1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Review for my Travel Blog?..

Discussion in 'Websites' started by allbest, Apr 23, 2016.

?

Shall I add another category?

1. All categories are enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Travel Essays around the World by Visitors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hello all,
    I opened a new blog in English and it's based on holiday in Turkey. But also I share different destinations.

Here it is: aroundturkeyandmore.blogspot.com

I added it Google, Bing and Yandex. Plus, it has Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus channels. I also opened a tumblr to share its photos with links.

What do you suggest me and what can I do for better?
    Thank you very much,
    Regards..

ps: If you want to write a travel essay, I'd like to publish it with your name and surname. Also I put your website link (but link doesn't clicked, like in here).

allbest, Apr 23, 2016 IP
  2. StephanieL

StephanieL Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    There are some things that I think will improve your website:

1. The grammar is not very good, especially in the subheading of your site. "Your next journey can be Turkey; but you've some questions. Okay, calm down and search in there what you wonder..." is filled with errors. It should say something like: "Have some questions about journeying to Turkey? Settle down, we have all you need right here..."

2. Also, the titles of your blog posts are not very exciting. You have to try to convince people that they want to read your post. None of these titles do that. Your first post is titled:
    "Railway Transportation in Turkey". This is very bland. Try "All You Need to Know About Railway Transportation in Turkey".

Here are some examples of engaging blog post titles: http://blog.adsrevenue.com/
    Engaging titles will suggest that there is value for the reader inside the post, just like the post titled "Build a Business from Scratch with Just 4 Apps". It makes potential readers wonder what those 4 magical apps are and how they can help start a business.

StephanieL, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  3. allbest

allbest Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much. I changed first one right now and will care about titles more. Many thanks...
    I was adding hashtags for posts on twitter and tumblr; but I agree with you, titles should be better. Thank you very much...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    allbest, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Don't tell people to
    • calm down
    • settle down
    • hurry up
    unless you know that's appropriate. It's a very bad way to talk to people.
    Nooo, use something like "Train Passes for Turkey" or "Intercity trains for tourists in Turkey"

I doubt any tourist has ever used the word "transportation" in a google search.

[​IMG]

this photo looks like it's of a brand new train. Take a photo next time you are on one of how they look these days.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    sarahk, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting. I suggest you look for a blog niche relevant to yours, something that you can use as an example on how you'll design your travel blog site. Images looks good but I suggest you use your own, I believe it has a big impact to your readers. I do have a blog before, same as yours (though I wasn't able to maintain it) and I use my own images and it makes me feel like it helps me create credibility, most especially if you are suggesting or giving tips to your readers.

Patricia Ann Lee, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  6. allbest

allbest Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much Sarah.. I thought it in Turkish I guess. We use it kindly, also; but if it looks rough, I will change?..
    Photos.. :) I sadly will use on this way. If you look at city contents, there're better photos, but cause of copyright issue I use only photos from formal websites. It's easy to ban a website. :(

Thank you very much Patricia.
    Almost each page, there's a minimum one photo. Even in first page, one of them is mine. I've an account in Flickr and Instagram. There's a huge archive and yes, mostly I try to add one of my relevant photos. I've a question for you: All photos are includes my name. If I use it on my blog, I cut that area and then I upload it to the blog. So, I shouldn't cut my name on the photo and people able to see it. Right?..

allbest, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  7. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I saw your url, I was about to tell you to start your own travel blog with your own domain. However when I opened the site, I was pleased with the design and the template you have chosen, good choice.

DP1.jpg

You can see from the picture above, I cannot see the top right hand box and the three boxes on the left, so either try to change them with some other code and check the image. And if possible keep a background image or a header image with a nice beautiful scenery or a Turkish flag. Let the feeling of coming to / being to Turkey get into the eyes of the visitor ;)

China_girl, Apr 30, 2016 IP
  8. allbest

allbest Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much my friend. I don't know why can't you see some of these boxes. First one on the left is for following Tumblr, second one is same for Twitter, and third one is a banner from booking. On right side, another banner from booking. I'll consider a scenery as a header image.
    Many thanks again and again... :)

allbest, May 2, 2016 IP
  9. nicelooker

nicelooker Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is a good attempt to introduce the touristic locations of Turkey to foreigners. I cannot say anything about the grammar, since im also Turkish :), however, it seems a good start. But let me tell you something that i would do if i established such a website;
    • I would definitely choose .com domain which is brand-able.
    • I would use Wordpress as cms with question and answer plugin. It can increase the interactivity among visitors in your site.
    • I would use a clean and easy to use wordpress theme.
    • Also I would publish some events which can attract tourists' attention.
    I guess you didnt do these, because it needs investing a bit money; so you didnt want to take some risks.
    Turkey is a good touristic country, although this year we have some crisis in tourism because of the ongoing conflicts with Russia, still Turkey is one of the best countries for tourists.
    So, there is no reason with good content for your website to be visited by lots of tourists per day. And that means you can make lots of money with adsense.

Anyway, these were my humble opinions, good luck!

nicelooker, May 24, 2016 IP
  10. allbest

allbest Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    events... i'm going to do something about it. but previous three are up to budget, and i've not enough for them.
    thank you very much.. :)

allbest, Jun 4, 2016 IP