1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any one tried Phpcow?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by icare, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    ????
    Honestly, it might be better if you spoke in your native tongue and let us try to translate then for for you to keep posting these cryptic pearls of wisdom. Now go away, or I shall be forced to taunt you a second time.

Capper, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  2. HLHardwareEditor

HLHardwareEditor Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like someone in this thread is quoting Biff from Back to the Future...

[​IMG]

HLHardwareEditor, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  3. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats sad, yet entertaining at the same time is that he thinks he has/or is making a point. I've gotten to where I almost hope he posts something here to brighten my day.

He goes on and on about abuse, but seems to the one posting insult (I think they're meant as insults) after insult.

I've never seen a fan-boi like this, well besides that Britney Spears fan boi that was on YouTube.....wait, it might be the same guy!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWSjUe0FyxQ

Capper, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  4. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep amusing yourself.
    It takes above average IQ to understand what i am saying. Nothing cryptic if you have that.

HyTC, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  5. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    Updating the thread......

We moved our site to another CMS. The new CMS is nowhere near as polished as PHPCOW. In spite of the issues we've had, we've always tried to maintain a dialogue with the PHPCOW staff, and have passed ideas and suggestions back and forth.....for which I will give them a lot of credit.

After talking with them this weekend, I think they understand that our issue was more the communication with staff than the software, and a lot of issues were discussed and solutions provided. First and foremost, they listen, and are creating a support forum, which will cut down on support tickets, miscommunications, and allow users to pass around ideas and suggestions......to me a huge issue, and improvement for them.

In the end, I applaud PHPCOW for listening....If they implement a forum, and work together with their customers.....along with the other features they are working on, I think their CMS can and will be by far the best available.

Capper, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  6. SuperSub

SuperSub Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't use phpCow if I were you, they suck horribly.

Here's why:

- All their source code is encrypted, want to add features to your site? Sorry no can do...
    - They dont offer refunds at all, their script could break and if they can't fix it they will tell you it's your host bla bla bla like they did to me
    - So you want to transfer your license to another domain? Well apparantly thats out of the question too! So your stuck with it on that one domain..
    - Basically when you pay them any money, you're not going to see that money again....ever...

I made the mistake of wasting several hundred dollars on them, I would highly advise you not to make the same mistake.

SuperSub, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  7. cmstom

cmstom Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Source is encrypted but template is 100% customizable. Advanced PHP developers can use custom function and API though.
    2. refunds not available once the license is issued and that's normal
    3. Transfering license to another URL is restricted
    4. When you pay the money you get an excellent system with 18 ready to run template which is definitely worth of $100

SuperSub , a lot of customers use them http://www.phpcow.com/?c=121 so I don't think they suck honestly. Are you the customer or one of those persons that competitor companies hire to post just negative content on forums? lol shame on you.

cmstom, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  8. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Many who want to clone or come closer to features of "Big Sites" but have no matching "BIG budget" just enter into mode of self consolation and repeatedly say --- "It Sucks". One of big dreamers wanted a custom template by paying 20$ a month. Guess they haven't seen the "UNIQUE PRICE" of a design on templatemonster. They are the one's who SUCK really -- No Offense meant.

HyTC, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  9. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    We moved to another CMS, which ended up being an awful experience......they had a demo that seemed incredible....until you paid for it, uploaded it to your server, and tried to use any of the "advanced" features. At first I thought the CMS was great, but then I, and several others had major issues, the support was terrible.....and they don't offer refunds.

Even after leaving PHPCOW, we talked to them often about ideas to make their product better, website issues, and other things.....

After our experience with the other CMS, I moved our site back to PHPCOW.... While we did have major communication issues (As I said a few times, our problems were 90% support, 10% software), i will chalk some of that up to server issues, some up to language differences, and some up to both sides being frustrated.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been working with them on ideas, and getting updates on their next release, V3.0, which is supposed to be a major upgrade over the current release, which is far better than the other programs we've tested over the past month.

Capper, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  10. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

I was looking at PHPCow, and it does seem like an interesting script. However, I am concerned about customer support - especially since there is no forum. Can someone clarify something for me? Does HyTC represent PHPCow? Thanks.

Rich

richrf, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  11. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    He says no, as do they....

I've spent a lot of time talking to them over the last couple of weeks, and one of the major projects they are working on is a forum to give people a place to get and give help, and toss around ideas.

