1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any one tried Phpcow?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by icare, Jan 8, 2006.

1. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i appreciate your sense of humour when caught on wrong foot.
    Keep spending time posting baseless allegations (your recent clueless bot one). Well u go thru your posts and remove it from there. Again a lie and a presumption. It was picked from your post (your site name) otherwise i would have never in my dream reached that site. Yes it is incredible for those who know html/css/js for custom things. For those who know no html they turn up a search page which needs a filter to view the results.

PS: Refer your post which you did in jul 2006 and edited yesterday. The site name is there. Oh you may say you did not post that :)

Cheers
    HyTC

HyTC, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  2. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    Capper, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  3. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    There would be many who have their dislikes for Ferrari or Benz for obvious reasons. There would be many if you search networksolutions/paypal/godaddy/. What are you trying to prove. Yes there will always be unhappy clients. It's the %age. If we have 3-5% unhappy clients with respect to our hosting or custom services there's nothing that can be done. It's true for all business. Like i don't like the RED and Black "Adult Site" theme on your site. But that doesn't reduce the importance of content. So?

Cheers
    HyTC

HyTC, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  4. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    If your software....I mean PHPCOW's software worked like a Ferrari....I doubt anyone would complain......I'm thinking more Yugo myself.

Capper, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  5. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a universally accepted fact, it's more the "Man Behind The Machine" that counts. You may have the best of fighter planes but if the Pilot is useless there's nothing that the machine can do.

So get the "Right Man Behind The Machine" and things will be as you like. Till then there are no short cuts in life unfortunately.

OH BTW, it's _NOT_MY_SOFTWARE_ why can't you get that right?

Cheers
    HyTC

HyTC, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  6. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    I have it right, we both know you are full of crap.

Lets just say for S&G that you are not PHPCOW (wink wink), maybe you should consult them before continuing this argument, as I'm sure they would rather this go away quietly than for you to stand up for them......I mean seriously, I don't think anyone would want you sticking up for them in any sort of argument.........you're like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Capper, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  7. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh so now you assume the status of Demi God when you say "I mean seriously, I don't think anyone would want you sticking up for them in any sort of argument"

Well in democratic order of internet everyone enjoys their own right. Hope that's known to you. Would you want that clueless bot guys details emailed how he disappeared and didn't even change the NS details so far (mor than 3 months now). Such guys will always talk CRAP.

You can use whatever adjective you would like to but i stay here till i wish to.

Cheers
    HyTC

HyTC, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  8. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got the email that you sent using abusive language.
    You seriously need to visit a psychiatrist as you are sitting with a coin like a dictator saying Heads I Win Tails You Lose.

BTW, after your last email i am not responding as the language is absolute filth not even fit for replying. Grow up KID. It will do you a lot of good. GROW up and visit a doc.

In case you are serious about getting your issues resolved (of which neither you nor your host has any clue) you can hire some expert as you have absolutely no knowledge for sure and you try to cover that up and start abusive emails. Uneducated KIDS at loss of words do that.

Bye for ever.

Cheers
    HyTC

EDIT: Note for future readers:

(1) Please don't go on "Hearsay" he may be right I may be right. form your own opinion.
    (2) Take the free trial demo and decide. No one is forcing you to buy.
    (3) I earnestly tried helping this guy sending tip on email (given the fact that we host busy phpcow sites even under shared hosting) but he seems to be mentally sick.

HyTC, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  9. HLHardwareEditor

HLHardwareEditor Peon

Best Answers:
    Disclaimer
    Let me start off by saying that I'm a staffer for HL, so my opinion will obviously be interpreted (by some) as biased from the get-go. However, my goal here is not to defend or shoot down anyone posting, but to offer my (and our, as a site) working experience with PHPCow.

I've been with HL since shortly after its inception, and we've used PHPCow the entire time. It's a program we felt did a decent job, but one that suffered from a variety of bugs, ranging from minor to quite serious. We stuck it out with them because at first, their customer support team (and boy do I use that term usely) was incorporating many of our software complaints into their updates, thanking us along the way for, in essence, helping them to offer a better service/program by pointing out real world shortcomings. This made us content to stick it out with them, as we had already invested a great deal of time, energy, and money (close to $500 at the time) into their program, and we saw bug fixes as a good thing. We've also never been keen on the time commitment required to migrate existing articles to another Content Management System.

