1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any tips to increase traffic from yahoo.

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by toorhamza, Dec 19, 2009.

1. verdecove

verdecove Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo does not index pages as fast as Google does. My shop in online since mid October 2009 and Google has indexed about 2000 out of my 2600 pages. Yahoo has only indexed about 560 pages so far (don't even wanna talk about bing!!! lame lame lame). Anyway, due to more pages being indexed by Google 90% of my traffic comes from Google but I can see a slowly but steadily increasing traffic from Yahoo too. Not yet as much as I wished for, but I think it just takes time for new websites to get a good traffic from all search engines.
    What concerns Yahoo Answers so I have spent lots of time answering those sometimes really weird questions even a 5th grader actually could answer, but the traffic resulting out of those efforts is almost not worth the time. I rather would suggest to invest the time in SEO work of your website and to do some more keyword research. That for sure will also increase the traffic from Yahoo.

verdecove, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  2. drawer

drawer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo cares about the number of backlinks in total, even lame or dropped domain links, and keywords in the page titles. This has been said above by few guys but the point is trying to over optimize for Yahoo mite hurt ur Google position.

drawer, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  3. mahendras

mahendras Peon

Best Answers:
    mahendras, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  4. automoversny

automoversny Guest

Best Answers:
    yahoo definately will not send more traffic than google but they usually tend to have better targets

automoversny, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  5. xolala

xolala Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people use the yahoo directory, but I feel like the more cheaper method is to just advertise on blogs, sites, and forums.

xolala, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  6. manbirs

manbirs Member

Best Answers:
    google rules all the way

manbirs, Jan 10, 2010 IP