1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody knows how to land the first users for a new(free) WordPress backup plugin?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by thatJRyan, Jan 22, 2019.

Hi fellas,

Thanks the owner and administrators here at DP forum for providing us a warm and peaceful place to talk about our favorite WordPress.
    Recently my friends and I have launched a new WordPress backup plugin - WPvivid Backup/Restore, which is also the first WP plugin we created and launched at wordpress.org. I also started a thread here at DP's Review section seeking feedback on the plugin - https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/wordpress-backup-restore-plugin-can-you-guys-review-it.2854291/.
    Now we have trouble landing the first users for it because a lack of experience in promoting a new plugin. We've already tried some ways but all come with very little effect.
    Does any of you know better ways to land the first users for a brand new plugin like ours? I appreciate all your suggestions and feedback!

Joe

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    thatJRyan, Jan 22, 2019 IP
  2. AttaboyRoi

AttaboyRoi Member

Best Answers:
    I see backup splitting, but not compression. Is compression offered? Also, can you discuss how filtering works? Is it by extension, folder, or both.

My suggestion is post a video on some of the popular video upload sites. The video can be a tutorial, or more about the features, or you can have multiple vids. I'm interesting in seeing the restore feature.

AttaboyRoi, Mar 2, 2019 IP