But somewhere along the line, the PHPCow ride we were on started to resemble a turbulent trek into lost territory, and worse yet, the tour guides could seemingly care less. Silly analogy aside, the updates, when the do come, usually solve a few problems, but introduce several new ones at the same time. Even that would still be okay (if not undesirable), but the support staff have become not only increasingly rude and belligerent, but have recently begin taking a Mafia type mentality, threatening to send a script to our site that would take it down, even if we didn't cancel our lifetime subscription. No matter how frustrated you are with a client and/or how justified you may feel you are (and yes, it's admittedly a two way street), that type of response is simply unacceptable, and borderline criminal.

Let's switch gears away from support and to the program. All of us on staff could certainly brush up on our HTML skills, and all of us have at least a basic understanding of HTML coding, with some sporting a pretty advanced skill set. The problem here is the time commitment required to clean up what should be an automated process in the WYSIWYG editor. When you're finished typing an article, the underlying code may range from mildly mangled to completely FUBARed. There are times when we spend as much time, or more, in cleaning up the quirky code as we do actually writing the article. And that's just beneath the surface. Inside the WYSIWYG editor, the functions may work correctly, or they may not. It's much more flexible to use the editing tools in Firefox, but the tradeoff is that the code always comes out more trashed than if you use IE. That's not an issue for anyone typing up simple or otherwise straightforward blog type posts and articles, but if you're working on something a little more involved (adding tables, spicing up the fonts, etc), then that's when the headaches begin, regardless of which browser you're on.

Again, we could live with those headaches (and have), along with several others that haven't been pointed out, if the customer support wasn't quick tempered and, dare I say, seemingly schizophrenic. You may receive a "thank you for pointing that out!" type of response, or a "we're not your dog to kick[...]arsehole" diatribe instead.

And that's been our experience with PHPCow in a nutshell. Yes, as pointed out, there are some things we could have done differently, and mastering HTML coding would certainly help. But that's why HL invested in PHPCow in the first place - to simplify the process. Unfortunately, we got a lot more than we bargained for. Whether our experience respresents the minority or the majority, I have no way of knowing, but take this for what it is - a requested opinion (this thread asked if anyone's used PHPCow) from an actual PHPCow client.

HLHardwareEditor, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  10. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a lost cause.....hopefully, as I said people will do their research and see PHPCOW, and this guy for what they are....FRAUDS. google the COW, and once you get past their marketing stuff, you start seeing people having problems and bad experiences.....and then you see stuff like you have here, with the exact same type responses, same awful grammar (which by the way is found throughout their programming), and same idiotic ranting. Its sad they don't put this much time and effort into their product.....but it explains the service and price drop.

Plus, looking at the clock, its almost quitting time at the PHPCOW shop, so hopefully this guy will go find something else to do, like fix their crap program.

Capper, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  11. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    We are a 24X7 company. So don't be stuck to your prejudiced presumptions.

HyTC, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  12. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    your site doesn't mention being a 24x7 business

Capper, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  13. HyTC

HyTC Peon

Best Answers:
    Till the time you do not accept we are not PHPCow you will keep living in that frame of mind. There's nothing that i can do to change that fixation. You have to change that. I have said it in Plain English many a times but you simply refuse to trust even your thinking.

We are NOT PHPCow. Ask that "clueless bot guy" whom you quoted in one of your replies he will tell you who we are.

HyTC, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  14. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah sure, whatever.........STOP EMAILING ME!!!!!!

Your emails are going straight to the spam box, but I'll save them in case anyone who contacts me wants to see what kind of creeps you guys really are.

look, its a slow day for me, nothing much to do, except look for a news publishing program that isn't complete crap, so we can stay at this all day.....

you are the one who seems bent on insults, and tossing around accusations, we've proven you are a fraud a couple times now.......so just move along troll.....nothing to see here.

Capper, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  15. HLHardwareEditor

HLHardwareEditor Peon

Best Answers:
    Been watching this thread (obviously) and have a question. Are you not affiliated with PHPCow in any way? The blog author in question mentions that he "thought about this long and hard and finally decided to sign up for hosting threw PHPCow’s hosting partner."

