1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any real coffee drinkers here?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, Jun 3, 2015.

I usually drink 3-4 large cups between 7 - 10 am. Always freshly ground beans.

What coffee brand do you prefer and why?

qwikad.com, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  2. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi. I drink Maxwell House Lite. It's a half the caffeine blend. I drink it almost every day. Sometimes I get a treat and get fresh ground at McDonalds in the form of a magical sweet icey concoction - Mocha Frappe. My doctor told me "NO CAFFEINE", so I have to behave most of the time. A really good coffee comes out of louisville Kentucky - you can find it in a lot of hotel rooms.

Karen May Jones, Jun 3, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the reply. This is interesting. My wife got me the McDonalds coffee (already ground) from a local chain store and I thought it was great. Not as good as the coffee I grind myself though.

I do like locally roasted coffee. The truth is the majority of coffee roasters in the US ship their green coffee beans from the same countries, however, how they roast it will have a huge impact on the coffee's flavor.

I used to travel extensively in KY, who knows, maybe I tried that coffee you've mentioned in your post.

qwikad.com, Jun 3, 2015 IP
    SocialSignals likes this.
  4. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tend towards 1 large cup and a small one, from 7 up to 20-22 pm

SocialSignals, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I will probably be viewed as a heretic on this thread, but my wife and I do not drink coffee (though she will have an occasional flavored ice coffee from Dunkin Donuts.) We are heavy tea drinkers. I have three VERY large cups of hot tea in the morning and then drink iced tea throughout the afternoon. I have to stop the caffeine intake by 5pm or I will not sleep well that night.

If coffee only tasted as good as it smelled brewing, I would probably be a big coffee drinker. I live within a few miles of an Autocrat coffee factory and if I am on the highway around evening rush hour, they are usually roasting the beans and the smell is wonderful (this is driving in a car at 70 mph with windows closed...the smell is that strong!)

jrbiz, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    @jrbiz But coffee DOES taste as good as it smells while being brewed! :)

@SocialSignals So I assume it doesn't impact your sleep if you drink it that late? The funny thing is sometimes it impacts my sleep negatively and sometimes it doesn't if I drink it that late in the evening.

Some interesting facts I heard from one guy who owned a coffee roasting business:

- You shouldn't store green coffee beans for more than 3 years
    - You shouldn't store roasted coffee beans for more than 3 months
    - You shouldn't store ground coffee for more than 3 days

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    qwikad.com, Jun 4, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The same here. Sometimes I slept as soon as I placed my head on the pillow, other times it's that horrible feeling of being awake at 4 with no sign of sleep, the mind going berserk :D .
    Actually, I have to edit my inital respone, 2 large cups and 1 smaller are days when I think I haven't drank "too much coffee".

I think coffe affects sleep cycles, at least more often then not. But it's defenitively not as protrayed.
    Might arrive with years though... :(

SocialSignals, Jun 4, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  8. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to put a little sugar and milk in my coffee before I can drink it. I make it strong so it is just right when I dilute it with milk. I cannot stand black coffee. So bitter.

When I was younger, I used to enjoy sucking on coffee beans. Put it in my mouth and bite into it every now and then to release flavor. I did not start drinking coffee regularly until 6 years ago. Before that, I drank tea and when I was younger I was heavy on the Coca-Cola and Mountain Dew. The only thing drinking one or two 2-liter bottles of soda a day does is pack on the weight.

Coffee has become such a part of my morning ritual it does not feel right without it. I grab a coffee and sit down in front of the computer and I am in the zone. :)

billzo, Jun 4, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm a total coffee addict. I drink maybe 2l per day at all hours.

I actually like to get a nice cup of coffee in the evening when the kids are sleeping and it's quiet so I can work and won't fall asleep behind the screen. If for some reason I haven't had coffee for 24 hours, I get a headache, which only goes away after a cup of coffee. I drink it strong and black.

I agree with everyone on McDonald's coffee, it is good. I travel a lot and in many Southern European countries they just don't know how to make (or import!?!) good coffee, McDonald's can be a lifesaver then :)

syda, Jun 4, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  10. Nicholas Goddard

Nicholas Goddard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm very picky when it comes to coffee. The absolute minimum for a day is at least 3 normal cups. First cup must be black, no sugar, cream or anything else. The aroma of a freshly made coffee completely hazes me.

Few days ago a friend of mine wanted to treat me with an instant type of coffee. I just couldn't bring myself to even tasting it.

Nicholas Goddard, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  11. ThinkMoores

ThinkMoores Member

Best Answers:
    me..i drink coffee very morning...i cant eat my breakfast without coffee

ThinkMoores, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  12. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Valhalla Java and Death Wish coffee.

No cream or sugar.

Rebecca, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  13. sparky5693

sparky5693 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I have a choice it's Intelligentsia house blend.

sparky5693, Jun 9, 2015 IP
  14. Akram Khunaizi

Akram Khunaizi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I drink 6 to 7 mugs every day
    No milk.. No sugar
    I am also a professional in making coffee cake ;)
    I may mail you some of my homemade cupcakes :cool:

Akram Khunaizi, Jun 16, 2015 IP
  15. Knight_Dark26

Knight_Dark26 Active Member

Best Answers:
    me.i drink very morning and very night..

Knight_Dark26, Jun 27, 2015 IP