1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Tips on how to best market a Patreon crowdfunding page?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Haichi, Dec 25, 2016.

I have been struggling over the years on how to best go about funding my art creations using crowdfunding. I am a little late at this so I have had a few bad starts.

I wasted a lot of money on marketing pros who offered a whole Press Release package for hundreds of dollars just to get a bunch of useless links that gained little to no traffic to my failed Kickstarter and Gofundme campaigns.

Dejected I decided to just put up a Patreon page for the supporters I had gained and just use that page as a blog to share updates about the art with those supporters and friends as I continue working on new projects.

It has been about 10 months now so it is too late to do a 'Campaign Launch Marketing'. But but a few days ago I remembered that this Forum was really helpful to me as website owner for SEO and Link building ideas in the past. I no longer runs my websites as I did back then but I remembered that SEO and Link building was an important part of marketing online. I'm sure a lot of things have changed since I last posted a thread here.

So I was wondering if there are some marketing tips I am not using that could be applied to help my Patreon campaign page long term?

Is there some way I could improve the SEO or Links to the page to help it increase traffic?
    Maybe there is something easy I could do that I am overlooking.

Keep in mind I don't have much of a budget to work with.

Haichi, Dec 25, 2016 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    YouTube?

dcristo, Dec 25, 2016 IP
  3. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of you tubers use patreon I don't have many youtube subscribers to get the same affect but I do post videos often

Haichi, Dec 26, 2016 IP
  4. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    Listen, This guy can help you - "Gerhard Homveld" an Active Member. Click on the Forums tab at the top, look for General Business, then click on it and go to "Work at Home" and you will see his post. Click on his signature to read his blog and you can follow him because I think he has the answer to your situation. I myself was reading his blog. He teaches how to get free traffic to your blog or website from social media. It involves a little work like setting up a facebook fan-page and things like that, and I was wondering if you will find the time to that because of your art. However, the traffic is targeted traffic of high quality so it is worth making the time for.

Another thing. On Fiverr.com there are people who will do SEO work on your website for very small fee. Yes, you will get them to build back-links to your website but you must choose the person very carefully because there are persons that will give you poor work and there are people who will give you very excellent work. Every person on the website has feedback from the people they work for so you can read the feedback of the person you will be hiring and know if he or she does good work.

I am an affiliate for a top UK female internet marketer and she uses fiverr.com and encourages her affiliates to use fiverr.cm in her training programs. So don't allow anyone to discourage you. Just be careful to check the feedback of the people before you higher them.

I trust that this information will be of some help to you. Merry Christmas and may God continue to keep you and prosper you immensely throughout 2017

Proaffili, Dec 26, 2016 IP
    Haichi likes this.
  5. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks Proaffili

Haichi, Dec 29, 2016 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I know ebay doesn't allow business pages to be listed along with your profile, but https://www.etsy.com/ still does (unless they recently changed it or something). List your art work on etsy and mention your Patreon page somewhere in your profile too.

Also, what about craigslist? I constantly see artists promoting their work / business pages there. As an example: http://newyork.craigslist.org/search/ara .

qwikad.com, Dec 30, 2016 IP