1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any one tried Phpcow?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by icare, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    HyTC, defender of the truth, butcher of all things grammar, PHPCOW hero......you are SO noble!!!!!

Like I said, its all a matter of credibility, and you have none in my opinion.......it takes a few minutes to find several people with the same experience I've had.......As I said, 90% of the problem was the people, 10% the software. I do applaud you guys fro defending your meal ticket....its funny no one has posted in this thread for so long, until I pointed out someone changing my post (who uses the same stellar grammar found in your posts)....then suddenly a group of people who have never posted on these forums before, suddenly show up in this thread attacking me for sharing my experiences.....

Capper, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  2. HLHardwareEditor

HLHardwareEditor Peon

Best Answers:
    Crimany Rich, stop posting! Every time you add a comment, PHPCow/cmstom/HyTC get oodles of new customers and contacts. If this thread makes it to page 6, he'll...er, they'll be in charge of the entire interwebs and all other CMS options will be out business!!!111one

HLHardwareEditor, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  3. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, maybe I should ask for a refund now that I've brought in so many new customers for them.....shoot they should definitely raise their prices to $105 or $106 with the high demand .

Capper, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  4. HLHardwareEditor

HLHardwareEditor Peon

Best Answers:
    That's still about $107 more than the program's worth, but an interesting thought nonetheless.

HLHardwareEditor, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  5. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    I love this....I am thinking they get paid by the post.....
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/search.php?searchid=6501103
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/search.php?searchid=6501133
    Is there any moderators for this site? i mean seriously, someone should have addressed this long ago.
    Uh oh......HyTC must be swamped with all those new customers, he hasn't posted in a few minutes now........that or he's thinking of a new and creative way to butcher a post........He must have been the model for Roman Maroni in "Johnny Dangerously"

Capper, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  6. henryb

henryb Member

Best Answers:
    I investigaed several news oriented CMSes for a friend a while ago.

If you are looking for a CMS for newspaper to install on a shared account, PROPS would be a good answer

http://props.sourceforge.net/

It is a free open source system written in PHP/MySQL that is used by several real newspapers.Their templating system is flexible and you can make it work with custom design.

PhpCow while looks good is sold as as an encrypted script, so if it does not do what you want or work as you expect - you are out of luck.

henryb, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  7. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    henry, thats an interesting looking solution, have you used it? could you point out some things you like and dislike about it, and maybe link me to a site that uses it?

Capper, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  8. henryb

henryb Member

Best Answers:
    Capper,

No, I just installed it and looked at the code to find out how easy would it be to customize.

They have pretty impressive page of sites that are using it:

http://props.sourceforge.net/props_in_action.php

Some of them look childish, but several sites in spanish look very professional.

henryb, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  9. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually very nice. I've been reading the documentation. i might download this later and give it a spin.....thanks for the link and referral.

Capper, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  10. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    props hasn't seen development updates since Oct 2005.
    Here's a free one which is actively developed and has custom paid support available for those who may need.

campware.org/en/camp/campsite_news/

Installation/configuring/post install handling can be real fun though :)

Cheers
    HyTC

HyTC, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  11. henryb

henryb Member

Best Answers:
    campware.org is also good. Can not be installed on a shared account though.

I don't think there is a time race going on in magazine scripts. If you can buy a commercial printer that is 2 years old, 2 years old system for a magazine website is also good enough.

henryb, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  12. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Capper is on a dedicated box.

Cheers
    HyTC

HyTC, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  13. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    A couple of things to add here.

HyTC mentioned users on a shared server, and ridiculed my dedicated box. We started off on a shared server recommended by PHPCOW, and basically had to move after 2 months because of problems, over the four different hosting companies, we've used several different configurations, shared, V-Dedicated, and finally dedicated (which we went to because PHPCOW told us to).

Last week, after seeing my post here complaining, PHPCOW banned my account and email so i cannot get support for a program I paid for. okay, so we decided to use the program just long enough to get switched to another program.

There are a couple more lines in there, just basically scolding me for posting here while asking them questions in a support ticket.....to which I'll point out that PHPCOW is the only CMS I've come across which doesn't have a support forum.....If you'll notice in one sentence they say there are no bugs or problems, but three sentences before that they say there is a patch coming to address all the glitches and problems. you should also notice the line where they say that they have been nice to me at least since George/Andy have answered my inquiries. I will say their service has improved a bit, but considering what was paid for the program, I expect mcuh better programming and support than we got.

