1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else finding it incredibly easy to manipulate MSN results?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by token20, May 13, 2005.

1. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear that, MSN loves meta tags. Seems whatever I put in meta tags and pepper my site with, within a couple weeks will be up there. Not always top 5, but so far I've seen all I've aimed for hit top 10, except for the new ones I'm trying (because traffic is so low from msn).

*sobs* if only google would bother to index me

nddb, May 17, 2005 IP
  2. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    azakers,
    One amazing thing about msn, is how fast it crawls, 2200 pages just today, 1000+ yesterday. Either google doesn't have the power to do that, or it hates my site. I see it only grab the index approx every day, then grab 5-10 pages every 2-3 days.

So, if msn gets it's algo going right, it will definitely have the most current data out there, in terms of pure crawling speed, it kills google and yahoo (at least from my limited point of view with the few sites I have.)

nddb, May 17, 2005 IP
  3. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nddb
    I rank # 1 for several words on MSN and Yahoo and in position 5 or below on Google - the traffic I get from - MSN:nearly squat - Yahoo:dismal - Google: 80%+

I still love MSN (maybe its because I understand how to rank in the MSN serps ;))

Epica, May 17, 2005 IP
  4. dkalweit

dkalweit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google's crawling frequency and depth depends on your PR. Usually it's "internal PR" that they update more often than the 100+ days the Toolbar PR seems to be updated these days... You can raise this PR by getting backlinks. The more higher PR backlinks you have, the faster you will get crawled.

Googlebot often hits my PR4-PR6 sites with a deep crawl weekly or so-- grabbing hundreds, and sometimes thousands of pages in a day. This week alone, my PR6 site has had a specific directory deep crawled totalling in over 30,000 hits.

--
    Derek

dkalweit, May 17, 2005 IP
  5. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm only pr3 on the main page, haven't checked internal pages. Perhaps the pr is the reason, it has yet to do anything even close to a deep crawl. =)

nddb, May 17, 2005 IP
  6. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nddb - Do you have incoming links to lower level pages..? or are you relying on all your links pointing to the homepage..?

Epica, May 17, 2005 IP
  7. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty much all links point to the main page. You think I should put some deeper links into ad network rotation? (except for the one in my sig, which I was hoping would get google crawling, but hasn't yet.)

nddb, May 17, 2005 IP
  8. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:
    google loves DP.. just sit and wait for it nddb! (and, oh yeah, do deeplinks count... If got one(1) page that's PR6 while the rest of the site is PR3/4)

frankm, May 17, 2005 IP
  9. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nddb - I definately recommend spreading out your inbound links to internal pages whenever possible - for anchor text for those links I would use the 2-3 keyphrases each page is optimized for.

Epica, May 17, 2005 IP