1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any tips for Pre-launch marketing ?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by analyst303, Jun 15, 2016.

Hi all,

I'm working on a new website, and as for now the front page is the under construction page.
    Do you recommend to start marketing the under construction page, and if so, how ?

Regards.

analyst303, Jun 15, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Personally, I'd never market an "under construction" page. I don't see how it can benefit anything. Is there a good reason why a site that doesn't exist yet should be marketed?

qwikad.com, Jun 15, 2016 IP
  3. analyst303

analyst303 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To start building audience ?
    Some kind of a teaser...

4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Did it work for anybody in the past? Are there stats that say that it actually works?

qwikad.com, Jun 15, 2016 IP
  5. analyst303

analyst303 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually i had good experience with it in the past, when i promoted a new startup.
    While the website was under construction, we had around 50 subscribers that was interest in the product without knowing what is the product. they only knew it was related to smartphones.
    But, it was a product and maybe it's a bit different then a service or blog...

6. SocialFriend.co

SocialFriend.co Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to start marketing and you've not finished the site yet, I would go for a squeeze page to email as the landing page, so you can harvest any traffic you do get early on. Then you can try a launch sequence by email...but it's probably still best to focus your efforts on getting the website ready first so you can do a proper launch when the time is right.

SocialFriend.co, Jun 15, 2016 IP
  7. analyst303

analyst303 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You right if you have already a mailing list. But since this is a new "business" the mailing list is still empty, and I prefer not to spam other mailing lists that I have. Specially, not related to this "business".

8. SocialFriend.co

SocialFriend.co Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I meant you should put up a squeeze page in place of your website until it is ready, so you can start to build a list from the traffic you'll get if people take an interest before your site is ready. That way you can build up your list while you finish off the site.

SocialFriend.co, Jun 15, 2016 IP
  9. analyst303

analyst303 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yepp. this is what I meant as well.
    Now my question is, since we talking about under construction page and we want only to tease the people, do you have any tips or recommendations for quick marketing ?

10. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Promoting pre-launch is good if you actually have a good landing page informing people about what this is going to be. It can help to create a list, to offer them something maybe a discount or so for their first visit or purchase. If you do not have that landing page in place then it does not work and it will have negative impact. If you are dealing with physical products as well , it is worth it to have pre-launch campaigns as well.

Mehdi.b, Jun 15, 2016 IP
  11. RogueOne

RogueOne Active Member

Best Answers:
    So they had no interest in the product as that is impossible if you don't know what it is.

I've seen this exact post several times and for the life of me can't figure out why people are concerned with the "home" page of a site that doesn't exist.

RogueOne, Jun 17, 2016 IP
  12. analyst303

analyst303 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So i guess you still didn't understood... The people knew what was the product related too... they knew it should help with one of the smartphones common problems... but they still didn't knew what was the product. And still, people got subscribed (- not sure if they purchased the product or not, but i can tell you that i know 1 of them purchased the product for sure.). BUT, that was actual product, and not a service like in my case now.

And RoughOne, if you seen some people asking about that, then maybe there's something with it. This is the reason i asked about it here, to hear other people thoughts.

analyst303, Jun 17, 2016 IP
  13. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make a youtube vid selling what the website will offer, this can be insterted on the front page of the website once it goes live later on.

lanmonkey, Jun 29, 2016 IP
  14. voicelogic.com

voicelogic.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Peoples time is very precious these days, with all the information online....and if they don't like your site, or if its under construction...they will move on and find a competitor. They may even think your nuts and "not with it", to drive them to an "under construction site". Not everyone will be feeling great anticipation to view your site, after its finished construction.

I think you would be wasting peoples time, not to mention your marketing budget.

voicelogic.com, Jul 18, 2016 IP
  15. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:

If you are going to launch your website in 1-2 days it may be appropriate to advertise and promote coming soon. However, if it is going to be any more than that it could hurt. Most people don't want to go to a website that says "Coming Soon" unless they are already loyal fans of the company or person publishing that wbsite.

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  16. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start promotion your app long before its release date.
    Engage prospective customers, customers, and other fascinated people beginning and often.
    Do not ignore the significance of email in interesting “normal” customers.
    Get beginning client feedback on key features; let customers share an insurance declare in the development of the app.
    Publish put mountains to obtain enjoyment around your app.
    Use try out evaluators and influencers to help with word-of-mouth promotion.
    Get your media kit and release components in order before you publish your app for evaluation.

robinymym, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  17. skylikemake

skylikemake Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    just don't start :D

skylikemake, Feb 8, 2017 IP