1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody using webhostingpad hosting services currently? pls reply

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by full_time_writer, May 27, 2017.

I am using their hosting services to run my two websites...but whenever I am asking about free SSL set up they are giving me doubtful answers..tech support is saying I need to pay one time fee of $20 if I use any third party ssl, billing dept is saying I need to pay around 20 monthly...I am using a shared hosting and I am curious about the policies regarding free SSL set up like letsencrypt. Can u suggest me how to deal with this?

full_time_writer, May 27, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Change hosts, get a VPS, for instance Digital Ocean.

PoPSiCLe, May 27, 2017 IP
  3. thexyz

thexyz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Have tested them a few years back and they pulled the plug on an account. They are a really cheap host.

thexyz, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  4. radwebhosting

radwebhosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I certainly cannot speak for webhostingpad (albeit a few of their clients have called us over the years, by mistake). I would assume that whomever you are dealing with might be a new associate, who is simply unaware of what is actually available...Or possibly they are employing some outsourced assistance on their chat for busy times.

You should submit a support request via their helpdesk to get their staff to verify the features included. This should also give you some sort of email documentation (in writing) that their services do/don't provide free SSL certificates. This way you will have no issues obtaining a refund if you purchase services under false pretenses/incorrect information from staff.

If they are using cPanel servers, it is quite easy for them to offer free SSL certificates to all websites on the server at no added financial expense, thanks to AutoSSL. In my personal experience, this feature in WHM/cPanel also requires next to zero maintenance when initial setup is properly performed.

*I'd like to add that I am not, in any way, saying that any of these scenarios are likely to happen/of a greater likelihood at webhostingpad. These are just good practices in general when obtaining goods and services online.

radwebhosting, Sep 7, 2017 IP