1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone ever seen an insane traffic spike and drop like this?

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by ChR0n1k, Jun 8, 2012.

Fairly new website, after about 2 weeks of nothing shot up to position 4 for its main KW and I was very excited and happy for a few days getting some nice traffic, and all of a sudden on day 4 it plummets to nowhere in the SERPs at all.

Anyone ever had anything like this happen before? It isnt deindexed, is this maybe a sandbox? Or is this just an extreme version of the google dance?

Shot of WMT:

WMT1.JPG

ChR0n1k, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  2. HaroldMacapagal

HaroldMacapagal Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello on of my friends website experience the same drop like yours. Do you over optimized your website? have you check you content? Do you implement black hat? All you should do is to re assess how you boost your site. Then lets check if you have been penalized by google.

HaroldMacapagal, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  3. webmaster1189

webmaster1189 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well its google dance, happens all the time with me, now google is evaluating your site, and based on your content and site authentication they will rank it permanently

webmaster1189, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  4. MakZF

MakZF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Possibly the Google honeymoon period passing the site by

MakZF, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  5. ForumAdvertising

ForumAdvertising Peon

Best Answers:
    If you get traffic from Google then yes, I see such thing every day. If not Google then I really don't know what's the case.

ForumAdvertising, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  6. charmtolucky

charmtolucky Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, this is probably depend on advertising you are doing.. Like advertising on search engines like Google, Yahoo, Rediff etc...
    I saw this type of drop up and drop down.. Figures was like 65,000 unique hits on my web in a Day wherein normal hits were like around 6000-7000
    This was because of wrong scripts..

charmtolucky, Jun 27, 2012 IP