1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any million Dollar writers around?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jeewant_gupta_051275, Oct 11, 2008.

Hi,
    We have been hearing a lot about writers making a fortune of an income online. How many of you are actually million-Dollar writers and how many of you are certain that in a time span of a couple of years, you might reach an income/loyalty value of a million Dollars?
    Suggestions and feedbacks on how to market yourself well in order to reach the acclaim are also invited

jeewant_gupta_051275, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  2. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you've been reading too many of those sales pages with lots of big red fonts and random phrases highlighted in yellow, if you think there are a load of people around making a million dollars a year online.
    An average American wage in - for example - Public Relations, is fifty two thousand dollars a year. - http://www.simplyhired.com/a/salary/search/q-Public+Relations
    I think that's more realistic as an end goal. If - big IF - you can get to the point of making your online job your only source of income

magda, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  3. jeewant_gupta_051275

jeewant_gupta_051275 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I had mentiond in my original post, I am NOT saying that there are a LOT of people making a million-Dollars through writing. I just wanted to know IF there are any? or better still, I want to know if there are writers who think they CAN reach that point sometime in the coming years?

jeewant_gupta_051275, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  4. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    How about Million Yen or Million Peso writers? LOL

Actually I know of one who is relatively close to seven figures, but he doesn't just make that writing...

R

internetauthor, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  5. ozairkhan

ozairkhan Banned

Best Answers:
    i think u r much interested in this field
    the power of writing is purely wealth

ozairkhan, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  6. jeewant_gupta_051275

Best Answers:
    The power of writing is not merely wealth, yet we need to earn our bread and butter to survivie, I guess!

7. angel007

angel007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah and a million rupee or rupiahs or the good ole million cents. Never meet any, just plenty going round offering their two cents

angel007, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  8. worldwords

worldwords Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a few out there-- Michel Fortin, Jay Abraham, Makepeace. I'm taking a mentorship from Rich Schefren who hates to write, but has learned at the feet of the masters and is very good at it.
    The secret is in writing something that becomes the "control" for an ongoing sales campaign and then getting a commission off of each copy that goes out. That's how some of the big names have made millions, in direct marketing at least. For online sales copy some of the best are able to make thousands up front off of sales copy for major product launches and more tens of thousands off of the back end of successful product launches.

Liz

worldwords, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  9. Bestpublisher

Bestpublisher Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey I think joel comm is an online millonaire? isn't he?
    thanks.

Bestpublisher, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  10. jeewant_gupta_051275

Best Answers:
    I didn't mean 'marketing' items and products via writing and earning commisions. From marketing, I meant the ideas used by such writers to market themselves as good writers in getting those high-paying gigs.

11. Online Writer

Online Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Just build your own website on a niche product and write a crapload of articles related to it. Use Google to see what your competitors are doing and outdo them. You can do this in your spare time when not writing for direct payment.

Commission products, your own product, Adsense or a combination of all three is a good bet. Multiple specialized sites owned by you will make you money. You can also sell these sites once you add a bunch of content and let them get indexed.

Hooray!

Online Writer, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  12. article.rewriters

article.rewriters Banned

Best Answers:
    I know someone really earning from article writing...he hires writer to write for him, and sell them to companies, which he wouldnt disclose..He earns around $500 a day..I guess its pretty good for someone whos still in high school..:)

article.rewriters, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  13. tenants-in-common

tenants-in-common Member

Best Answers:
    even if you are the best writer out there, each of us only has 24 hours in a day. and this limitation is non-negotiable. so to really expand your income possibilities, outsourcing is the key. hire as many quality writers as possible. then you multiple your income potential.

tenants-in-common, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  14. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wish. I doubt you could make a million dollars just writing. There have to be some other money making avenues in that roadmap.

latoya, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  15. silent_thunder

silent_thunder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jk rowling made a million bucks !! Had she releashed her book on the internet She would have made a million copy of her book in a month..all she would have given three review copies and only two persons would have bought the work for not more than $3 for 1000words !!that is the reality

silent_thunder, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  16. avonlee1983

avonlee1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think JK Rowling probably has close to a billion by now. :) I hear she's even richer than the Queen. It'd be nice to make that much money by writing. I sure wish I could do it.

avonlee1983, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  17. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Even the biggest authors don't make their money "just" writing. Remember, there's a LOT of work that goes into then promoting the books, researching that and other books, etc. No one can just write, get paid, and make a million dollars. There's always going to be more to it.

jhmattern, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  18. jeewant_gupta_051275

Best Answers:
    So I guess its figuring out that 'additional something' that goes into marketing and being able to implement it in your advantage that makes an author worth a million Dollars

jeewant_gupta_051275, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  19. NoelKuhl

NoelKuhl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For modern society at least:
    perceived value of your service X number of people you serve = the amount of money you make

For a writer to be able to get there, you need to produce something distinctly valuable and provide that value to a large audience. It's doable but no one's gonna get there writing web content on the DP marketplace. :p

NoelKuhl, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  20. KeywordsandCopy

KeywordsandCopy Peon

Best Answers:
    A million is a lot. Breaking into the low to mid six figures is more than possible, but reaching a million through writing alone would be difficult.

KeywordsandCopy, Oct 15, 2008 IP