1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any experience with Dhgate.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian_Corrigan, May 9, 2007.

1. Fender7

Fender7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a 30 yr veteran guitar player in the U.S., I am usually soft spoken and have never left a bad feedback anywhere... but this seller on DHgate was unbelievable!

Asked seller to make me a guitar he had listed with an Ebony neck and I told him that I want to see the guitar after it is made so I can have final approval BEFORE shipping. I was lied to and strung along for 15 days and then he tried to extort me by saying he would not refund me unless I agreed not to give him any bad feedback! Check the dates and the promises he made.

Email correspodence (copied from messages):

11-29 mxw888: "of coruse,i understand,my dear friend" "the Ebony fretboard,it will take about 7 days
    " "i am the guitar factory Mgr. .don't worry"
    12-4 Me: hows the guitar coming?
    12-4 mxw888: "it will be ok in 2-3 days,don't worry"
    12-9 mxw888 "the guitar will be ok in 2 days,eavey part have done,just i will get it from factory"

* I thought he was the factory manager..? *

12-10 Me: Just got an email from system saying "Shipped" ?
    12-10 mxw888 "THE dhgate tell me the senting time will be end,i just fill in a tracking number,don't worry "
    12-13 Me: Need update
    12-13 mxw888 "i know that,tomorrow i will sent the pictures to you,thank you"

*12-14 late in the day in China and still no pictures*

12-14 Me: Where are we at?

*12-15 I still had no response so I filed a dispute with DHgate, then he responds.

12-15 mxw888: "ok,my dear friend,do you want a refund ,if you want,i can refund the money to you ,ok? thank you ,but you know this time,Christmas time,there is so many order to make,as uausl,it will take about 7 days,but now it will take about 10-20 days"

12-15 Me: YES, Refund my money

12-15 mxw888: "the factory tell me they will sent it out ,but the weather is too bad ,too snowstorm,so we can't get it in time,i am very sorry,ok ,if you want the refund ,tomorrow i can contact the dhgate to refund the money to you ,i am very sory very sorry to this thing"

12-15 Me: YES, refund my money

12-15 (10 hrs later) Me: Still have not got a refund

12-15 mxw888: are you agree you won't give me bad feedback,ok?

12-15 Me: You are now holding my money 'hostage' unless I agree to not give you bad feedback??

12-15 mxw888 "you may not give me any feedback,ok? thank you ,if you agree,i can refund the money to you"

Fender7, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  2. akshar102

akshar102 Peon

Best Answers:
    i just know one thing which is better about a online shop from china !

yup ! it has free shipping and better quality products !

ChinabuyE !

akshar102, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  3. Aussiebattler

Aussiebattler Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi - I bought stuff from several sellers on DHGate which never arrived. I complained to DHGate and to Gump Kan, their Public Relationship Coordinator, who has written to this forum defending his company. Gump Kan signed off with his email address, so I wrote to him as well as to the main DHGate address. Gump's email was returned undeliverable and DHGate never replied. I will try to get my money back through my bank. Fingers crossed. Total scam site - some sellers probably genuine, but you wouldn't know which ones. KEEP AWAY FROM DHGATE ALTOGETHER!

Aussiebattler, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  4. Turanchoks

Turanchoks Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is the story of my buy.

Order # 1005262956

I bought this item in September, the shipping was fast, but there was one tiny problem, the item doesn't work at all. So I spoke to the seller and he told me it is ok no problem, just send the item back, here where the problem starts. I asked them who going to pay for the shipping back, they told me it will be me, but on there page "Return shipping must be paid for by the buyer if there is not any quality problem." There is definitely quality problem. Anyhow they left this question open and told me just send the item back and they will see. During this conversation I did try to find the way to get my money back but it was useless, they told me they have to receive item first than they will refund my money. During this time the dispute was open, but I has no idea it can be expired. I send the massage to dhgate they told me don't worry just wait till the seller will get the item back, so i relaxed. Then all of the sudden this deal tern to complete on the page because the dispute has been closed and deal close automatically in month!!!??? Anyway, after all this trouble item was successfully delivered. I have a confirmation of delivery CC168 068 573 CA at www.canadapost.ca But now seller refuse to give me my money back by telling me next thing's: I didn't receive the item, I will pick up the item. The Item was not there. We can't find the item. Somebody else picked the item. We will go to the post office to find out. Post office closed for Christmas. Wait for Monday. Post office closed for new year. Wait for 3 days. That was a last excuse. I can't arguing with them no more, they start to ignoring me. It is NOT POSSIBLE solve this problem with them. They hold my money, they hold the item. I don't know where else to go.
    Seller don't answer no more on my requests. DHGate told me to apply to "aftersale" department, they told me to send the pictures i did it and they don't answer no more.
    STAY AWAY!!! SAVE YOU MONEY !!!

