1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any SEO difference between WordPress Pages or Posts?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by photohead, Jan 29, 2015.

I am currently redesigning my website on WordPress so its responsive. The designer suggests creating some of my main topics as posts instead of pages as he can group them together more easily on the site. My question is...is there any difference to how these would be seen by Google? Would the content rank the same whether it is called a page or a post?

Trying to silo my pages and apparently easier to do if they are posts.

photohead, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is a taxonomy issue. The developer is correct. Posts are just that.... posts, news bites and so on. Pages are for static things like about us, contact etc.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  3. RickHamell

RickHamell Member

Best Answers:
    You can also use Pages to Catalog a number of related posts for usability. SEO wise I don't think it makes much difference.

RickHamell, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  4. neteater

neteater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    pages are for more static thing which will not change, also pages give quick access to user then to post, like your about us, moneyback policy,contact us, investor relation, media release need to be put on pages.

neteater, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  5. photohead

photohead Member

Best Answers:
    I've been doing a little research while waiting for some replies here which backs up what you say that for main pages I would like to rank I think "Pages" are the best choice. not to say that posts wont rank well either if optimised correctly but pages sound like a more permanent solution. The answer from yourself and a couple of others on here have helped along with this this explanation that pages are like the fixed parts of Facebook and the posts are like the news feed made my mind up. http://ashcampbell.com/pages-vs-posts-an-seo-perspective/

photohead, Feb 2, 2015 IP