1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any tutorials or help for starting?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by rock122, Feb 3, 2008.

1. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    another 2 cents worth. don't be too broad in your niche. and don't choose competitive niches' ie ipods, pcs, luxury cars etc. go for something more obscure where you competition is lower and your traffic easier/cheaper to get.

mcjp6, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  2. rock122

rock122 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I did it, bought hosting from hostgator and got a site running. Now just waiting for my DNS settings from my domain name to do their thing. I installed wordpress through cpanel. Can I use a blog type template for ebay affiliate stuff? And after getting approved from CJ how do I use PHPBay?

rock122, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  3. rock122

rock122 Peon

Best Answers:
    So I made the site, got it uploaded, got my domain, signed up for Commission Junction and searched for eBay, applied and got accepted instantly apparently. Now what? Do I install the PHPBay plugin and fool around with that?

rock122, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  4. marlina

marlina Peon

Best Answers:
    Tnx. I need this also. May God bless you for sharing your ideas with new starter like us!

marlina, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  5. depotgang

depotgang Peon

Best Answers:
    I would select a niche FIRST then buy a domain. Use your keywords in your domain name... SEO will be a bit easier.

I honestly would not go with a broad domain name, I would be very specific to the product I am selling. I believe being focused in the key to being successful with IM.

depotgang, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  6. rock122

rock122 Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually was thinking of making a broad domain name like one that has nothing to do with any products and then making subs off that. Like cars.mydomain.com or watches.mydomain.com is that ok? or more specific (these are just examples not what I'm doing) bmwparts.mydomain.com.

Also can all ends be used (.com, .net) etc. Can .biz be used? my friend has a .biz that's pretty good he's willing to give me.

rock122, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  7. dpatel304

dpatel304 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also just starting out and interested in using BANs. Thing is, I don't want to pay for BANs before getting accepted, but I need something to show CJ to get accepted. Will the site in my sig work? It's a completely unrelated gaming blog/forum but it is a complete site. Is that enough? Or should I build another one (I'd hate to build a site just for the purpose of getting approved, since I plan to use BANs once I am approved).

dpatel304, Feb 6, 2008 IP