1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody participating in Wall St Occupation?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by kaethy, Sep 25, 2011.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you everything is those idiot Americans fault. They should learn from Romanians and send their women to Canada, Mexico, Europe to work as hookers and it is so easy for Americans to cross the Canada border, so their men should go there and start with pick pocketing, home invasion robbery and organizing begging rings in all major cities in Canada. If these idiots learn from hard working Romanian criminals, all their economical problems will be solved and they can even build mansions in the red neck areas.

gworld, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm confused. What is she supposed to do? Hide? Not drink champagne? Or is it us that are supposed to do something different, maybe despise her for her smiles, or champagne, or the assertion that she has wealth?

If I can't bring myself to hate the smelly hippies in the streets and their desires for the failed system of communism, how can I possibly bring myself to despise someone for watching the hippies with a glass of champagne in their hand? I think most people who are watching the spectacle have a smile on their face.

I thought the most interesting thing in that video was the "Julian Assange/Private Manning data collection vehicle". For most Americans, you might as well label it the "Osama Bin Laden/Al Queda recruitment vehicle" for the amount of popularity it is going to get you.

Obamanation, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  3. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Oooohh Groovy!!

Look who is joining the Anti-American club!! [Terrorist]

The Webby, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  4. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    He doesn´t hate Americans or what he thinks Americans should be. He doesn´t understand how in a country that all roads are paved with gold, there can be poor people. He wants to be like the rich people in USA that he sees on his black & white TV. Have you heard that similar poles repulse and opposite poles attract? The poor Americans are repulsive to him while the rich ones are his dream and attraction.

gworld, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  5. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Ewww.... poor people! I wonder if he hates them as much as you do. How many jokes have you made about Mia's trailer?

You just reminded me of another thing about that video. Hardly anyone but white folks, who remain the most privileged race in America. America's truly poor are nowhere to be seen. Just a bunch of poor middle class white kids raised with liberal guilt by our socialized school systems. Sure they can't compete with the Asians and Indians in math and science, but they understand the power of a mob.

6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I didn´t make fun of Mia because of his trailer, I joked about him because of his trailer park mentality. Mia is the American version of apocalypsexl.

gworld, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  7. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I've always been more of a, "The proof is in the pudding" type of guy. From what little Mia has shared with us of his personal life, he seems like a independently successful guy who lives on the fruits of his own labor, rather than the fruits of someone else's labor. IF that is "trailer park mentality", I think we need more of it in America.

8. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    The gift that keeps on giving.

[video=youtube;Crl31Xgc3_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crl31Xgc3_w[/video]

Obamanation, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It appears that video is biased. Even though they are referred to as the "anti-capitalists" (which has more of a negative connotation), looking at their demands, it doesn't seem they are planning on implementing communism or anything.

Here are the 9 demands:

1. CONGRESS PASS HR 1489 REINSTATING GLASS-STEAGALL ACT.

2. USE CONGRESSIONAL AUTHORITY AND OVERSIGHT TO ENSURE APPROPRIATE FEDERAL AGENCIES FULLY INVESTIGATE AND PROSECUTE THE WALL STREET CRIMINALS who clearly broke the law

3. CONGRESS ENACT LEGISLATION TO PROTECT OUR DEMOCRACY BY REVERSING THE EFFECTS OF THE CITIZENS UNITED SUPREME COURT DECISION which essentially said corporations can spend as much as they want on elections. The result is that corporations can pretty much buy elections.

4. CONGRESS PASS THE BUFFETT RULE ON FAIR TAXATION SO THE RICH AND CORPORATIONS PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE & CLOSE CORPORATE TAX LOOP HOLES AND ENACT A PROHIBITION ON HIDING FUNDS OFF SHORE.

5. CONGRESS COMPLETELY REVAMP THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION and staff it at all levels with proven professionals who get the job done protecting the integrity of the marketplace so citizens and investors are both protected.

6. CONGRESS PASS SPECIFIC AND EFFECTIVE LAWS LIMITING THE INFLUENCE OF LOBBYISTS AND ELIMINATING THE PRACTICE OF LOBBYISTS WRITING LEGISLATION THAT ENDS UP ON THE FLOOR OF CONGRESS.

7. CONGRESS PASSING "Revolving Door Legislation" LEGISLATION ELIMINATING THE ABILITY OF FORMER GOVERNMENT REGULATORS GOING TO WORK FOR CORPORATIONS THAT THEY ONCE REGULATED.

8. ELIMINATE "PERSONHOOD" STATUS FOR CORPORATIONS (Sorry Mitt Romney)

9. RE-ESTABLISH THE PUBLIC AIRWAVES IN THE U.S. SO THAT POLITICAL CANDIDATES ARE GIVEN EQUAL TIME FOR FREE AT REASONABLE INTERVALS IN DAILY PROGRAMMING DURING CAMPAIGN SEASON.

