1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody know this new hosting ?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by tradebizlink, May 8, 2012.

Anybody know the reputation of this hosting : photonhosting.com. Their site looks pro and price good but I still not sure whether they are real site or just.... because the site has no identification on its whois and there is other hosting too with same name photonhost.com Anyone here has ever used and try photonhosting.com. Pls share with us your experience whether they are real hosting or just ....

tradebizlink, May 8, 2012 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it has the word master reseller.

If you ignore that warning sign you deserve to lose your money.

matt_62, May 8, 2012 IP
  3. tradebizlink

tradebizlink Member

Best Answers:
    sorry but I dont understand what the warning sign you meant ? master reseller now is very common. Also I have check their whmcs is original, though my feeling there is something hidden unknown. The only way is to try but if any of DP members have tried probably could share their experience whether this is real hosting or ....

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  4. pingpipe

pingpipe Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have never heard of that company before, but their WHOIS says that they registered their domain 23-Dec-2011 and their website says that they are "serving more than 130,000 registered users from 200+ countries" That certainly is a lot of registered users for a startup to gain in four months.

pingpipe, May 8, 2012 IP
  5. tradebizlink

tradebizlink Member

Best Answers:
  6. tradebizlink

tradebizlink Member

Best Answers:
    Ah found some clue through their address point to some Indian hosting and telecommunication company

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  7. johndoe370

johndoe370 Peon

Best Answers:
    :cool: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've just hosted with photonhosting.com and my experience with these guys is good. They are helpful , price is affordable and the hosting services are also good. I own reseller plan and this is what was suggested by them for my website. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As per my information their HQ is USA, however they have an India office also.[/FONT]

johndoe370, May 14, 2012 IP
  8. samilakosala

samilakosala Member

Best Answers:
    samilakosala, May 23, 2012 IP
  9. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    whats the point of that? all it does is include information already in their TOS or other parts of their site, nothing additional has been added and it looks like you have wasted their time with a bunch of questions.

Hostgator only charge to restore from their backups to cover the cost of the technicians pulling through the files.

What did suprise me when i first went with hostgator is that whmeasy isnt allowed to be installed for resellers and the backups are done weekly (not daily). In 9 months that i was with them i never had a site hacked, neither did i have a single clients site hacked.

matt_62, May 23, 2012 IP
  10. tradebizlink

tradebizlink Member

Best Answers:
    After several consideration I decide to use this hosting for my site http://trendwebhost.com/ not so expensive and stable enough.

tradebizlink, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  11. JFSG

JFSG Active Member

Best Answers:
    Their domain was registered in 2011-12-23 and their WHOIS is protected. This sure smells fishy. I doubt they are as big as they claim they are.

JFSG, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  12. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Never heard them before. Since their WHOIS protected I think it is NOT a good idea to try them.

dumindushalika, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  13. IMGold

IMGold Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When it comes to hosting, always go with the established ones (five years and above) - especially when your sites are of value and more so for money sites. Why? because, there's the silent theft that's going on for years with the so-called free hosting and "unlimited all" hosting services to lure the ignorant and naive ones. It's not baseless but two of my clients have had this experience before after hosting with a master reseller for only $50 year - all unlimited. Five months down the road, they were actually alerted by their own site visitors who happened to come acrosss another site/s with an identical website and selling the same product. Another case was the sale of databases which the seller claimed got from actual sites. You get the picture.

Dont go for cheap, do go for new but go with the established and known ones. I am not saying all the new and cheap ones are bad but then why take the risks -- that is if you valued your sites.

Best Wishes

IMGold, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  14. Dj.c

Dj.c Peon

Best Answers:
  15. johndoe370

johndoe370 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am existing reseller of photonhosting.com . I don't know how others are, but my experience with these guys are really excellent. The good thing with these guys are their support.
    alexa.com also shows they are in the business since last 7 years alexa.com/siteinfo/photonhosting.com

johndoe370, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  16. 1paket.com

1paket.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How long have they been in the IT world?

1paket.com, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  17. JFSG

JFSG Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you work for them?

JFSG, Jun 6, 2012 IP
  18. FrankBWH

FrankBWH Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to deal with companies which have reputation among webmasters to be sure in their reliability

FrankBWH, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  19. johndoe370

johndoe370 Peon

Best Answers:
    :cool: :cool:Currently I have 1 VPS (windows) and 1 reseller hosting (Linux) with photonhosting.com . Their uptime & support is excellent but price of IP is slight high.
    I do not want to change my service provider.
    Is it possible to buy IP , other than my hosting provider ?

johndoe370, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  20. yanu

yanu Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree... i am existing reseller of photonhosting.com too.

yanu, Oct 17, 2012 IP