1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any experience with Dhgate.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian_Corrigan, May 9, 2007.

1. hebe

hebe Peon

Best Answers:
    i have had a few things from dhgate with no problems.

hebe, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  2. Ryanpage

Ryanpage Peon

Best Answers:
    They are legit. I've ordered from them before. However, I've heard complaints from other people, so I guess it depends.

Ryanpage, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  3. nicoleleblanc

nicoleleblanc Peon

Best Answers:
    I looked at DHgate for a long time and almost buy my dress from them,I gave up my thought after read so many negative reviews though I think DHgate have professional and beautiful website.I finally bought my dress from perfectweddingforever.com which recommended by my friend, it looks very nice and well made!

nicoleleblanc, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  4. c Y

c Y Member

Best Answers:
    This is my first time deal with DHGate. I bought two faucets from a seller name "rtexport". After more almost 2 months, I received two junk faucets. Faucet bodies with many deeply scratches, chrome pilling off, wrong size of compression connectors. I contacted seller many times for replacement parts under the warranty, but his answer is: "That's it because they are selling this faucet cheap, also they cannot provide any replacement parts.". I asked seller how can they honor their 12 months warranty? Seller never answer me. I contact DHGate Service, and eventually the seller agreed to send me all defective parts. I just received a very small parcel, but still missing two important replacement parts. After almost 4 months, I still have the two Junk Faucets on hand, cannot install.
    Buying from DHGate has no guarantee. DHGate only works with and protect their sellers, not buyers.

c Y, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  5. jharr53301

jharr53301 Guest

Best Answers:
    I've purchased from DHGate with all good experiences. Key is to make sure you buy from a seller with an excellent feedback rating.

jharr53301, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  6. c Y

c Y Member

Best Answers:
    U R lucky. I'm bad luck. I won't buy from DHGate any more.

c Y, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  7. SEOXperD

SEOXperD Peon

Best Answers:
    Personal i have no experience so far but some of mine friends has used this service. and got their orders stuff at their home.

SEOXperD, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  8. c Y

c Y Member

Best Answers:

They are not only selling FAKE products, they also sell USED and DAMAGED products as new to scam buyers. I bought two suppose brand new faucets from a seller in DHGate called "rtexport", he shipped me two USED and DAMAGED faucets to me: Chrome Pilling Off, Scratched all over the body of the faucets, and Wrong size pipe connector. When I asked for replacement, seller "rtexport" just told me he no longer deal with that factory, NO PARTS !

When I complaint to DHGate Customer Service, on one hand, they said will hold my money not to release to seller and also asked me to send them photos as evidence (in fact I have already sent to them at the very beginning at the same time I told the seller the problems); on the other hand, DHGate already marked my case "COMPLETED" and already release my money to the seller "rtexport".

DHGate works with their sellers to scam buyers. Now I have two JUNK FAUCETS on hand cannot use.

c Y, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  9. Gaget4Apple

Gaget4Apple Peon

Best Answers:
    Hereby is my experience of DHGate.com. First of all, my situation is: Three of us just started a e-business. One in Denmark and two in Hong Kong. The business model is simply import some cool gadgets from China to Denmark and sell them there.

Three weeks ago I placed my first order of over $800 of gadgets to Apple products. No brand names. All OEM products. End up I have to cancel it the day after. I wrote directly to the merchant and got a prompt, friendly response. They couldn't cancel my order since it's inside the system of DHGate. They contacted DHGate on my behalf and told me afterwards that I could only cancel when the payment is verified. I wrote to DHGate and asked for a cancellation before verification since I believe that will save their work. Yet no reply from them. Then the transaction is completed and I got a "Congratulations" mail. Then I went into my order and found out that the seller had in fact wrote to me and asked me to update them with my correspondence with DHGate. End up it took some time before that "Cancel Order" button appeared on my order status and I could then do an official cancel.

I have to admit it was quite scary in the beginning. Particularly when there are so many negative posting about DHGAte on different fora. It's true that all my mails to DHGate were unanswered yet their system works well. When it's according to their procedures. I kept receiving messages from DHGate's system (as long as I follow their steps) with info of my cancellation and refund. And then some days later the money was transferred back to my credit card.

