1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any more innovation in blogs?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by perdog05, Mar 17, 2005.

OK, this may seem kind of random, but I am wondering if anyone see any more innovations with blogs. Or are blogs going to remain in there current form for the forceable future....

I guess I think with all the hype around them now they'll kind of remain as they are for a while, but as people are starting to talk about blogs as just a fad, maybe the next big thing is on the horion...

perdog05, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  2. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends what you mean by innovation.

I see lots of really interesting sites that have been build using standard blogging engines, but have then been hacked around with to produce some really interesting results in terms of site structure and so on...

SEbasic, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  3. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I think that blogging is too new. Today's blogging software offerings are first and barely second generation.

For example, blogger still has some pitiful "comments" functionality.

I think blogging needs so more time to mature before people start creating new and innovative technologies.

As always: IMO.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, you're right amy to a certian extent...

With the available tools, it can sometimes be tricky to do things that you would like to be able to do.
    But don't forget the hundreds of free plugins available for engines like WordPress that enable you to do all number of terribly exciting things...

Blogs can be innovative, and they will continue to be so.

But don't forget - blogs is afterall just another word for websites. :)

Things will always be improving.

SEbasic, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  5. whimsical1

whimsical1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure if this is what you were talking about, but check out my blog over here http://www.syzyx.com/pyrois

It's still in beta and invitation only, but the whole thing seems to run on whatever gmail/google maps run on (when you're not logged in you can't really tell, but you can click on the comments I think). Not sure if that's the proper way of describing it, but I think I'm allowed to invite people...

lmk if you want to try it and I'll try and see if I can add people myself

charles@yong.as

whimsical1, Apr 1, 2005 IP