I've had problems with a .swf file, I could not upload any of the .swf files (ads) to the PHPCOW program. No previews like usual, etc. Finally i had asked them to look into it, and they were able to upload it after some tinkering......but again, theres a problem, the image works fine in Firefox, but is an empty box in IE, I didn't upload this file, the PHPCOW staff did because again, we couldn't get the program to work.

I also purchased a professional template, and have had issues getting it to play nice with my articles, and it won't validate, which has always been a problem with PHPCOW. I asked the PHPCOW staff, and the only response I got was it was an HTML issue, which wasn't PHPCOWs problem. In an effort to get the template working, I contacted the template maker, who told me:
    getting yet another opinion, I asked another expert and got:

We tried removing all of the code, and there were still errors preventing validation........so to try the template itself out, we entered the code for it directly into the validator, and it worked perfectly.......yet again, PHPCOW insists the problem isn't theirs.

since they have banned our email, for no other reason than posting our experience here, and commenting on a post we didn't make, we have no way of solving issues.....which I guess doesn't matter as PHPCOW will never admit to any sort of responsibility at all anyway. So there you have it, four hosting solutions, numerous emails from people with similar experiences, banned from their support system for sharing my experience, and interaction with several external people who all point to PHPCOW as at least part of the problem.....along with an email from them verifying all of this, and pointing out they are working on a patch to fix all problems, then saying there are no problems...... mind boggling.

Lastly, check out HyTCs activity here on the forums, it adds up to nothing more than a PHPCOW advertising effort, going to various threads simply recommending people to PHPCOW.......you should be banned.

Capper, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  14. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Capper:

If we are able to convince clients and do business what's your problem. You are not the big lord here. Don't get bugged. We are pretty expensive and so not many can afford our services and those who do refer us to others. Yes your host is to blame if your site is slow. No one else can sort that problem out. Someone on a 89$ VPS with just his site has a server response time of 40 seconds as tested from 30+ locations. This is even for a non DB page. Who takes the blame. Host of course. DEFINITELY HOST. Check and spend time on server tuning guides and it will do good things to you. Yes if you abuse (like you do) any company would block you. We surely would if you were our client and used abusive language. If you know server administration your site slowness can be sorted out. Contact me if you need solutions. If you just want to keep ranting then carry on.

We don't have as much free time as you have. Sorry. It seems that you are a very special case and never try to sort problems out but only try to create problems and even go to extent of being abusive and when you have locked out all your support options you just waste more time on story telling. No wonder it took you 18 months for 180 articles when sites are growing @ 200/Month. A custom site just completed on 15 August is a 250+ news site now. If things were as bad as you say, they wouldn't have done more than 20. Problem is you carry communications on email to forum and vice versa. No sensible person would really like to deal with you given your attitude. You are really not looking for a service provider. You are looking for a Bonded Labor. No one would ever work for you with this attitude of yours. Chill man.

And yes if 100+ phpcow sites can be hosted on one machine with sites doing as high as 12000 visitors/day (webalizer) then a dedicated box which cannot run a single site with 180 articles and 50K forum posts needs to be ridiculed for sure, unless you are on a celeron with 512 MB ram for 279$/Mo

Good luck.
    HyTC

HyTC, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  15. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, been busy with some other things, but i want to take a few moments to address this clown.

1. I stated from the beginning the problem was 90% the people, and 10% the application. Sadly, PHPCOW cannot take constructive criticism, or suggestions without becoming defensive, or combative. I have several emails that back this up, most from Joseph, some from other members after posting here. Let me reiterate....if I spend good money on something, I expect to be able to make suggestions, complain if there is a problem, and raise issues I see. Every single time, PHPCOW staff takes anything brought up as a personal attack, when thats not the point at all.

2. Server issues and server load......we switched servers 4 times, the first three were all PHPCOW recommendations, the fourth worked fine, but was too expensive. since trying another CMS, our server load has dropped tremendously.....but its never PHPCOW, its always someone elses fault.

