1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

any one recruited as DMOZ editor recently?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by king_cobra, Mar 31, 2005.

1. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    What exactly did the email say?

l234244, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  2. rbucich

rbucich Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried to sign up recently, spent a long time filling out the form and making sure I was recommending quality sites that were both not in the directory and not affiliated with me.

When I hit submit, it sent me to a page for being reinstated as an editor...nothing else. No e-mail stating they received the application etc.

I know I applied back in 1999 or something but was never contacted then either.
    Not sure if I should try again or not. I can't tell whether the application was even submitted properly.

Thoughts?

rbucich, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe they accepted you in 1999 and just didn't bother to tell anyone. Then they fired you for not doing your job. Now they're telling you how to apply for reinstatment. Then they'll accept you back but not tell you. Then when you don't add any sites, they'll fire you...

You could ask at the Resourceless Zone :D :D

minstrel, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  4. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't have the email anymore - the gist of it was that one possible reason for my rejection was a motivation for promoting my own site.

That's what I get for admitting I had one in the que.

jlerner, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    and they have publicly stated that it is "ok to become a DMOZ editor for the reason of getting your own web sites listed".

Blogmaster, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  6. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Not to mention the fact that the guy who rejected you probably became an editor for the same reason he claimed made you unworthy :D

minstrel, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  7. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes. I though it was a legitimate concern untill I started reading this forum. Perhaps I actually got rejected for a different reason. I'll try again and see what happens.

jlerner, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  8. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    PS - The letter stated that my rejection was possibly due to one of the 4 reasons listed in the email. The feedback was not very helpful, inlight of the fact that editors are in fact allowed to approve their own sites.

I will review the guidlines again and give it another go - perhaps better luck next time :)

jlerner, Apr 8, 2005 IP