1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody participating in Wall St Occupation?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by kaethy, Sep 25, 2011.

kaethy, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had considered heading to the event to open up a stand selling beads, patchouli oil, and hemp bags but I can't handle the stench. A friend of mine recommended I instead sell underarm deodorant, and I had to explain to him how pointless that would be.

That aside, I stand with you/them in Solidarity, comrade. Corporations are evil and I'm sure if you occupy Wall Street long enough, they will lose customers. Or perhaps if the media gave you guys some play, that would create a political movement to end their ties to our politicians? I'm wondering if all those people would then join the tea party.

Obamanation, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Global Revolution ? ROFLMAO I'm sure that everything will change for the better now . This must be one of the greatest stupidities in recent history LOL .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Interesting thread, Kaethy. Is this their official site? There is a video on it with some police brutality.

[video=youtube;moD2JnGTToA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moD2JnGTToA[/video]

Rebecca, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  5. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol if they believe it's just wall street that just shows peoples ignorance. I think they'll find it's global corporatocracy is the problem and wall street is just a small chunk of that. There's more financial hearts of the world than wall street, there's canary wharf for starters.

Seqqa, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If these type of actions become popular and people continue doing this type of actions, they will discover very soon that USA is no different than Libya, Cuba, Saudi Arabia,.... and Americans will be treated in the same manner as citizens of those countries are treated.

gworld, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I would say that our ability to protest is much different than what it is like in Libya, Cuba, and Saudi Arabia. Police brutality is not that common in peaceful protests. I see protests all the time, that's why the footage was so surprising to me. If it portrays an accurate representation of events, hopefully the police officers involved will be fired.

Rebecca, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    because up until now the protests in USA and Europe has been limited to what Americans call bunch of "Hippies" but if it becomes any kind of serious danger to the government the national guard will come out. look at the history of protest against Vietnam war and even those protests were not that serious. If you think the rulers of USA are any different than rulers of Saudi Arabia, Iran, China,... then you are just kidding yourself.

gworld, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Up until now protests have been by hippies? Really?? lol. Were the participants of the Boston Tea Party hippies? How about women demonstrating in the streets, to gain our right to vote? How about the civil rights marches? Protesters against war, all hippies? Protesting is our history, it's not just the 60's. :) Now, if the protesters are a "serious danger" as in lighting things on fire, physically threatening people, and smashing things up, yes, they're going to put a halt to it quickly. But peaceful protest is our absolute right.

Rebecca, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I think GWorld was referring to these particular protesters on Wall Street, who definitely seem to be a bunch of unwashed hippies. I was always under the impression that hippies like the smell of pepper spray. ;)

I like the protests though. They won't put a dent in Wall Street but our elected leaders are watching and perhaps they will pause when agreeing to another special interest backdoor deal.

Obamanation, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it seems you don´t know your country history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_civil_rights_workers_murders

gworld, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  12. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I was waiting for you to look up obscure cases of police brutality, and pretend it is the norm. Thanks for not disappointing. :)

Rebecca, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It didn´t stop USA from bombing Libya because of some obscure police brutality. If you want to be in year dreamland then be my quest.

gworld, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  14. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Update: In regards to the macing incident, there is further details on Wikipedia:

The media reports, "Anonymous" is the entity that published the name and details on the net of the police officer responsible for the pepper-spraying.

Rebecca, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  15. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Great article. The "high-profile anti-capitalists" like Noam Chomsky who are backing this event are planning more events in other cities including Boston.

In the meantime, hacker group Anonymous releases the personal contact information of the officer who used the pepper spray, because the police unions(a group Chomsky would support) never allow their peeps to be punished for bad behavior. All this assumes the behavior was unwarranted because we never get to see the first part of the video that brought on the pepper spray, though I would say the chances of it being necessary were highly unlikely. Maybe Anonymous was hoping for some "Mob Justice" for officer Anthony Bologna or his family.

And as the coup de grace, the people who own the private property where the anti-capitalists (hippies) are camping are about to have them tossed off of their property and into the public property of New York's streets. There, the unionized police will put their jack boots to their necks in immediate application of New York's myriad of codified laws against such unlawful assemblies. Laws, ironically enough, more than likely put in place liberal New York legislators.

The comedy never ends. GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!

Obamanation, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What USA has used in third world countries, dictatorship, police brutality, secret police spying on citizens, arrests and torture is coming to the streets near you, get use to it. American are becoming more and more desperate and problems will grow and if you think the ruling class will leave and give up without violence and fight then you are dreaming. I don´t know what the name of American Saddam or Gaddafi will be but sooner or later you will have one.

gworld, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  17. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]
    Seems I've heard this speech before, but it was given in a church and the the guy giving it was quoting from the bible.

Out of curiosity, since you are a fan of violent overthrow of the government, are you for or against gun control?

Obamanation, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  18. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    LOL. :)

Looking over their forum, they don't appear to be that organized. They are still working on their list of proposed demands here. They're asking for input. They other day, they had "Guarantee a living wage regardless of employment status" on the list. I was thinking, really? What does that have to do with protesting Wall Street? Anyway, now they've deleted that, and it looks like they are trying to give it a more narrow focus.

Rebecca, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  19. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    Here's a video of Wall St drinking champagne while watching the protestors from balconies. One woman smiles and waves at them, she appears completely clueless as to her position in this drama.
    [video=youtube_share;2PiXDTK_CBY]http://youtu.be/2PiXDTK_CBY[/video]

kaethy, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  20. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Drama ? Drama of what ?Of some people being incapable imbeciles to freaking retarded to put down the joint and drink ?
    Drama of being absolute knuckleheads that think Europe is country and everyone speaks French ?
    Drama of complaining about the lack of jobs after they helped Jose jump the border and get a fake SSN ?
    Drama of buying tons of useless stuff from the Chinese communist empire and then wining about weak economy ?

The drama is the drama of the American idiot that even it it's darkest hour continues to be an idiot unfit to live and doomed to a rapid extermination . You're a shining example yourself OP . You're avatar denotes humor and intelligence (the lack of this) . Decades of social degradation and lack of innovation have lead to this , the fact that those on WS where smart enough to survive is their only sin .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 30, 2011 IP