So all in all, it's been a good experience of dealing with DHGate and an excellent experience with the merchant calls "bestvendor".

In fact, I found the shopping experience very good in DHGate's platform. Easy, user-friendly and I have both overview and control all the way through my shopping cart. Much better than iOffer.com. Which is also a site I source my electronics supply. iOffer.com's platform is weaker than DHGate but I got in contact with a very honest vendor - wholesoursing. We had a good conversation back and forth regarding my items and their offers simply because iOffer is not geared to much flexibility. I ended up sent my partner from Hong Kong to ShenZhen and visited wholesoursing. We chatted and checked with them. A merchant for electronics that I can highly recommend.

What have I learned?

1. To do business from a distance is always a challenge. When e-commerce came into being, many thought that distance would disappear only to find that language, cultural and mindset differences are still there. Fortunately we have partners in Hong Kong that can do the checking.

2. There're always bad apples in the barrow. Be careful. Treasure the good one and share them with other. The bad ones? Learn from the experience and move on.

3. If you're buying a Gucci with 1/10 of the price, you should have your common sense in place. Otherwise, doing a decent small business, you can trusted that there are many in China are in the same boat. Have respect for them. They will do the same.

Good luck with your business and you're welcome to write to us at .

Thanks.

Gaget4Apple, Nov 19, 2011 IP
  10. talislin

talislin Peon

Best Answers:
    I have read some of the reviews on here and what astounds me is that some people just don't have common sense. First of all, if you're buying a Gucci or Chanel under $50 when the actual listed price of one sold in an authorized retail store is $300, and the DHGate seller says that it's authentic and new, you're being scammed. Second of all, for those of you who tried to buy an iPhone on DHGate, you're dumb.

What you need to know about DHGate:
    1. Don't buy a product from a seller without looking through their feedback & ratings (it's recommended that you buy from one 3 stars & up and has at least 90% positive feedback)
    2. When looking through their feedback, look at the negative and neutral feedbacks first, then look at the positive.
    3. Check to see how many products the seller is offering. If they have a lot, it usually means that they are trustworthy.
    4. DO NOT BUY BRAND NAMES. There is a reason why a Coach or a Prada bag is so expensive: because of the brand name. If the seller is offering a Coach bag for $30, then it's definitely a fake. If you really believe that a Coach bag can go for $30, you must either be really desperate or just dumb because no brand name that big will ever be that cheap.
    5. DO NOT BUY BRAND NAME ELECTRONICS. Electronic companies such as: Apple, Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, etc. You WILL get scammed.
    6. Message the seller before you buy, and inquire about the products you would like to purchase. Get a price quote and ask them if they can give you the e-mail address of a customer who recently purchased from them. E-mail that customer and ask them how their experience with the seller was. Take note of the grammer and spelling of the customer and the seller. Some scammer sellers will make a fake account and pretend that they are the customer in order to get you to buy the product.
    7. Obtain the phone number and name of the CEO or representative of their company. Once you do, input the name and/or number into Google saying: is *INSERT PHONE NUMBER HERE* and *INSERT NAME HERE* from China real? The search results will generally tell you.
    8. If you do not want to go through all these steps, I would suggest buying at least 2 other, inexpensive, items from the seller first. That way, if the seller does turn out to be a scammer, you do not lose a lot of money. Once you have verified that the seller is reliable, ask the seller to upload another picture of the product you actually want to buy, and maybe a video of them using it (with instruments, have them play it; with electronics, have them use it), and have them videotape the process of the package being packaged and addressed to you. Make sure that there are no cuts in the video.

talislin, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  11. c Y

c Y Member

Best Answers:
    I've bought two suppose brand new faucets from seller "rtexport" in DHgate. But "rtexport" sent me two Used/Damaged faucets with wrong size connectors. I complaint to DHgate and requested DHgate hold my money not to release to the seller. Seller "rtexport" pretended agreed to send me replacement parts, and DHhagte without my consent, released all my money to this "rtexport". Of course, I did not received the requested parts.

