1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any one have experience with FaceBook advertising?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bettyblue100, Jun 3, 2011.

Does anyone have any experience with Facebook advertising and care to share some tips for someone new to advertising there?

bettyblue100, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  2. Quasha

Quasha Member

Best Answers:
    Quasha, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  3. tyzer

tyzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A lot of ads i see on facebook have been designed to make them look like they are part of the facebook website and not an actual ad. I see lots of "You have 3 Messages" ads, and by the looks of it they seem to work, even if they are kind of tricking people to click them.

tyzer, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  4. bettyblue100

bettyblue100 Peon

Best Answers:
    what about ads with hot girls, I know that it might seem sexist but does it work?

bettyblue100, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  5. ideasdaily

ideasdaily Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep cute girl pics is a good trick. Or another is to use everyday scenarios ex: Just did laundry and found $20! Err umm...you get it don't you lol.

ideasdaily, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  6. songsmastee

songsmastee Peon

Best Answers:
    i have facebook marketing experience and promote pages and advertising page and you getting lot off fans in your page but its paid game.
    if you want then pm me.

Thanks.

songsmastee, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  7. thewhitehouse

thewhitehouse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah don't treat Facebook Ads like AdWords. You need to be promoting a Facebook page and getting people to "Like" it. Develop a following and thats where you will make your money, by having permission to communicate with them for free in future.

thewhitehouse, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  8. lychee

lychee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been an FB user for years and I have never once been lured to click a single ad. I think it may be because the page is so full of other detail that I dont even notice the ads...

I might be wrong but i dont think ads are too viable there.

lychee, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  9. JayePause

JayePause Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yes, we market on Facebook all the time. People think it's expensive, but when you really get down to it you are generally paying about $1.50 - $2.00 per click. Which isn't bad considering the amount of views and likes your pages or websites will receive. We use it mainly for the branding side of things. The more our faces and names are visible for the eyes to see, the more people know who we are and what we are about, the better :)

The one thing that is great about Facebook Ads is that you can target your market very well. I wouldn't recommend advertising by impressions because you will burn your ad very quickly. Unless you are targeting a very low amount of people then you can base it on CPM. However, if you are targeting over 1 million people, the amount of views your ad will receive will be in the 10's of thousands or more, so it adds up very quickly.

Regards,

Jaye Pause

JayePause, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  10. bernadus

bernadus Peon

Best Answers:
    try to promote clickbanks product. my friend make lot of money just promoting clickbank products in facebook.

bernadus, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  11. bettyblue100

bettyblue100 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys, this has been helpful.

bettyblue100, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  12. nenalara2011

nenalara2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, i tried many campaignes with FB coupons, one coupon by account, and very cheap.

nenalara2011, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  13. famous2313

famous2313 Member

Best Answers:
    famous2313, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  14. tomandre

tomandre Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've actually tried FB ads, but I never got them to convert very well....it was a loss for me every time. So, nice to see some guidance here...maybe I'll try that again someday...

tomandre, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  15. fruzzlies

fruzzlies Member

Best Answers:
    You could make a fan page, and use the CPM not Cost Per Click. Yes, you'll have to pay, but you can get really low clicks doing it this way. Pick a subject you like and make an ad asking people "click the "Like" if you like or love ....." but instead of directly marketing to people, ask them to like it at first. Post some great videos from YouTube, keep them entertained and every now and again throw in a product that relates to your topic. Make sure you set a limit on your ad though when it comes to advertising. I like to start with $2 a day to see if it's going to be worth my money. If it isn't showing many likes, I stop the ad. I watch it very closely so I'm not throwing money away. Anyway, with Facebook you can have a very targeted audience. You can take the most popular websites in your niche and look them up on Quantcast.com to find out what the audience is for that niche and target that within Facebook. You don't want to target thousands of people though, a good number to shoot for is between 20,000 and 50,000.

fruzzlies, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  16. stevenyoung

stevenyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    Make Friends On Hubpages

You can become ‘fans’ of other HubPage authors and vote on hubs. Like any social networking community, this can help you get more exposure and more out of the tool. Hubs with plenty of votes get more exposure in the community and because your votes could result in returned votes for your Hubs, this is a good thing!

When someone chooses to befriend you on this site, they see your latest hubs when they log in and get e-mail notification of newly published hubs so they can become frequent viewers of your pages! Visiting other hubs and commenting can help bring other ‘hubbers’ to your hubs!

Make Use Of Your Profile Page

People who read your Hubs will check out your profile to learn more about you and may click through to links you post in your profile.

stevenyoung, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  17. mrtuffy

mrtuffy Peon

Best Answers:
    one tip to facebook advertising is to try the international markets outside USA.

the clicks are cheap. go for english speaking countries such as singapore. they are quite affluent and clicks are cheap
    which means a better ROI for your facebook advertising.

mrtuffy, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  18. internetzombie

internetzombie Peon

Best Answers:
    Thankfully it's not hard to grab people's attention on Facebook, but you should pay for an ad that blends into their interface but stands out. The great part about Facebook is it's cheap for targeted advertisement. Just about everyone is on Facebook so you can appeal to a wide variety of niches.

internetzombie, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  19. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook advertising is a little steep to get a grip on compared with the likes of Adwords, but profits can be made, just takes a little more time splitting and testing

golfpro1, Jun 11, 2011 IP