Based on that statement, I could see how someone would make the conclusion that you're either a part of PHPCow, or at the very least, have a vested interest in the company and their ability to attract new customers. Correct me if I'm wrong though?...

16. phpcow

phpcow Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh thanks guys for advertising PHPCow for free lol

One may think abusing of PHPCow this way will decrease and kill the sales but instead, we got boost of sales past few days. Thank you !!!

HyTC is NOT from PHPCow company for sure, not affiliated in any way.

1. For those who want to know what hardwarelogic.com is complaining about, please check: http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahardwarelogic.com%2Fnews&btnG=Search&hl=en

(see All 1500 pages spidered and ranked). That's a great demonstration of how PHPCow script is friendly for Search Engines.

2. Please also chek: http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hardwarelogic.com and Switch Range 1 year, 3 year... see how Hardwarelogic site were growing up from zero. (A poor website with bugs could never grow up, isn't it?)

3. regarding bugs, any script may have some little script errors which are fixed in patches. We're just happy that PHPCow has NO security bug: http://search.securityfocus.com/swsearch?sbm=%2F&metaname=alldoc&query=phpcow (Found 0) there is the same result with any other security portal. Ok want to compare with other CMS Systems? feel free to try and find dozens !!!
    Well, Spell mistakes? doh - just edit the simple lang.php file to fix. this is not a bug.

4. Having stated the details above, we try to deal with every client as patiently as possible. However if a client repeatedly instigates with abusive comments there's a limit to which any human being can tolerate. After all even elastic has a limit. If it's stretched too much it would also break.

Bye and thanks to Mr. Rich - aka http://www.hardwarelogic.com/authors/photo.php?photo=2.jpg&w=185&h=227 for all great job that he does to promote the PHPCow on various forums.

phpcow, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  17. HLHardwareEditor

HLHardwareEditor Peon

Best Answers:
    And that, for anyone reading, is a great example of the attitude inherent in PHPCow's support team. Sadly, the above sarcastic post is one of the better responses one is likely to receive.

Abuse is entirely the incorrect word to use here, but to address your point (sarcastic as it may be), whether your sales go up or down are of no concern to us. We're not on a crusade to defend the world against a program we're not happy with. Instead, the original poster asked for customers to sound off on their experience, and that's what we have done. If you'd like us to share a positive testimonial, then by all means, give us reason to do so rather than giving the 'support' we've received up to this point, followed by strongarm threats to nuke our site (and you can expect to hear from our legal team if you follow through with that).

As for HardwareLogic's stats, please tell me that you're not taking credit for our website's success among the DIY (Do-It-Yourself) PC building community? That's an ignorant assumption at best, and more likely just absurdly arrogant. The success we've had on the web is a combination of:

1) Knowledgeable staff and capable writers

2) Continued focus on our target audience (new/upcoming enthusiast)

3) Building and maintaining contacts within the PC industry

4) Building up a wide base of affiliated sites that link back to us (several hundred, including popular tech news sites)

5) Lots of giveaways and goodwill donations (Forum Member of the Month, Forum Member of the Year ((recieved a full PC)), a raffle with lots of giveaways for a fellow staffer that lost his home in a tornado, Hoopty Rig project in which we take donated parts from our memberbase an build a fully functioning PC for an individual or family in need, monthly Newegg gift certificate giveawayfor the best user submitted guide/review, and several sporadic contests)

6) Word of mouth from readers and members

7) Spending an inordinate amount of time cleaning up our article's code so it appears professional when viewed in web browsers​

I don't think we've ever insinuated that a website can't be effective and popular in spite of PHPCow's technical shortcomings and belligerent support staff. As you so kindly pointed out (our turn to be sarcastic), we've managed to do exactly that! Our point is that anyone in the market for a Content Management System and considering PHPCow, be advised of the experience we've had both with the software and the support staff. We readily admitted that our experience could very well be the exception and not reflect the majority of customers, but if we had to surmise a guess, it'd be that we're not alone in our complaints (Google searches seem to agree), at least among anyone in need of more than just basic formatting. But that's a guess, and perhaps, even the majority of those customers are happy - that really has nothing to do with us, and we'll only point out examples of other unhappy customers when a rep accuses us of being the only ones with problems, and further states that they're self inflicted.