I was looking at different "review" sites for programs, and noticed that all of the user reviews and testimonials are pretty much garbage. I wil say that PHPCOW has several different websites that they link, and they encourage you to ask these people their opinions of PHPCOW, and almost all of those people seem very happy.

I've tried PHPCOW, Article Manager, ArticleLive, Vivvo, and a few others.....PHPCOW is the easiest to work with and has the best features....a big bonus point for the ease of creating templates or using one of their several premade templates.

PHPCOW
    + Easiest to work with, you can do just about anything with it
    + Great template system, you can make your own, or use one of theirs
    + V3.0, which is due by the end of the year will have several nice upgrades, and hopefully a new editor
    - Encrypted software means no customization
    - We had some issues with Customer Service, hopefully this is a past issue.

Capper, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  12. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Capper,

Thanks for the additional info.

Rich

richrf, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  13. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate to say it, but I don't think you really help PHPCOW or members. I understand your heart is in the right place, but when people are frustrated or upset, the last thing they want or need is for some combative person spewing stuff at them. I think a much better course of action is to either not post, or to try to point people in the right direction....either helping them, pointing out facts, or sending them to someone who can/wants to help.

Capper, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  14. SuperSub

SuperSub Peon

Best Answers:
    cmstom you obviously own/work for PHPCow, so your obviously going to 100% defend phpCow.

Encryption of the source code is a MAJOR problem, what if you want to add things to your admin panel, or customise your script - say create Mods ? That not possible with this software because most of it is encrypted.

That is the major reason why i stopped using it after 2 weeks, you guys don't give refunds either which is another pain in the ass.

This software is OK if you just want to run a SIMPLE news site and that's about it.

I wont be using this product again, and i would strongly advise people who are to consider their options thoroughly because once your purchase this software there is no way you can get your money back.

SuperSub, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  15. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a new site on branded license and custom template

nycapitolnews.com
    Not a small group or something.
    Yup best suited for news / magazine sites.
    Have a budget of 6-8K and PM me. Everything is doable with right budget.
    In 100$ if one dreams of cloning CNN forbes or such big name it's sheer misplaced dreams.

For those who rant on encrypted source code, try drupal
    Here's a heavily customized site based on drupal
    theonion.com

So choice is on buyers before buying.

Cheers

HyTC, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  16. phpcow

phpcow Guest

Best Answers:
    While we see the post is quite popular, any interested parties can take a look at Capper's website: hardwarelogic.com to see that currently there is no problem with this website or customer so 6 page of forum post so far was nothing more then a waste of time.

You can check some Live sites of phpcow at phpcow.com/?c=121

Also, 3 New Skin were just announced: Google News, MySpace and much awaited CNN Reloaded skin phpcow.com/?c=146

thank you

phpcow, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  17. cmstom

cmstom Peon

Best Answers:
    SuperSub yes I work for PHPCow and with many other companies to promote the product as that's how I earn money. Any problem??

3 great skin for PHPCow customers: Google News, MySpace News, New CNN

cmstom, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  18. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's another site just 3 months old based on custom templating and branded license.

odisha.in

That's PHPCow!

In less than three months (launched august 15th 2007) it has PR4 on Google. No link exchange or link submission.

Doing Such sites needs appropriate matching budget.

Cheers
    HyTC

HyTC, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  19. cmstom

cmstom Peon

Best Answers:
    *** CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ***

Templates of Giant Media Site for FREE with PHPCow CMS System.

New CNN Skin has been created. PHPCow.com contains high quality, easy to edit and customize HTML web templates for FREE with PHPCow License.

Small businesses start to purchase the hosted license for $15.00/Mo. Lifetime license is also available for $100 in addition with current Christmas Special: BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE!

Subscription allows customers to download and use the templates without incurring additional or ongoing fees for use.

All designs and skins are created In-house by PHPCow design team and integrated into the software with demo data. It does not violate any copyright laws although it may look visibly similar to certain popular sites. The idea here is to demonstrate the power and flexibility of software to incorporate any design knowing just plain HTML/CSS and no PHP skills needed.

New templates are added to the website on a regular basis giving subscribers access to a growing collection of high quality templates.

The PHPCow can be accessed by clicking the following URL: http://www.phpcow.com
    Templates at http://www.phpcow.com/?c=146

cmstom, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  20. bsdpowa

bsdpowa Banned

Best Answers:
    I was thinking of purchasing phpCow now that they have a discount (100$ for two licences) but after reading all those comments...I'm not sure anymore.

bsdpowa, Dec 13, 2007 IP