1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any suggestions welcome - Royalty free images project of mine to support the idea of free internet..

Discussion in 'Websites' started by helmuc, Oct 2, 2015.

Hi guys,

More and more precedents do come up with cases where website owners are penalised (and not by G) for using images that they don't have rights to use.

Some time ago I created a royalty free (public domain) photo website www.artforweb.co.uk to support the idea of free internet. Originally I wanted to share vector graphics done by myself, but I'm way too busy for that.. So, I did upload a bunch of royalty free photos and after my canon 7d died - I left it to be.

Last week I bought myself a new camera (used canon 5d) and decided to add more images to the project.

I would love to hear any constructive suggestions regarding the content and website itself.

Meanwhile, feel free to use any of these photos for your blogs, websites or any other projects.. Do you need some specific photos that are shot in the UK? .. let me know and I might help you out..

few samples:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please don't crucify me - photography is just a hobby of mine and lets me to escape the daily stress :)

enjoy the weekend,
    H

p.s. all the photos are shot by me and can be used for both personal and commercial projects even without an attribution.

helmuc, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well... you're actually in a bit of a grey area with a couple of those photos - they're taken by you, and that's fine, you're allowed to distribute them as you see fit, and slap any kind of license on them - but two of them have trademarks in them, which means those two photographs doesn't necessarily belong in the public domain - which might (if they would go and play hardball) get you in trouble.
    Just saying.
    As for the project itself, I laud it - it's always good to have free images available.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 3, 2015 IP