you'd see any ROI on an ad buy at all. If I paying on a CPM basis, I sure don't want my ad buried at the bottom of a page.

lorien1973, Dec 31, 2004 IP
  3. UKZJ007

UKZJ007 Guest

Best Answers:
    I've heard about it, I don't think I heard good stuff about it though :/

UKZJ007, Jan 1, 2005 IP
  4. Clubtitan.org

Clubtitan.org Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input. I figured since there wasn't anything on this forum about them they probably weren't too good.
    M4ck

Clubtitan.org, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  5. bcwaller

bcwaller Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there, this is Brad Waller of AdJungle. I'm sorry if you heard nothing good about our service. AdJungle is pretty new and still growing. The idea of our service is to make it easy for sites to manage and sell their own banners. If you want to advertise with a banner, you will be choosing the specific sites that you want to advertise on, and you can choose which ones fit your audience and which ones have placed the ads in a location that you find valuable.

Some sites place their ads at the top or left side of the page, and others place them in less desireable locations. We are the service that gives them the freedom to choose what to charge and where to place their ads, and we make it easy for people to book ads on their sites. This is helpful for sites that don't have anyone working to sell the ad space or just don't want to spend the time managing, tracking, setting insertion orders, etc.

We also have a Pay Per Click component where your ad gets shown in the default slots when sites don't have a campaign booked. Since the ads are PPC, placement is not as important. If users don't see your ad on one site, you don't pay. Since we are new, you can likely have a 5 cent cost per click and still get shown a lot.

I'll check back on this thread if anyone has more questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.

Brad Waller
    AdJungle.com

bcwaller, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  6. proback

proback Guest

Best Answers:
    Question. My account said that I had made over $150, then it went down to $15. I also changed my cpm to $3, and it was at $1. Does that make a difference?

Please respond and tell me what happened! My site is #2 on your top site, and this is just pissing me off. :mad:

proback, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  7. soapbath

soapbath Peon

Best Answers:
    Do I get any money from these Google Ads your displaying on my site?

soapbath, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  8. bcwaller

bcwaller Peon

Best Answers:
    proback,

I don't know about the $150 to $15, but I can look into it.

soapbath,

Yes, the Google (and PPC, banners, and other) ads we show as defaults are part of the earnings pool from which all sites earn. Sites earn pool credits based on a formula that includes site activity and other measures. the pool gets 60% of the gross earnings made by the default ads from all sources. Payouts are based on pool credits for that day and earnings for that day.

bcwaller, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  9. soapbath

soapbath Peon

Best Answers:
    How often is the stats updated?

soapbath, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  10. bcwaller

bcwaller Peon

Best Answers:
    Stats are updated once per day - each night (Pacific Time).

bcwaller, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  11. proback

proback Guest

Best Answers:
    Is there anyway you could contact me on msn or aim? Please help me, I'm only at $30 right now, and I had over $100 yesterday. :confused: :confused:

proback, Jun 12, 2005 IP
  12. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah.. this sounds like its pretty new. I signed up, but I thought the interface was kinda confusing. You might want to clarify some stuff, and make it simpler to setup it all.

Nice idea though.

Josh

Josh, Jun 12, 2005 IP
  13. bcwaller

bcwaller Peon

Best Answers:
    Josh,

I'd love some feedback on what we can do to make the interface better. I know it is too sparse, but being so close to it makes it very hard to realize what we assume you know when you see the site. If you want to PM or email me with suggestions or the confusion points, I'd appreciate it.

Proback,

We had a technician enter a number incorrectly last week one day, and then correct it the next day. That would account for a number to change from when you saw it the first time. The swing you saw ($150 to $15) is too large for even the biggest site that was affected. Are you sure you saw $150? I have been in Vegas for the AffiliateSummit conference and WiFi was spotty and I've been having trouble getting online. You can also PM or email me.

bcwaller, Jun 15, 2005 IP
    Josh likes this.
  14. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok.. here are a few suggestions,

Login screen: Way to many buttons in such a small area! Make the forgot password thing a link to another page, and make the register button just a link to the register page.

Try something like this https://safe.kanoodle.com/login.cool .

And once you've logged in, I'm getting a horizontal scrollbar, even though there is nothing to scroll.

The nav buttons on the top are kinda ugly.. the blue and green just really isn't my idea of a good nav color. I like the way google does their nav.

And isn't the zone and site tab kinda redundant? You get a listing of all the zones with their sites on the sites tab, and you get a list of all the sites with their zones on the zones tab. I'd probably get rid of the zones tab, and move any info that the sites tab doesn't have over there [to the sites tab]. (I.e. have an ad a zone button next to the add a site button, etc)

It needs a footer! I personally can't stand sites without a footer, its almost like it never finishes loading or something. Add a small copyright notice at the bottom, and a link to your TOS and Privacy policy.

But yeah, the main thing would just be the colors. Deffinatly go with something a little lighter, dark colors don't work well unless they are just sparcely used.

Also, you might want to have a Todays Earnings: and Last 7 Days: earnings thing on the main page, sort of an at-a-glance thing.

But enough with the design critiquing, the main thing that was a little confusing at first was the zones. I'm used to how google does it, one adcode fits all. Or how kanoodle does it, one adcode per site.

Josh

Josh, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  15. bcwaller

bcwaller Peon

Best Answers:
    Josh,

We took your ideas to heart and have added a footer. That was easy and makes a whole lot of sense.

The login came from other sites, but we have talked about re-doing that. You comments will help my argument that we need to update this.

Colors were both arbitrary and for a reason. We can look into t6hem, but I hope that they don't make or break the site.

Zones should not be confusing. Obviously we are not explaining them well enough. The idea for Zones is that sites might have different sections that they want to sell, so they might want to create more than one Zone. Also, Zones are unique by form factor. For a site that does not have multiple sections, they could use one Zone per form factor, just like they do with Google.

bcwaller, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  16. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I eventually had no problem figuring them out.. but in the initial setup, I was comfronted with something that nobody explained to me ;) Maybe have a Getting Started page that overviews everything you need to get it up and running.

Josh

Josh, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  17. swaz

swaz Active Member

Best Answers:
    i suppose we cant use this together with adsense? since the concept is almost the same.

swaz, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  18. bcwaller

bcwaller Peon

Best Answers:
    reallybites,

The idea is that you can use this in conjunction with AdSense. With our service, we enable you to sell ads on your site. Unlike other services, you have control over the ads shown when there is no paid ad for your site. You can place your own AdSense code as your default, which we will serve until someone buys an ad on your site.

bcwaller, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  19. swaz

swaz Active Member

Best Answers:
    so this is not a pay per click? i get paid when advertisers advertise on my site?

how do i display my own adsense code? paste the adsense code on the default html page?

swaz, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  20. Gary King

Gary King Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no way to stop them from sending you emails if you become a member. I feel like I am getting spammed! Don't sign up with these guys! They have very little Google hits, too.

Gary King, Oct 1, 2005 IP