1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone ever installed Movable Type?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by AfterHim.com, Jun 12, 2005.

AfterHim.com, Jun 12, 2005 IP
  2. JonahViaKeyboard

JonahViaKeyboard Peon

Best Answers:
    It's only hard the 1st time. Pay close attention to which files go where, and which are ASCII and which are Binary. That's the only tricky part.

Good luck.

JonahViaKeyboard, Jun 12, 2005 IP
  3. swaz

swaz Active Member

Best Answers:
    its not that hard,you just need to make some minor adjustment to some of the files before uploading all of them.the instructions are very helpful,just follow them.I have installed MT for countless time,even upgraded from the older versions.

swaz, Jun 12, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Looks difficult, but it isn't. It just has a few pre-requisites to it that are pretty common. If you want easy, check out wordpress. It's literally one button click.

You just want to be sure to split up moveable type so that the .cgis are in your cgi-bin directory. The doc tells which files go where. I think they should split up the folders by default.

nevetS, Jun 13, 2005 IP
  5. largeheartedboy

largeheartedboy Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not as difficult as it looks, just be sure to follow the instructions. Little things like setting the wrong permissions to files or folders can be frustrating.

largeheartedboy, Jun 17, 2005 IP
  6. I. Brian

I. Brian Business consultant

Best Answers:
    The instructions are bloody awful, and as there is no autoinstall script, you do find yourself messing about having to move and edit files about the place.

As said, it's not actually that hard once you know exactly what you're doing - it's knowing exactly what you need to do that's hardest.

Overall, might be worth looking at www.wordpress.org instead for a much easier install on a better software platform.

2c.

I. Brian, Jun 17, 2005 IP
  7. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    wordpress does have the easiest install by far. I could train my dog to do it, and my dog is pretty much untrainable.

nevetS, Jun 17, 2005 IP