On a side note, it's comical that in an effort to discredit our testimonial, you've linked several sources pointing out our credibility and popularity on the web. Though at this point we can hardly admit to being surprised with this back-assward approach...

18. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:
    And for those of you at home born without the common sense gene.....please look at the grammar, and general disposition.........I've never been to Spain (where PHPCOW claims to originate), but I find it hard to believe that everyone there talks and posts generally the exact same way.

Look, I'm not as eloquent as my friend when it comes to this, I've spent far too much time and effort trying to HELP these clowns. Whether its pointing out bugs or making suggestions, I've dedicated a lot of time and effort to helping them put out a better product.

If you look back over this sometimes frustrating, sometimes entertaining thread, you'll see another post where a person describes these guys as drug users.......there you have it, along with all these mind numbing posts from them and their other partner, who loves to throw atround insults, and email me continuously, but refuses to answer some very valid questions from Paul.......hmmmm.

Also, I never mentioned my name or site anywhere in this thread, but the first person knew exactly who i was, and everything about me, my site, and issues we encountered........but this last person (PHPCOW itself!!!!!!) has to link to me, my site, and even my picture!!!!!!

For those of you who care, HL was founded in December of 2005, and through a lot of time, effort, and hard work, has grown into what it is......it has nothing to do with PHPCOW, its basically grown in spite of the COW. Pauls already touched on the big points, but also covering shows like CES and Computex, among other things, as well as sharing a news list with 1200 other hardware sites is the reason for our growth.
    As to PHPCOWS influence, as I said, we are growing in spite of them, not because of them.......first, we basically have had to add a step to the entire editing process.....thats using the source view to clean up the HTML code, because its so bad. PHPCOW knows about this, and has acknowledged in several emails to me that they were looking at other solutions and trying to change wizzywig editors, but never did.........then theres 18 months of other promises.......fixing the image library, fixing the numerous grammatical errors, fixing the XHTML compliance, fixing issues with both IE and Firefox......stuff thats never happened because they spend so much time doing this......blaming everyone else for their flaws.

Notice they never address the core issues, instead using one post to talk about our "inexperience" and attacking our site, then using our site in another post to talk about how successful we are........just another example of the contradiction that is PHPCrack, I mean COW.

I shared my experience here, because as I said.....someone else used my account to post something positive in this thread......and I wanted to address it........as of this time, you won't find any posts from me about PHPCOW anywhere else, unless as like here, someone is posing as me. I have better things to do.

Lastly, I'm a hardware guy, and we're mostly a hardware site......been doing this longer than PHPCOW has been around, and the reason we picked them is because of their marketing. I've never claimed to be a coding genius, which is why we chose this instead of something like Joomla....because of the promises that they made. I wanted a solution where the staff didn't have to worry, and could instead focus on content, and we paid dearly for it........four hosting companies later (They all HATE PHPCOW) and here I sit, not telling you to save the $445 I lost......but the $100 they now charge for their worthless, crap program. If people are still buying it after reading this thread, then they aren't reading this, and will soon enough see. all it takes is a Google search about PHPCOW, and you'll see several others who will share their experiences about the COWS service and support.

Capper, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  19. Capper

Capper Peon

Best Answers:

sorry, thats the post in question, and wasn't edited by me then, or me yesterday......Due to setting on this board, you can only edit posts up to a certain point, after a certain period of time it locks you out. That post was obviously edited by staff, not me, and there is/was no link to me or my site.

BTW, heres an interesting link
    Webscripts Directory
    Look at the comments, then look at how many people found these comments helpful? coincidence? I think not.......all you have to do is Google "PHPCOW Sucks" or "PHPCOW Problems" and there are no shortage of bad experiences.

Capper, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  20. codeassist

codeassist Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting thread indeed. I tried this in Google.phpcow bad support

It's not good when customers get substandard products for their hard-earned money. If phpcow is really like that then it sucks to be them.

codeassist, Aug 30, 2007 IP