1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

anyone doing A/B testing of their SEO metadata in SERPs?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Stephen Tasker, Aug 30, 2019.

Hi Guys
    SEMrush
    The reason I ask this is that I'm wondering if anyone has any strategies or the best practices to optimize metadata to increase CTRs? I'm building a tool at the moment called Polkadottiger.com which helps WP users automate A/B testing, but I would really love to hear if anyone got any killer strategies they've been using!

Stephen Tasker, Aug 30, 2019 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Stephen Tasker

Stephen Tasker Peon

Best Answers:
    P.S. Not trying to spam, just very curious to what strategies people are using!

Stephen Tasker, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Often meta tags are kept empty by the webmasters. Let Google decide what's best for your page. If you try to optimize them in order to increase your CTR, Google may not like your metas and completely ignore them anyway.

mrb1129, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you kept it empty Google will randomly choose in your page to provide in the snippets so its better to have relevant and interesting title and description.

KylieSweet, Sep 2, 2019 IP
  5. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sounds like an interesting plugin.

Oso Optimized, Sep 2, 2019 IP