Rebecca, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    To be fair, nobody in the video proposed a viable alternative to capitalism, though they certainly seemed to know what word not to utter. Regarding the list of demands, your list is one of many on that forum. Here is another:
    All in all, one doesn't have to look at too much video footage of this event to get a good feel for where these guys are at, and the Fox footage was a pretty reasonable representation of a large percentage of them. I have to appreciate that a lot of these brain surgeons were probably among the loudest voices calling the Tea Partiers inbred white trailer trash.

Browsing their forums, there are definitely quite a few educated people in the lot who have nearly identical complaints to the tea party, yet probably won't self identify as tea party based on the labels assigned by the media to those people. The trick for those educated and reasonable people will be to make their demands for an end to cronie capitalism stand out from the cries for communism and free education for all.

Even if they manage to remove the strong overtones of communism from their ranks(unlikely), several of the demands from the demand list you posted are Democratic party and union talking points. Seriously, enact the Obama's "Buffet Rule" Legislation now? Re-establish public airwaves with equal air time(The Fairness Doctrine)? What, C-SPAN is no good for them?

Perhaps they should have sat down and thought of the message they were trying to send before they sent out a "Calling all Hippies" message. Perhaps they shouldn't have directly allied with the Unions, making them a direct proxy of the special interests they claim to protest. That would have all required forethought, rather than this legislation by uneducated mob proposal they are seem to be putting out.

Even the left leaning MSM won't give them too much coverage for fear of having even a fraction of the scrutiny that was applied to the Tea Party applied to these people. Fox got it right.

https://occupywallst.org/forum/it-bears-repeating-a-marxist-critique-of-the-wall-/
    https://occupywallst.org/forum/a-communist-voice/
    https://occupywallst.org/forum/you-have-now-lost-my-support/

11. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It amazes me how freaking stupid people can be . The entire community of scientists looks with great hope and fear to fusion power and the moronic masses think that wind is the answer and that everyone will have food on the table . The demand for a world without fossil fuels(and nuclear power) is unrealistic as long as we don't have an viable power source .

The failed school generations finally came together to protest the evil people that outsmarted them and took a bigger share of the planetary resources . Oh goody another show of stupidity I can wait for another hippie revolution , the last one turned out great :rolleyes:

ApocalypseXL, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  12. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    That video, even if Biased, shows one thing for sure.. No matter what your Agenda is, you will always find enough sheeps to follow your blindly.

Demolish Capitalism, and then do what? Communism all the way??

I bet if Jesse Watters had asked them what is capitalism exactly, we would have had even funnier responses.. Pure Comedy, mate, pure comedy.

The Webby, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  13. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    I have more respect for people who are protesting in person over people who express opinions in an online forum.

Right now protestors are penned in on the Brooklyn bridge, thousands of them. And the police are taking people away in handcuffs one by one. Seems like the NYPD would have better things to do.

Watch it at http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution

kaethy, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  14. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Since when did 2 hundred became thousands ? Or are there more protesters in the weekend ?

15. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    Did you go down there and count 200 yourself? Do you always believe everything you are told? Yes, there are more on the weekend, and the numbers are fluctuating all the time.

kaethy, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  16. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Oh ya I forgot that CNN is controlled by aliens that want to anal probe us all .

17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Even if he could make that thing to go over water, it would take him too long to reach NY to count anything.

gworld, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  18. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    /Gasp!

You mean some of them have jobs? Hopefully not working for any of those evil capitalists. Perhaps selling hemp bags and patchuli oil, or manufacturing LSD in their basement, but those hardly seem like jobs that would only free them up on the weekends. Just sayin.....

19. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It appears the right wing media published the interviews from the least coherent protesters to compile a video to portray them all as fools, but somehow, these same protesters were far too clever to utter The Word.

The list of demands that I posted was the most current, updated, with a more narrow focus. However, here is the First OFFICIAL Release from OCCUPY WALL STREET. With the First OFFICIAL Release from OCCUPY WALL STREET, it's more like a list of grievances. Actually, I don't like this document much, but perhaps, a few points they make. But if you scroll to the very bottom of page and find "Also here is the Working list of goals" - you will discover the official list of demands is almost exactly as I posted, except now they've decided to remove #9 about the public airwaves (I do like many of the demands).

So, here is the most updated (and official) list of demands.

I guess they have to try out the laptops they purchased with the recent 4.6 million dollar donation from JPMorgan. J/K, I think.

[video=youtube;yULSI-31Pto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yULSI-31Pto[/video]

For anyone, above is a video of events at the Brooklyn Bridge, and New York Times coverage of it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    Rebecca, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1848/communist-manifesto/index.htm

You like their demands because people instinctively feel what is happening to them.

gworld, Oct 2, 2011 IP