Turanchoks, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  5. chaitukiran

chaitukiran Peon

Best Answers:
    Watch TV Online www mylivetvchannels com

chaitukiran, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  6. NewDaddyGifts

NewDaddyGifts Peon

Best Answers:
    Beware:
    Going out of my way here, as others are, to warn of DHgate. Bought items for $220, which were embarrassingly junk, contacted the seller - agreed to refund if i paid to ship items back ($60) , and opened a 'dispute/refund' task as requested by Dhgate. (you cannot just click 'get my refund now'). The seller did not trigger the refund, and as per DH policy, the money held in escrow was released to the seller after the 2?weeks were up. End result 6mo later, no product and out $280. Their job is to get your money, and they are pretty good at it.
    And yes, i've contacted the seller to replace the items with a different product.....'i'll get back with you' is always the reply.
    I ask you, curious buyer, is it worth it?

NewDaddyGifts, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  7. gaal12

gaal12 Peon

Best Answers:
    DHgate serves Chinese sellers and their interests. I have personally used it twice. One thing is certain: they do not sell quality products. Before you acknowledge the safe receipt of the product online, you'd better use the thing you've bought for at least one week. Once you've acknowledged the receipt, there is no way of getting back your money. DHgate operates online customer service: a bot. Also, the provided email addresses do not work. You either get a warning message about it, or not. In either case, you will not receive any replies. Please check the buyers' review. If you have just one negative feedback, avoid the seller like the plague. Chances are there have been much more negative feedbacks but the seller persuaded the buyers to delete them otherwise the sellers will not get back their money. Avoid seller yifan16888 because he sells fake goods. I've got fake KINGSTON 256GB DT310 flash memories and lost USD142.2 on it.

gaal12, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  8. tsd041

tsd041 Peon

Best Answers:
    i just curious why people trust free shipping, shipping cost must add back to your product price.

tsd041, May 4, 2011 IP
  9. nitro169

nitro169 Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal will protect your purchase, so will any credit card company, not sure why you are having issues???

nitro169, May 29, 2011 IP
  10. SocialMarketing

SocialMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    ive used it its quite poor to be honest

SocialMarketing, May 30, 2011 IP
  11. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol, so what happened afterwards? You can give a normal feedback but say the seller is keeping your money hostage unless you gave him not a bad feedback. So in that way its still not a bad feedback but honest to future buyers.

wptheme, May 30, 2011 IP
  12. pixie22702

pixie22702 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have ordered from dggate quite a few times , everything from cameras to laser hand gun sites and do not have a gripe...I usually order one of something to check quality and if satisfied order larger quantities...As with almost any transaction there will be glitches but all have been resolved to my satisfaction...From what Iv'e read I wouldnt order a guitar.....remember you get what you pay for..if its too good to be true yaada yaada yaada...

pixie22702, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  13. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi friend. .
    I do not know about that site. maybe you can share with other friends in DP forums

wekop, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  14. pixie22702

pixie22702 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont really want to advertise for the site but you can find it easily enough...use caution, you get what you pay for...there are many china merchandise sights.enjoy-you can loose a whole day just going from site to site...

pixie22702, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  15. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No experience about this site.

capstonic, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  16. nieye

nieye Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a bad site.

nieye, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  17. nicoleleblanc

nicoleleblanc Peon

Best Answers:
    many people complain DHGate is a scam, I would like like to say "DHGate is just a platform, like ebay,many Chinese seller sale products on this platform, of course some are good ,some are bad, it is generally safe,some sellers there are definitely not"safe". I bought two dresses from DHgate, one is for my reception, another is for my ceremony,
    my reception dress is not good quality than another one.I bought 3 bridesmaid dresses from perfectweddingforever.com .they looks gorgerous. So in my opinion,if you do not want to take risk of your wedding dress,you can buy from those reliable online stores,like perfectweddingforever.com, lightinthebox,etc,at least,they sell their own brand dresses.

nicoleleblanc, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  18. tdsii

tdsii Member

Best Answers:
    i'd rather purchase from pickicon.com

amazing prices with amazing customer support!

tdsii, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  19. dyanaangel

dyanaangel Active Member

Best Answers:
    i never heard about DHGate.com, after reviewing the site, it may run by scammers.. be aware of these kind of Sites..

dyanaangel, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  20. ToastIsYummy

ToastIsYummy Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive used them they are very good.

ToastIsYummy, Jul 18, 2011 IP