1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody participating in Wall St Occupation?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by kaethy, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    wow gworld got banned after 6 years? Why now?

Blogmaster, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just because some 25 year old guy living in his mothers basement claims the "Real" Tea Party movement is an Anti-War/Pacifist movement, doesn't make it so. Just because Ron Paul is a hard core isolationist(or non-interventionist as he would put it), doesn't mean his followers and he himself don't support the core values of fiscal responsibility and a smaller, limited federal government.

The beauty of such a simple core message is that it allows for a big tent that includes people like the guy in your video, and other assorted social lefties like myself.

Now here is a guy from the Occupy Wall St rally. Where does his message coincide with the greater good?

[video=youtube;dnKetznvdUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnKetznvdUE[/video]

Obamanation, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  3. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh look it's Y2K all over again. There's always been capitalism, right from the dawn of man humans have traded one thing of value for another thing of value. That will forever be the case. Nobody should just have the right to something, because they want it or need it. Because that's still selfishness. Money creates access rights, the way to gain money is to produce something of value for other people.

These people are leeches and parasites, and they just want everything for nothing. They think life's owns them something, they envy success, because their life's are utter failures and will never amount to anything.

Fair capitalism is what's needed, a society that rewards people who add 'real' value to the world like Steve Jobs RIP etc. There's nothing wrong with banking and investment banking as long as they're under a fairly trading and adding value with their services.

Last but not least not everybody is created equal not everybody will be high successful and not everybody can be rich, but should we penalize everybody because of your misfortune. Should we all die, because a few people are dying from cancer?

These people are like yeah I'm suffering I'm FUCKING WELL JELLY OF U SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE, so I want everybody to suffer together on the same level. Maybe we should start chopping arms off people because some people lost their arms or weren't born with one.

/rant

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
    Seqqa, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    [video=youtube;BeO3L5EFfBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BeO3L5EFfBo[/video]

Occupy Wall St. is a shill organization that wants violence. Not all protesters do. They want the message to go out.

5. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Lovely Rant..
    I'm a fan of Capitalism...

I don't remember who said it, but I remember reading sometimes back - If we take all the money from rich and distribute it equally within whole population, down the line in 5 years the Money will return to the same people again. Rich are rich not because they have any undue advantage, but because they know how to make money.

I have a strong belief that not everyone deserve to be rich. If you deserve to be rich, you will be rich anyway..

The Webby, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Seems the moderators here are of Romanian descent and don't take kindly to insults... ;) It's all a massive conspiracy and coverup...

Mia, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Best Answers:

haha right on. Revenge of the gay Romanians. And a couple cowboy gun slingers.

8. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Correction, Gay Romanian Hookers...

The Webby, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You left out "criminals".

Mia, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  10. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    The Supreme Court ruling called Citizens United gave corporations the same rights as people to fund political campaigns. So it's even easier than it used to be to buy politicians, buy elections, etc. Many people believe that this amounts to "corporate personhood" and that ruling should be reversed.

kaethy, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Sorry got a hard time keeping up with some members sexual fantasies ;)

12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Thank you. That is a much more specific answer than "Outlaw Corporate Personhood", which is really just some sort of campaign slogan.

Speaking specifically to that particular court ruling, are you familiar with the case? It seems to me that the only outcome of the case was to repeal a provision of McCain-Feingold that prohibited corporate money(union and otherwise) from being used on advertising within 30 days of an election. Is this really what all the fuss is about? Do you really think corporate advertising on behalf of political candidates 30 days before an election is the root cause of all the problems we currently face? In my mind, it certainly doesn't equate to corporate personhood, nor would overturning the ruling of the court even come close to fixing the problems we face. You might as well be protesting inbound telesales calls or leaflets left on doorsteps with "no-soliciting' signs. Annoying yes, root of all evil, no.

When you look at the background of the case, it is hard to see how the court could have ruled otherwise. Did the liberals really think they could legislatively allow Fahrenheit 9-11 to air right before an election, but somehow or other block "Hillary the Movie"? You can't just block out the corporate speech you disagree with. At some level, it gets to be a freedom of speech issue.

Find another way to get money out of politics. I saw a few recommendations on the OccupyWallSt demand list to prosecute elected officials for corruption if, after their term in office, they accept benefits and/or jobs from organizations who lobbied them. It would need to be better worded, but that is an idea that could actully have an effect.

13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Just because Moore is a fatass opportunist does not mean all of the info in his movies is incorrect.

14. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Every effective campaign advertisement has some small kernel of truth to it. I was fine with Moore's movie. Why were the libbies so up in arms about Hilary the Movie? The Citizens United decision was the output, so I guess they shot themselves in the foot on that one.

FYI, Moore's movie is proof positive that money and finely crafted propaganda do not guarantee electoral victory. It stands as a prime example of why McCain Feingold was mostly ineffective.

15. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Never watched the Hillary movie but after watching The Clinton Chronicles, the bigger picture got painted into the back of my mind well enough to know what they are all about.

16. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    [video=youtube;t9Cx5ISMcWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Cx5ISMcWk[/video]

Over 100 suicides needed to get him elected?

17. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Welcome to American politics. Even if you lead your life as a saint, some artist like Moore can do a great job painting you as a criminal, and lets face it, none of us are saints(though some of us are more saintly than others).

You are never going to get Maddow and Shultz to stop their nightly stream of lies and distortions, any more than you can get guys like Beck to stop fear mongering. With the internet, any average joe can get out there and spin up his own brand of bullsh*t and find people who are willing to get on board.

People should be able to say what they want to say, and voters should educate themselves on the issues. People deserve their leaders.

18. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    The problem is the taxation scheme. 75% of the middle class' earnings go to the FED. First the wages get taxed, then the employers, then the products they produce have the sales tax.

19. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Why does Michael Moore want to keep the Federal Reserve in power? Because someone who helped him become famous is his handler. So simple, man.

20. sdgroot45

sdgroot45 Peon

Best Answers:
    do the people partisipating in these protests have children, familes, houses, responsibilities? I know I can't just up and leave for days and days to protest something like "coporate greed." I agree with a lot they are protesting but I have things to do.

sdgroot45, Oct 6, 2011 IP