1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any MSN users notice a sandbox Latley

Discussion in 'Bing' started by City2, Apr 16, 2005.

This month I launched a few new sites and it seems they are like in a sandbox. Almost 3 weeks now, still waiting to get proper rankings... I am sure somebody noticed this as well, lets hear some opinions

City2, Apr 16, 2005 IP
  2. bluemouse2

bluemouse2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you have to wait a little more...

bluemouse2, Apr 16, 2005 IP
  3. Chrissicom

Chrissicom Guest

Best Answers:
    People are getting really impatient lately lol :p did you update your site since you added it to MSN 3 weeks ago or do you have a possibility to see which bots are visiting your site? MSN doesn't give every site a better listing than Google. The formula for MSN is rich content and many updates.

Chrissicom, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  4. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    My site has been online since January and still only appears as a basic URL in a few MSN searches. I am starting to wonder whether it is because the server is based here (in Japan). Anyway, it has a lot of links (over 4000 according to MSN), the code checks out and I don't really see why it shouldn't be there when most sites seem to rank in a matter of weeks.

I wonder if the server location does play a part. This would allow MSN to build their database gradually. After all, G has been in the business for years and it must be hard for MSN to catch up immediately.

stephenmunday, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  5. Chrissicom

Chrissicom Guest

Best Answers:
    is your website also in Japanese language? if that's the case I guess the MSN bot can't read your site

Chrissicom, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  6. bluemouse2

bluemouse2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is this msn sandbox real?

bluemouse2, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  7. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    My site server is in Japan, but the site itself in in English and has a .com domain. You can see it if you click on my sig.

In Japan MSN, the new search is still shown as in Beta. This is what makes me think that they have not done a worldwide rollout, but are focussing their MSN US efforts on spidering US-based sites. So sites with worldwide appeal with .com domains hosted outside of the US may be having problems, like mine is.

(Latest news - MSN traffic is increasing, though, despite the lack of a proper listing.)

stephenmunday, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  8. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    my site is listed #1 in msn for my term with over 9 million results...it was there after 3 weeks of opening my site.

not in the top 200 with google after 5 weeks.

AfterHim.com, Apr 19, 2005 IP