3. I will say that PHPCOW could easily be the best CMS out there, if the people running their customer support weren't so combative. No other CMS is as customizable, and it really fit all of our needs, but again, dealing with their support was a crap shoot....one time they were nice, the next, not so much (As pointed out several times, we were far from the only ones to have this issue).

Lastly, show me a website like mine, which publishes 200+ reviews a month....just one......

Capper, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  16. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Capper,

Take a decision.
    Either you are communicating here.
    Or you are sending me PM's asking me to assist you wrt resolving your issues with PHPCOW.

You are really sick man.
    Sorry i am not interested in you any more. Visit a doc i say again. I can't post your PM message to me here. PM means private and i respect that.
    Regarding a reference site you are not a would be client for us so we don't think we need to provide you with any thing. If you cannot be sane enough we are not here to provide evidences to a moron like you. And BTW we don't take entities like you as client for sure as clients like you are more of a NUISANCE Value than anything else. Go visit phpcow.com and you will find 200+ sites listed there. Go and verify with each testimonial posted whether they are real or fake before just puking on forum. I know they are real because 3 sites in testimonial we had done custom templating. WRT Site doing 200 news/month it was never stated that it's a review site. Please read with your eyes OPEN and when you are not drunk you moron. WRT to your new found happiness we will talk when your honeymoon period with the software is over. I bet it will be a case of "History Repeated"

First a happy honeymoon period
    Then a phase where you start hurling abuses
    Then a phase where you try to sort out issues by being abusive again.
    Then A Switch.

I am pretty sure after the new version (due for release sometime during this year end) you will go thru same cycle again.

No wonder INTEL doesn't consider you worthy of being offered test samples. Go abuse them.

PS: Don't PM me asking for help to sort your problems with phpcow. We do not specialize as Mediators. Talk to your attorney for that. You can hurl as many abuses as you have in your so called arsenal. It doesn't stick on me.

Good Luck
    Bye

HyTC, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  17. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    Here we go again, you making accusations that are baseless, and factually inaccurate.....you're a liar. And I think its sad that you skirt the issue doing the exact thing you keep accusing me of......being unprofessional, being rude, making idiotic statements, etc.

As to contacting you via PM, I felt it best, as all I asked you to do was to pass along to the other PHPCOW staff that they need to unblock my email (which they didn't ban for me being rude, only for posting here). If you'd like I can just post that PM here.....which you want to make me seem like an ass, insinuating what was said, but then say you can't post it because its private.....heres my PM:
    Lets see.....you call me really sick, tell me to see a doc, call me a moron, a nuisance, you say I'm drunk, call me a moron again......whose abusing whom.....I think all in alll I've been as nice as possible with you......but like everything else that comes out of your mouth, theres little to no truth to it.

Last week, you talked about the THOUSANDS of sites using PHPCOW, and even after all my "advertising for them here', bringing in a whole bunch of business, you now say 200.

As to being abusive, Use Google bud, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of people with the exact same experience I've shared.

Lastly, when you try to bash my site, you first talk about content and 200+ articles a month....so what was your point, that my site posts three articles a week that we write ourselves? I mean, I could post 200+ blurbs a month, but With a staff of 12-15, its hard to generate that much content trying to put out a quality review.

So first you have no problems making comments, and evidently either making things up, or getting them from PHPCOW (who you don't work with or for wink wink), and I simply ask you to pass along a note, after YOU offered to help, and you want to turn around and act like this.

Here it is........one more comment from you, and I'll start posting your ABUSIVE emails and PMS.....coupled with the stuff you keep posting where......it should really paint a good picture of you.

As to me and my site, my integrity is beyond question, and I could list reference after reference from companies, including AMD and INTEL who can vouche for me.

I'm done playing games, and at this point, you should probably just shut up and slink back to the PHPCOW offices.

Capper, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  18. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank You for your kind words and Bye.

Cheers
    HyTC

HyTC, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  19. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    ah, faced with logic, and facts, and you have to leave......how convenient. I'm sure ultraduo will be along at any moment.

I'm also sure that anyone who has read through the entire thread has a pretty good idea of whats what, whose being honest, who isn't, and who is being abusive.

As I've said more than a few times, if my experience isn't enough, use Google and form your own opinion.

Capper, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  20. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup sure. It's impossible to wake up a man who is pretending to be sleeping. really impossible.

HyTC, Sep 21, 2007 IP