1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Tata Indicom Broadband users from India? It really sucks

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by seolion, Nov 25, 2006.

I have been using tata indicom broadband all these days and felt the taste of horrible ... pathetic service from them.

Any of you use Tata Indicom broadband? What is your views on them?:(

seolion, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  2. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i was thinking to buy tata broadband - 512 kbps
    you facing low speeds ?
    if its not good ill probably turn it down look for some other provider.

forumrating, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  3. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    Problem is not with the speed, but the customer support and their infrastructure.

My experiences with them.
    situation 1:

My connection is down from Friday morning, I complained to them on Friday morning, but they closed my complaint saying that same evening some representative had called me and found that it is working fine. I DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY CALL AND IT IS STILL NOT WORKING !!
    They are real a**h*les to make a false entry like that and close the complaints.

situation 2: (real dreadful one)

I went in for an online renewal for my connection, after paying at the credit card payment gateway, getting back to their site, it showed an error page. (payment was completed, but a server error happened with their system). It took me 2 months to settle this issue and at the expense of 10 calls to customer care (average length of call - 12 mins from my mobile).

I never had a full month since last Nov in which I got uninterrupted connectivity. Every month I had to spent additional money in terms of my mobile bills (the calls I make to customer care).

IT REALLY SUCKS.. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT TAKING IT, EVEN AFTER READING THIS, I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK

seolion, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  4. forumrating

Best Answers:
    tell them, u wont money back if you cant give service, ask for compensation pack
    2 months is a lot, i would yell at my provider for 2 mins downtime , he asked me recently for extra money for service, i said you cant give me 100% downtime why would i py u anything more, instead you need to give me compensation for your issues with downtime.
    talk to the managers, just tell the call center person u want to talk to the manager, otherwise they will keep draging u

forumrating, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  5. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    My connection is still down (currently browsing using my mobile connection). I just sent an ultimatum to them to restore my connection and crediting the number of days of internet I lost due to inactive connection.

What the hell it is when customer is not the king in a service industry ?? :mad: :mad:

seolion, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  6. forumrating

Best Answers:
    you should talk to the managers
    and not the support staff, whn you call them ask them its something urgent i would like to talk to your manager or it will become a big issue.

forumrating, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  7. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Do you remember i was going to settle in banglore this year beginning, and i applied for TATA broadband services, they kept me waited for 20 days and finnaly said they cant give the net because of area problem.
    They are just crap!
    Iam enjoying BSNL here in Hyderabad, where my regular surfing goes upto 15GB/Month No downloading ;)

amitpatel_3001, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  8. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:

Lol.. I dont want to spend on another 20+ minute call.. By the time you reach to the customer care rep over call, it will take 3 mins (there is initial menu selections and waiting before they pick it up). 3 minute is bare minimum if you are lucky, I have even waited till 12 mins :eek: because I was in urgent need to get connected.
    Once you go to the customer support guy and explain things, give your user name and complaint details, it will be another 4 mins minimum, then he will say I will try my superior.. (will get back and say lines are busy, shall I try again). By this time you will be fed up and will ask to make a follow up complaint. He will think what to fill in as complaint, fill it and give me a complaint number. It will be 15 minutes minimum again if you are lucky enough. If you want to proceed with a billing complaint on this, he will redirect us to billing section and the same procedure repeats :cool:

I am even thinking of making this thread rank for Tata Indicom Broadband as more people will come to know a real user experience :p

seolion, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  9. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    amitpatel_3001, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  10. forumrating

Best Answers:
    one more reason why it sux
    no toll free number

forumrating, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  11. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got a call from them after I sent the ultimatum, they said, they are trying to know the status from field engineer.

seolion, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  12. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got my connection restored today, would have got it on Monday itself, but I am responsible for it.

Mine is a residential connection and I will not be available in my place on working hours. They didn't inform me to be available in home on Monday, and finally they called me and told that I wasn't available when they went. So I fixed appointment for today and connection is restored.

My problem doesn't end there..

They are charging me even for the days my net was inactive, haven't yet received any message regarding credit of those days in my account.

So my last mail was for that..

seolion, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  13. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    All ISPs are like that in India. There is nothing like "customer satisfaction" in the industry.

My ISP youtele.com is no better. Goes down at least 1-2 days every month.

sachin410, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  14. forumrating

Best Answers:
    they are just taking advantage since not many private companies which have potential for huge investments in this sector, once more companies jump in, they will come and give you service at your door step to retain customers.

forumrating, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  15. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    Updates on my complaint on my Tata Indicom Broadband Connection.

In total there was a downtime of nearly 1 month when my account was about to expire in Nov 13th.
    I decided not to renew my account as I was sure I am not going to get 100% (even 75%) of what I am going to pay as monthly renewal fee.

I informed them that I am not going to renew my subscription unless they give credit for the downtime.

Now see what their customer service is.. No credits yet (its 12th jan now - nearly 2 months !!)

I want to fight with them in SEO's way..
    My blog post saying that their service is bad is currently ranking at 53rd position in google.com for Tata Indicom Broadband .. I want it to be pushed ahead and get placed in front of the hapless preys of them and probable customers. :mad:

If you have been affected by them, please join me in kicking them out of the industry..

seolion, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  16. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    I see you at 52 in google now ;)
    Amit

amitpatel_3001, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  17. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    None of the brands are upto mark, Airtel promises me 128 kb/s transfer
    But I get only 2-10 kb, when I asked them , they have just changed the terms and conditions saying bandwidth upto 128 kb will be given (which means now they can give 1 kb/s bandwidth)

By the way I lost $1000 by buying an arcamax laptop, as they are unable to fix the issue with the laptop, the laptop is still in gurantee period, but they are denying to replace saying that the laptop is tampered, they are saying it will cost at least $500 to fix the issue

Beware of arcamax india computers, tell all your friends about it

it career, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  18. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    Can you send me a details post on your issue regarding this arcamax so i can spread the word like wild fire :p

amitpatel_3001, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  19. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dont Take Tata Its Suc*king

leandar, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  20. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Amit, Nice to get a reply from one of the star of digital point

I have detailed it at http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=216007 (underground thread)
    Arcmax Computer India is now asking around $500 approximately to fix the laptop. They have also told me the gurantee is void since I had opened the laptop myself (I had to take out the battery to travel by air, as few days back the security in airport was tightened)

it career, Jan 12, 2007 IP