So I put a Negative feedback on this "rtexport". "rtexport" contacted me saying if I revised my feedback to Positive, he'll send me all the replacement parts. So I did so. But since then, I never received any replacement parts. I tried to contact "rtexport" in DHgate many times, "rtexport" just ignored me and did not send replacement parts, and DHgate help him to hid our communications on their site.

Now I just have two Used/Damaged/Wrong faucets on hand cannot install. This "rtexport" is a shameless liar. He uses the "rtexport" name in DHgate and also in AliExpress online wholesale sites to scam customers. Be aware NOT to buy from this "rtexport" to avoid losing money; and DHgate only protect their sellers to work together with them to scam buyers.

Spread this message out to warn potential customers to avoid their scams.

c Y, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  12. talislin

talislin Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to point out that if you looked at his feedback before buying, you would have saw that his service details are all below average. And also, if you checked the feedback, you would have saw that in the Negative feed back, there were two buyers that declared that the seller has lied, and one bought a faucet from the seller and declared that it was unusable. If you had actually checked the reliability of the seller beforehand, I am pretty sure that you would not have been scammed.

If you checked the seller's profile, you would have saw that they only have 4 employees, yet they pull in $500,000 a year based on their internet sales which should cause some suspicion. Their registered address is also not a registered address at all but merely a City/Province.

Also, if the seller really was legitimate, then they would NOT be a FREE member and would be a PREMIUM member and a Gold Supplier (on AliExpress). On DHGate, they would be a Gold Supplier who has been A&V Checked.

By the way, A&V Checked and Gold Supplier means that they have been verified as legitimate sellers.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    talislin, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  13. c Y

c Y Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Talislin, this is the first time I bought things from China. Now I know I must check the seller first according to you advice. Well, I just paid a fee for a lesson.

Hello Talislin, one more question, in DHgate, where can I check a seller's profile and feedback details? I tried but could not find the way to get these information. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
    c Y, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  14. wado

wado Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I want to learn about it.

wado, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  15. talislin

talislin Peon

Best Answers:
    Profile:
    [​IMG]

Feedback Details:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scroll down, and you'll see the negative reviews left by the customer.

A seller will usually be ok if the consumer left a negative review saying stuff that doesn't really pertain to the quality of the product or that they have been cheated. Usually, if the seller is ok but there is negative feedback, it will be about something such as slow shipping, items were a bit damaged from shipping but not enough that it completely deteriorates the quality, and so on.

As a general side note, another way to see how reliable a seller is, is to go on Google, type in their username and whatever wholesale site they're using. So for example, in the case of rtexport, I went on Google, typed in 'rtexport dhgate'. Scroll down a little bit past the DHgate website, and the seller website, until you find reviews about the seller, such as the ones on a forum. If there is a general consensus about how bad or how good a seller is, that's when you know whether to go ahead or refrain from buying from that particular seller.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  16. talislin

talislin Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean that you don't have any experience? What exactly do you not have experience with?

17. greatpost

greatpost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Canbe a scam ... I have never used them but I had been bit another seller like this from U.S (china) be careful with quality of products or get first samples.

make a contract that they have to supply according to the approved sample.

greatpost, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  18. alodia

alodia Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, not yet.. never tried that kind of monetizing

alodia, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  19. twittermarketingstrategy

twittermarketingstrategy Peon

Best Answers:
    For personally i did not use this site till yet, but i will use it in the coming days.

20. c Y

c Y Member

Best Answers:
    DHgate is not a safe site to buy. All sellers there are individually own and run. Though they said all products are new, but you never know what will you receive; New? Used? Damaged? with Defects? DHgate only work with their sellers, no buyer protection. Though DHgate said they will hold your money until you are satisfied with the product you received, in fact, as soon as their sellers SAYS they've shipped the items, DHgate will release all your money to the seller without your consent. At the same time, your case will be closed; and all your complaint and messages to them will be totally ignored.

c Y, Dec 18, 2011 IP